Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Technical Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 29th, 2004, 01:53 PM   #1
fratt37

No router 10 min disconnects

I was experiencing those disconnects at approximately 10 minutes into play, and typically in town.
I am connected straight into my LAN card, so I looked into other options.

I did Windows update. just cuz
I decided to do the basic "Are all my drivers current?" check.
I know my Vid driver is current, but when I went to my Motherboard manufacturer's site I saw that my mobo drivers hadn't been updated since 1/2002!!
I updated these, AGP port, and drivers, sound board, IDE driver, and LAN board, including a BIOS flash. I looked into updating any firmware on my board, but lost interest in that.

On coming back to the game I played a long, embarassingly long, time and did not disconnect at all. I got the "please wait" window several times, but always came back to the game in a few seconds, usually sooner.
So that was good.
I need to try this again, probably tomorrow, during the day to see if it still happens when the server is less populated.
Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by fratt37 : September 30th, 2004 at 02:02 AM. Reason: To explain the things that got updated.
fratt37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #2
vguerin

Re: No router 10 min disconnects

Routers are hardware firewalls, do you have a software firewall ? Windows XP SP2 automatically installs and activates one, could this be the problem ?

Click here to join Melinoe
Ultimate Harvesting Guide
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:49 PM   #3
kierstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
Routers are hardware firewalls, do you have a software firewall ? Windows XP SP2 automatically installs and activates one, could this be the problem ?
You can disable it during install, and I don't think this is the problem that he's experiencing.

Since starting I've had numerous stalls in the game and have been working with GMs trying to pinpoint what's happening. A brief overview:
AMD64 3400+
1GB PC3200 RAM
GeForceFX 5700 256MB
(2) SATA 140GB HD RAID
Windows XP Pro SP2
MS Integrated Firewall and Security services - disabled
nVidia Unified Driver for Windows XP v5.10
nVidia ForceWare 61.77
BIOS up to date, etc.
DirectX 9c
I have tried this with both a Linksys NIC (10/100) and with a 3COM 10/100 NIC.

Connected through a Linksys router (BEFSR81 - 6 Months old) frequent stalls with "Please Wait" icon on screen, but I'm able to chat, interact with npcs, buy/sell items, just can't move.

Connected directly to cable modem, still have frequent stalls. These seem to happen the most when I get missions from Overseers, or after receiving missions and moving towards mat vendor. Rarely do I see this occurring anywhere outside of starter towns.

This is the only game that I have had problems like this with. Doing traceroute to the server doesn't show anything abnormal, and even if it did it wouldn't pinpoint anything because frankly there are too many variables that can come into play with a simple ping :P (I.E. some of the hops may simply refuse to reply to ping requests, etc).

Another funny thing to note is that I play this with my brother from behind the same IP through our router. He has never had the problem that I have. At most he'll see "please wait" on his screen once or twice during a 5-6 hour play session and that's it. They typically last 1 to 5 seconds and he's back to playing.

I'll probably end up doing a clean install of everything (OS, Drivers, Game) this weekend, but I'm skeptical if that will resolve the issue.
kierstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #4
kdthehun

I get this disconnec error even when i do nothing, or after a fight, etc. I got an iBall Router, with split connection.
kdthehun is offline   Reply With Quote