Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM   #1
Tidings
Senior Member (100+ posts)

The Order of the Rangers of Atys

Homins of Atys,

As the past unfolds into the uncertain future, I bring you a message from the Head of the Order of the Rangers of Atys.

"Homins, we of the Order of the Rangers of Atys would speak to you all on a matter of overwhelming importance. I apologise for the short notice, but the times are dark indeed and I bring a dire warning to you that cannot be delayed. I ask of you to attend at the grave ring south of Dyron Stables tomorrow night Wednesday the 30th November at 8pm GMT (3pm EST) The message will be repeated at 1am GMT (8pm EST)."
Old November 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #2
trenker

Re: The Order of the Rangers of Atys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidings
the grave ring south of Dyron Stables

Strange place to meet. Not sure where that is exactly, but I guess it can't be that hard to decipher, I've been in Dyron 8 months afterall. Hmmm.

Tember
An old git.
trenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 03:07 AM   #3
sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenker
Not sure where that is exactly
Straight south of the stables, just past the guard tower. Hope they picked the right season for this, because sometimes thats a kirosta spawn
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 11:56 PM   #4
bendunk
Registered Player

Can anyone post what went on/what was said? Missed the first one and need to be sleeping when the second one is on...
bendunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 12:17 AM   #5
roninpvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendunk
Can anyone post what went on/what was said? Missed the first one and need to be sleeping when the second one is on...

Essentialy they were there fighting along side the karavan during the great swarming. They've been watching the Kittin and learning their behaviour etc.. to protect homin kind. The gods have caused this division among homins and the kitin appear to be ready to attack. There has been more activity from the kitin in the roots and they appear to be massing in atami wood (sic). We need to put aside our differences and fight together against this threat.

Something like that. (i'll try to make it better if i remember to attend the 2nd one)
roninpvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 06:01 AM   #6
katriell

Quote:
Greetings Homins and thank you for attending this meeting at such short notice.

Firstly, we would like to introduce ourselves to you all, many of whom we recognise from our travels around Atys.

We are the guild of the Rangers of Atys, and we have one main intention: to free Hominity from the Kitin threat for ever.

My name is Guide Ranger Orphie Dradius, and I am the current leader of the Atys Rangers.

My colleagues here are the Grand Quartermaster of the Order Melga Folgore, and Officers Wilk Potskin and Han Kiou, some of our finest fighters and scouts.

To start, I wish to give you a little background on our order:

I am sure many of you have, in the past, seen our members aiding the refugees that still need help and direction when they are ready to attain the new lands, but the Rangers have always had a greater purpose which I wish to explain to you.

The Atys Rangers were formed in the aftermath of the Great Swarming, from some of those brave Homins who fought alongside the Karavan to protect Hominkind from the Kitin onslaught.

We have never believed that the Kitin War was ultimately won however.

And Rangers have continued to watch over the Kitins, eliminating their scouts when necessary and documenting their habits and movements so as to be ready to help the Homins of Atys when bad times come again.

The Kitins are not defeated - merely pushed back for a while - and it behooves us never forget the disasters of the past.

The Rangers are hand-picked and highly trained in their self-appointed task, and very little Kitin activity takes place that they are unaware of.

As an order we are constantly planning and replanning for the eventuality of a new invasion, and ensuring that the races of Homins would be safe when this finally occurs.

We believe that as Homins of Atys you should put aside your internal struggles and unite in the face of the threat you face from outside.

Your gods are causing dissension and strife amongst you all and the peoples are losing sight of the true enemy of all homins: the merciless and unfeeling Kitins.

If such divisions had been ignored in the past and all Homins had united to fight the great swarming, how much different might history have been and how much more might we as a people have accomplished?

Homins, I bitterly regret that we now bear bad news for you all. This is why we have decided to show our true purpose to you at this time.

After many years of hiding in the shadows to enable us to scout unseen and unheard the threat that is always stalking our lands.

For their own selfish purposes, the Kami and Karavan have stirred again the Kitin threat in the old lands!

Our scouts in the Prime Roots have discerned that there are mass waves of high-ranked Kitin troopers beginning to gather in the old lands of the Almati Woods, agitated and rewoken to their hatred of Hominity by the frenzied activity of the temple builders

How reckless and how foolish are your so-called Gods? The whole land of Atys is now in danger and none of your homes and families is safe.

We have worked through the long years of rebuilding, hoping but doubting that the Kitins were beaten, only now to have them regroup in huge force.

The Kitins have been disturbed by the unconsidered actions of those who should have known far better and taken more care in their protection of Hominity, and we will all have to deal with the consequences of that and its effect on our fair lands.

So now we have but one choice remaining if the deluge is to be averted - we have to act as brothers in arms and fight together to end this threat once and for all.

We must put aside all thoughts of hatred against our own kind and unite in this grand task to save our race and our future.

If we do not do this now, from the reports of my brave scouts none of us here assembled will have a future, save only one of total war, attrition and death.

Brothers and sisters, do you stand with the Rangers against the Kitins?

One day we hope to welcome many of you to our ranks, so prepare yourselves for the tasks ahead and you too could bear the proud and ancient name of Atys Ranger!

Junk to increase message length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushin
When you have developers that listen to their customers and make adjustments to the game its important to be responsible about what we ask for. Lots of things i and many others used to enjoy have been destroyed by ppl complaining they are too hard and the dev's making them easier. its not nice.
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 06:03 AM   #7
kuroari

i was at the second one... and this seems like a glorious idea... but i'm a little confused.. are "the order of rangers" a guild? do they want me to leave The Samsara? *scoffs* i scoff at the notion!..

however.. i'm seeing an alliance of guilds that will greatly shift the tides of battle between ma-duk and jena..

i say, we rise above these 'dieties' .. we consider leaving them to squabble for followers as they see fit! meanwhile, Homins will look out for Homins, and while jena and ma-duk are screaming at the top of their lungs that THEIR temple is prettier, we shall go out and destroy the kitin forces before they bring the fight to us!

(.... known kitin spies.. kizoars, Neva, and Kikyo.. more to come (add to this list as you find them) )

the days of the kami and the karavan dictatorships are at an end! (i hope) what did they ever do but bug us? i say let us rule this land ourselves!

to quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophy
The Saga of Ryzom is also the only place where you are able to become the leaders of entire factions. Progression is not just about the next creature. Here, progression is also about becoming the commander of great deeds that History will remember. The true essence of the Hero is to recognized and remembered for the changes he or she managed to impose. The obstacles are challenging, but treasures containing new skills will keep opening-up new horizons.

my life for The Samsara, and its teachings.. WEALTH AND GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!

/cheer

The Exodus Syndicate

"One Guild...One Goal...Domination"
Apply Home Roster
Old December 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM   #8
katriell

Quote:
but i'm a little confused.. are "the order of rangers" a guild? do they want me to leave The Samsara?
I think they meant you'd get a title, not join the guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushin
When you have developers that listen to their customers and make adjustments to the game its important to be responsible about what we ask for. Lots of things i and many others used to enjoy have been destroyed by ppl complaining they are too hard and the dev's making them easier. its not nice.
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 09:20 AM   #9
dakhound

*stops banging head on wall

huh kitin invasion, yay

*looks at nevrax...........hmmm I guess holding their caffinated coffee hostage until they do another invasion worked.

*gives back coffee
dakhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 01:53 PM   #10
ncrijns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
*stops banging head on wall

huh kitin invasion, yay

*looks at nevrax...........hmmm I guess holding their caffinated coffee hostage until they do another invasion worked.

*gives back coffee

Not yet. This is just the build up. We just have to see what's out there.
Only things bothering me is.. why the Almati woods? Why not the dunes or the lake?

From a strategic point of view those 2 locations are far more defencable. Maybe the Kitin don't care tho. Can't read a bugs mind (or a Homins one for that matter).

I hope on good times! And victory!

And ofcourse the Kitin corpses that go with that. Lots and lots of them. That will be good.
ncrijns is offline   Reply With Quote