Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 22nd, 2006, 02:33 AM   #11
sprite
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Egiros Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
For some reason folks have not updated Spiteh's thread on what their OP has.
Well I'm honoured, but it's not my thread
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 11:18 AM   #12
kratos84

I have personally inquired and traded with all 14 OPs on the supposedly Kami side of Atys, and none produces Egiros or Rubbarn. That should allow me to rightfully ask someone from Nevrax to either give a list of what each OP produces, or actually, assuming my inquiry was accurate, that is unless two Kami guilds were being exceptionally good in deception, answer the question of why such blatant, flagrant favoritism of one side over the other.

There's a big problem here if ineed that's true. I spent literally hundreds of hours trying to perfect my digging skill and find out those ultimate recipes for amps, as did, I presume, Brithlem, Kye and many others, but all those work can go to hell now because of Rubbarn and Egiros, and under normal circumstances I wouldn't have access to either and Melinoe/ Omega V would have no reason to give me any because of the premise of the faction war. And before someone even begins to suggest the absurdity, no, given the circumstances a Kami guild couldn't practically be holding the OPs that give Egiros/ Rubbarn, if the BotH battle hadn't already shown. First there is this huge tp/ portal spawn point location restriction which gave the OP in Loria to Omega V, then there has always been a structural population imbalance among the races at least on this shard, and it is not a coincidence that the absolute majority of Matis/ Tryker players are Karavan and Fyros/ Zorai Kami because in effect their choice is driven or dictated by the lore, and they will react differently to a Kami guild holding an OP in their land than a Karavan guild, and so on and so on. There is no real choice here if you want a certain identity and still want a fair means to accessing certain critical resources, Nevrax might as well say it is fair because anyone could have picked Matis on the character creation screen.

I assume how Nevrax thought it's going to work is that there are supposedly 2 exclusive "good" mats on the Kami side as well, being Vedice Sap and Cheng Root. That said however, it is easy to see their benefits are far outweighed by those of Egiros and Rubbarn. (It is arguable itself whether Cheng is actually better than Maga, my opinion is no.) So I guess the question is, how do you suppose us to play a faction war when you have at your will given one faction an insurmountable advantage. If there is no suitable reaction from Nevrax I suppose even the optimist in me can see more Kami exodus on the way, for we the players are not here to work extra hard just to fix your incompetence in balancing the game.
kratos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 11:51 AM   #13
praha

Cheng root is rubbish. Especially considering the loss of durability on amps. The bonus is not worth the time or effort of making a special nuke/heal/afflic stanza to accomodate the bonus.

The OP mats you want are probably locked away in an inactive OP in one of the Kami lands. I wouldn't hold your breath on it being activated anytime soon either.

Going by the lore the pick mat being in the Karavan occupied land makes sense. The karavan have been known to exploit the land (see Hidden Source Karavan welcomer forage mission for further details). Still a great snode tool. Summertime SNode I would consider losing the caveman pick with 220 extra focus for it.

As for the crafting tool I have no comment at this time...
praha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:25 PM   #14
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos84
I have personally inquired and traded with all 14 OPs on the supposedly Kami side of Atys, and none produces Egiros or Rubbarn.
maybe for those in the dark, you could list outpost mats and what effect it has on final craft or what effect does tools give ?
just to be clear, i'm not asking which op can dig what mats, just mat/tool effects.

ty :-)
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:27 PM   #15
tylarth

Heres a wacky idea, maybe there is no intentional balance, that way if you want access to certain mats/flowers you have to aquire that OP in conflict.
tylarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM   #16
boinged

Re: Egiros Pick [spoiler]

This has all been gathered by various rumours so may not be 100% accurate. Who has what, I couldn't possibly say

Tools:
Rubbarn Gum = 5% chance of attribute boost (eg speed/dmg) on crafted item [is this one attribute or ALL attributes?]
Armilo Lichen = 5% chance of adding a (random) 20 bonus (hp/sap/stam/foc) to the crafted item

Picks:
Greslin Filament = 5% chance that the forage appears with no risk
Egiros Pollen = 5% chance of double the mats in this 'extraction attack'

Weapons:
Tekorn Bramble = 5% chance of attack being critical
Vedice Sap = 5% chance of attack causing vampiric effect

Amps:
Maga Creeper = 5% chance of a free cast
Cheng Roots = 5% chance of a instant cast

Highlight to unhide.

Last edited by boinged : February 22nd, 2006 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Thanks Marjo and Spriteh :p
boinged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:21 PM   #17
sprite

Re: Egiros Pick [spoiler]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinged
Egiros Pollen = 5% chance of double the mats in this dig
Slight correction... - its "per extraction action"... ie every swing of the pick, you have a chance of getting double the mats (so 1.6 instead of 0.8)

Edit: Marjo recoloured my text, so highlight it if you wanna see what Egiros does

Last edited by sprite : February 22nd, 2006 at 05:46 PM.
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 05:30 PM   #18
vguerin

Quote:
and under normal circumstances I wouldn't have access to either and Melinoe/ Omega V would have no reason to give me any because of the premise of the faction war.
OOC: Well, reality is thus... if you have something of equal or higher value you could probably trade with either of us... RP goes only so far and we know what things we need just as you do. Certain goofballs/gankers on the server might never get anything directly from us, but it's about need surely. /OOC

The goddess provides her loyal followers with the things needed to best serve her and the Karavan. When you see the true way and leave the darkside, you will benefit from this bounty as well. Giving the enemy something they need aids them in their efforts against the Karavan, this is rarely encouraged among us Karavaneers.
The Ultimate Harvesting Guide
Melinoe - Atys Harvesters : http://melinoe.net/
Melinoe were the humble managers of the outpost - Ginti Workshop (Before SoR Died)
WWJD - What Would Jena Do ?
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #19
Marjo
Community Liaison

Quote:
I have personally inquired and traded with all 14 OPs on the supposedly Kami side of Atys, and none produces Egiros or Rubbarn. That should allow me to rightfully ask someone from Nevrax to either give a list of what each OP produces, or actually, assuming my inquiry was accurate, that is unless two Kami guilds were being exceptionally good in deception, answer the question of why such blatant, flagrant favoritism of one side over the other.
Thanks to your post, I asked to the devs about this and here we discovered a mistake: indeed these materials should be available in the kami lands too, what is not the case at the moment.

Each of the 4 mats currently available in only one Outpost, should have been drilled by two Outposts: one in the karavan oriented lands, and one in the kami oriented lands.

So, in order to bring back the intended quantity of mats available, 4 level 200 Outposts will be changed with the next patch, to bring another mat. I'm giving below the names of the 4 concerned Outposts, so the guilds owning a 200 OP can check whether their OP will change or not. As soon as the server is patched, the Outpost will start giving the new material.
To avoid any spoil, I've hidden the OP names; highlight the text below to read them.

- Fearing Fen Farm
- Malmont Farm
- Twintops Workshop
- Great Outback Workshop
Old February 24th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #20
kyesmith

why would a lvl 200 outpost dig the most valuble material???
like with the kara the gd outpost mats are dug by Q250 outposts, this makes no sence? its more worth while to have a 200 OP.....
kyesmith is offline   Reply With Quote