Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 29th, 2005, 06:08 PM   #1
lawrence
Inactive Members

Q&A Round X - Answers Published

Nevrax has just published a new set of answers to our latest Q&A round on the official website: http://www.ryzom.com/?page=news&id=857

Feel free to discuss!
lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #2
sehracii
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Q&A Round X - Answers Published

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q&A

When a deposit monitored by the Kamis hasn't been harvested yet, the Kami tolerance is at 10,000; that represents the number of raw materials which can be harvested from sources before having to suffer the Kami's wrath. That number is regenerated at a rate of 860 points per hour, so to be able to forage a source indefinitely, no more 860 raw materials should be extracted from the entire deposit area per hour.

That says to me, harmful doesn't hurt the KT any different than gentle, except for the fact that you may be pulling more mats. Dig gently and get X mats in 10 hours. Dig harmful and get X mats in 5 hours and kill KT. Come back 5 hours later and the KT is where it would have been if you dug gently the whole 10, but you got the same amount of mats and 5 hours to do something else.

Hypothetically.

Right?

Sehraci Antodera
[NEW Medium Armor Boutique]
Master of Illusion and Torment
"True power is not destruction, but control"

Karavaneer - Arispotle
Reapers of the Dark
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #3
mmatto

I would guess that description gave only general idea and each explosion and cloud reduces KT by certain amount.

EDIT: This was intended as question
mmatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #4
sehracii

That's what I always thought. But the comment in the Q&A sounded pretty concrete. Why say "860 per hour" if there are more factors? The number doens't mean anytrhing because no dig area gets dug for an hour without some gas.

Sehraci Antodera
[NEW Medium Armor Boutique]
Master of Illusion and Torment
"True power is not destruction, but control"

Karavaneer - Arispotle
Reapers of the Dark
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #5
mmatto

I like the PvP balancing suggestions but I would like to note a (unintended?) consequence of reduced healing efficiency. It willl remove possibility that much lower level healer can team with higher level team and contribute efficiently in battle.
mmatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #6
glipe

So the camera feature is in game already? Cool! Time for movies!

I don't envy the devs when it comes to Heal-nerfing time. Sure, it has to be done, but people aren't going to like it much.

I do miss the invasions and I'm hopeful they will be coming back soon. Especially if they are in a format similar to the last big one. I really enjoyed the multi-faceted nature of the puzzle set before us and I think the players are now mature enough to deal with a bit of a struggle.
glipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #7
quasar11

I've complained in the past that many important questions had been dodged. You answered many this time and although i didn't appreciate all the answers(IE. preoccupation with PVP), I REALLY appreciated your candor. Just knowing why you won't do invasions, for me, makes the wait much more palatable. Prays to the great Server Stability god in the sky...be merciful

quasar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #8
forever

Quote:
Healing. One of the biggest issues for PvP lies with healing: it is so powerful today that it kills the fun of PvP. Resurrecting someone is much easier than killing him. The reason why the heal spells are so powerful goes back to the introduction of Chapter 1; we wanted to give you a chance against the mobs which were more powerful at that time, so we multiplied the power of heal spells by 4. Since then, we have fixed the mob strength issue, but we haven't changed the power of healing spells; we didn’t want to nerf it without a good reason. As a partial solution, we would probably divide the heal points given by heal spells by at least 3.
To me this would kill PvM, healing is already one of the hardest skills to perform in a group. If you did this, healers would have a much harder time keeping every ones health up.

Quote:
Warrior class balancing. To give a chance to the warriors when they have to compete with offensive casters, we are considering the possibility to add magical protection to warrior jewels, which would absorb a portion of the magical damages warriors would normally receive - pretty much the equivalent of heavy armor for magical damage. Some of these protections could even reach 100%, granting a complete invulnerability to a given spell type. Also, we are investigating the possibility of increasing the chances of having a spell cast interrupted when a caster is attacked to give a hand-to-hand advantage to the warriors, as well as increasing the effect of critical strikes.
Would this jewelry be only for the warrior or could a mage put it on?
If it is just for the warrior would it not be better to put it on their armor?

What the warrior really needs is to be able to do a little more damage in PvP and PvM.
Old June 29th, 2005, 11:19 PM   #9
trenker

Well its nice to get answers, but, I'm afraid one of the answers was most devestating: That the raid engine is bugged. In other words, the 'massive invasions bla bla' on the box do not work. This explains why the January invasion was the last of course.

The really sad thing is that nothing on the box that drew me to the game works now. I'm not saying this to be derrisive, I'm just sad.

Glum even.
trenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 11:30 PM   #10
danadita

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatto
... I would like to note a (unintended?) consequence of reduced healing efficiency. It willl remove possibility that much lower level healer can team with higher level team and contribute efficiently in battle.
... and that 3 under 140 mages can (well, after the patch: adjust that to "used to") run around a 150 area and take good care of themselves. Damn! I just knew I was gonna nerf it just by saying somethin' about it last night. Damn! *bites knuckle* Why have the Gods of Atys given me this power?
danadita is offline   Reply With Quote