Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 18th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Xavier Antoviaque
Inactive Members

Some hints and clarifications about Episode 2

Yesterday, Episode 2 has reached new grounds, as the war for raw materials and construction of religious temples has entered its first large scale phase. We have carefully followed the action in game, and your reactions on the boards, and there are a few clarifications and hints we want to give and discuss with you.

Additionally, we have activated the web version of the Hall of Fame on the roleplay website opened yesterday, the Atys Chronicles.

[...]

http://ryzom.com/?page=news&id=1422

--
Xavier.
Xavier Antoviaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #2
xenofur
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Some hints and clarifications about Episode 2

@ hall of fame:
fyros sanctuary on leanon and aniro shows that the trunk and core have 1% complete even tho we aren't working on them yet.
also, sometimes the fyros sanctuary is displayed as "temple"
xenofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #3
petej

Are the Hall of Fame points shown on one of the player menus (like P for Honour Points) ? -if not id like to be able to see it there too instead of having to visit the statue
Zoraď : Master Desert/Forest/Jungle/Lakeland/PR Forager , Master Light Melee Weapon Smith , Jeweler Master , 201+ in All 39 Craft Branchs , All Craft Trainer and Outpost plans -gone walkabout (solo) awaiting new content
"There are no OMG's of mass destruction"
petej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #4
magick1

Great to see something done so swiftly, and in the right places (harvesting is becomeing equal to all). However I think the spawn time for the kitin is raised too much.

And again, much applause given for the new site, the 'Hall of Fame' is a really nice touch (and one more reason to go there regularly).
magick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:32 PM   #5
roninpvp

"The PvP has been modified just a few weeks ago. Innovative and efficient strategies are yet to be discovered - that's one of the interests of Episode 2. Don't hesitate to try new ways of fighting."

1. I've put on the market and sold many many sets of new resistance jewlry. Probably to many of the same people that were ganking me yesterday.

2. PVP IN RYZOM SUCKS (Not that it matters but I was unbeatable RA2 Ladder and I killed tons in Diablo Hardcore so yes I do know PvP in RPGs and RTS) how many times do I have to state this.
a.) There is only the minimal of skill involved
b.) There is no true Moving/running combat.
c.) There are no different strategies.
d.) There are no consumebles.
e.) The benefit of higher levels does not help in combat when your outnumbered.

3.) So far this episode is stupid beyond belief. Honour points for ganking me while I dig with no chance at all of defending myself. The stupid radar doesnt show the oppisite faction color till they get within blasting range And BTW LOW LEVEL FIGHT/MAGIC but HIGH LVL HARVESTERS should NOT CON THEIR HARVEST LEVELS. There is no way a 250 harvester but very weak fight/magic should be conning Large Black Star Purple! What in Gods name are you thinking. You just promote ganking. Who the heck makes up these decisions? If they are getting Honour points for killing these poor homins you guys are ***Content removed: Use of foul language and insulting other users is not permitted on these public message boards. Please respect our Forum Rules and Code of Conduct.*** There is nothing honorable about a 250 fighter/mage killing a 250 harvester unless that harvester is also 250 fight/mage. You need to simply remove harvesting from the check on levels for honor points/conning. Duh Duh Duh.

4.) I seriously suspect people of dragging these super agroing kittin to beat down players then kill them off. Half the time I died a ***Content removed: Use of foul language and insulting other users is not permitted on these public message boards. Please respect our Forum Rules and Code of Conduct.*** person pulled it on me. All but one of my deaths from Kitin yesterday were by people pulling KITIN ON ME. I guess they didnt get the last blast in on time.

When I got this game I was expecting more of the Homin vs Kitin theme. The raid engine and all the testing we did in beta seemed to be along the lines of the homins trying to survive. It was nice and a fresh change from Diablo Hardcore Ladder (Very ancient game with still superior dueling/pvp skills than Ryzom ) I was playing at the time. I was tired of PvP I was tired of PKs I was tired of PKK. I was tired of Wars with other Guilds. Ryzom seemed nice and relaxing.

The fact this game has non combatant skills was nice and fun. The fact that these non combatants can get ganked and give fame to players with no negetive effect is ridiculous. Come on A kami ganks me while digging then They should get negative Karavan Honour and not be allowed anywhere near Karavan TPs, guards etc.. Or at least something along those lines.

You force me to PVP to get any new content.
You force PVP down my throat to play with others since you nerf soloing.
You force me to look for a game with Real PVP and a game that doesnt lie to me.

No false promises of where the game is going. You should have told us this was the future of ryzom. you should have told us race/faction will be huge. You should have made it from the start that Kami's cant by Karavan goods and Kami's cant go into karavan towns and vice versa. Not this changing a year after start into a completely different game and thus a different community. You've lied and to my shame I believed you Nevrax.

Last edited by lawrence : October 26th, 2005 at 01:35 PM.
roninpvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:43 PM   #6
larwood

Although I have found some entertainment in the changes... I am afraid what it will do to Ryzom.

It already is driving people away.

It will not logically bring players to the game.
why?

Because I, as a lvl 248 elemental have a very hard time keeping up. I am an experienced player that has a large skill (level) base to draw from.

New players do not and will not. If they come to Ryzom because of the new changes, they will leave just as fast. They will stand no chance, especially with the heal change, in the Episode 2 area.

SO... it seems that this change is pushing away both old and new players.
larwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:20 PM   #7
kazuki
Member (30+ posts)

Angry Re: Some hints and clarifications about Episode 2

I am Matis! Why on Atys would I build anything honoring my goddess, on my land, out of desert type materials? Will I hand my goddess a dusty sandflea infested Q60 shell to 'honor' her? *spits* Why would the old lands not be a skill all can share equally (remember PR?).

I am regretting that I heard one of my own say "let's go look for diggers." If this is how I am to 'honor' my goddess I will be abandoning those missions I took on last night tonight.

I am not even sorry I will "miss out on" this "new content".
kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #8
emdawg
Registered Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninpvp
4.) I seriously suspect people of dragging these super agroing kittin to beat down players then kill them off. Half the time I died a ***Edited: Use of foul language and insulting other users is not permitted on these public message boards. Please respect our Forum Rules and Code of Conduct.*** person pulled it on me. All but one of my deaths from Kitin yesterday were by people pulling KITIN ON ME. I guess they didnt get the last blast in on time.

I just wanted to take one last crack at clearing my name with you. You accused me of this yesterday, and when I contacted you privately to politely clarify the situation and explain that I did not do it, you insulted me, and called me a liar. I can't help but think you are a tad paranoid, and perhaps a little bloated in the head. You can't drag aggro on someone when you are over 250m away. Even if it was somehow possible, I would never do it purposely. I've got better things to do in game, and I certainly wouldn't waste my time trying to straighten the issue with you if I had antagonized you intentionaly. I would like an appology, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by lawrence : October 26th, 2005 at 01:50 PM.
emdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #9
forever

Thanks you for listening and making changes.

It seems to me that Ryzom is a little bit to team oriented for some people, you can't do many thing on your own. The game really only works well if you’re in a team of well-organized people. This is a good thing for some and not for others. I think most other games seem to be more solo friendly and people are having a hard time adjusting here.

All I know is I'm having fun and hope other are as well.
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #10
sebron
Member (30+ posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninpvp
"The PvP has been modified just a few weeks ago. Innovative and efficient strategies are yet to be discovered - that's one of the interests of Episode 2. Don't hesitate to try new ways of fighting."

1. I've put on the market and sold many many sets of new resistance jewlry. Probably to many of the same people that were ganking me yesterday.

2. PVP IN RYZOM SUCKS (Not that it matters but I was unbeatable RA2 Ladder and I killed tons in Diablo Hardcore so yes I do know PvP in RPGs and RTS) how many times do I have to state this.
a.) There is only the minimal of skill involved
b.) There is no true Moving/running combat.
c.) There are no different strategies.
d.) There are no consumebles.
e.) The benefit of higher levels does not help in combat when your outnumbered.

3.) So far this episode is stupid beyond belief. Honour points for ganking me while I dig with no chance at all of defending myself. The stupid radar doesnt show the oppisite faction color till they get within blasting range And BTW LOW LEVEL FIGHT/MAGIC but HIGH LVL HARVESTERS should NOT CON THEIR HARVEST LEVELS. There is no way a 250 harvester but very weak fight/magic should be conning Large Black Star Purple! What in Gods name are you thinking. You just promote ganking. Who the heck makes up these decisions? If they are getting Honour points for killing these poor homins you guys are ***Content removed: Use of foul language and insulting other users is not permitted on these public message boards. Please respect our Forum Rules and Code of Conduct.***

There is nothing honorable about a 250 fighter/mage killing a 250 harvester unless that harvester is also 250 fight/mage. You need to simply remove harvesting from the check on levels for honor points/conning. Duh Duh Duh.

4.) I seriously suspect people of dragging these super agroing kittin to beat down players then kill them off. Half the time I died a ***Content removed: Use of foul language and insulting other users is not permitted on these public message boards. Please respect our Forum Rules and Code of Conduct.*** person pulled it on me. All but one of my deaths from Kitin yesterday were by people pulling KITIN ON ME. I guess they didnt get the last blast in on time.

When I got this game I was expecting more of the Homin vs Kitin theme. The raid engine and all the testing we did in beta seemed to be along the lines of the homins trying to survive. It was nice and a fresh change from Diablo Hardcore Ladder (Very ancient game with still superior dueling/pvp skills than Ryzom ) I was playing at the time. I was tired of PvP I was tired of PKs I was tired of PKK. I was tired of Wars with other Guilds. Ryzom seemed nice and relaxing.

The fact this game has non combatant skills was nice and fun. The fact that these non combatants can get ganked and give fame to players with no negetive effect is ridiculous. Come on A kami ganks me while digging then They should get negative Karavan Honour and not be allowed anywhere near Karavan TPs, guards etc.. Or at least something along those lines.

You force me to PVP to get any new content.
You force PVP down my throat to play with others since you nerf soloing.
You force me to look for a game with Real PVP and a game that doesnt lie to me.

No false promises of where the game is going. You should have told us this was the future of ryzom. you should have told us race/faction will be huge. You should have made it from the start that Kami's cant by Karavan goods and Kami's cant go into karavan towns and vice versa. Not this changing a year after start into a completely different game and thus a different community. You've lied and to my shame I believed you Nevrax.

I to feel the same way you do Sinful on this.

I would much rather fight NPC than my fellow homins. There is NO HONOR in this game any more.... so sad!

I to liked the raid engine that was in place in beta.... SO COOL!

I also feel sorry for anyone coming into the game. I now think that it will be harder to get people to help new comers for the threat that they may some day gank you.

The flavor of this game is now gone! I to do not know if to quit or to play a bit longer???

Last edited by lawrence : October 26th, 2005 at 01:32 PM.
sebron is offline   Reply With Quote