Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 13th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #1
lawrence
Inactive Members

[DEV] Rites, July 13

As previously announced, Nevrax has just added a new set of features to the Now In Test Section over on the official website. In order to be able to provide Nevrax with more detailed feedback, we'll be adding separate feedback threads for some of the items listed there.

[ R I T E S ]
  • Some incomplete rites, should not have been visible on the live version of the game. We have deactivated those 28 rites. For players who already fulfilled some of the pre-requisites, the pages will disappear from the encyclopedia.
lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #2
petej
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: [DEV] Rites, July 13

Can we please have a list of the affected Themes as it appears to be not all of the ones which are currently available on the live server , I have 46 Themes active in my Encyclopedia only 12 of which can be completed afaik...
Zoraï : Master Desert/Forest/Jungle/Lakeland/PR Forager , Master Light Melee Weapon Smith , Jeweler Master , 201+ in All 39 Craft Branchs , All Craft Trainer and Outpost plans -gone walkabout (solo) awaiting new content
"There are no OMG's of mass destruction"
petej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #3
iwojimmy

I think most people want to know.. when/if those rites are restored, will we still have our completed prerequisite missions, or will they have to be done again.

personally i dont mind chasing down the incomplete missions, its more interesting than spamming the easy fame missions, but I can see how some people may get annoyed at being reminded of stuff that doesnt work fully yet.
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 11:25 PM   #4
trenker

Acual removal of content, a step backwards, but very tidy, ha haa.
trenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #5
dazzer
Registered Player

I understand the need to remove these rites that are not yet fully implemented within the game, as it can be quite annoying when completeing the pre-requisite missions within a theme, only to find out that the Rite is unavailable.
I presently have 13 themes whereby all the pre-requisite missions are complete and I am just awaighting the Rite mission.

My questions are:
If you take these incomplete Rites out of the encyclopedia, when such time as the Rites are fully implemented into the game; Do we get them back with the missions we have already completed? Do we have to start them all over again? While I suppose there is an up side to doing them again in that we can glean some more Fame from them, some of them have been a challange and do take a considerable amout of time to complete.

Cant you guys simply work towards completing and implementing the Rite missions for these instead.
dazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #6
Alcina
Registered Player

Exclamation Re: [DEV] Rites, July 13

Good way of going about it, If it doesnt work instead of fixing it YOU remove it.
Alcina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #7
mmatto

There was some kind of competition during christmas to find these themes. How about running a new competetion to find all themes and fulfill all prequisites by certain date. All who are succesfull will get some nice 'unique' item.

That would be dirt cheap to implement and would give high level players something to do for summer.
mmatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2005, 01:26 AM   #8
petej

I think some of the pre-req missions are bugged as well , like the kill Slaveni in CoI used to be (ie there were no Slaveni there) , theres alot of Goo Infected missions for example , one of them is bound to be needed which is a pityfull reflection on the state of the game :/
Zoraï : Master Desert/Forest/Jungle/Lakeland/PR Forager , Master Light Melee Weapon Smith , Jeweler Master , 201+ in All 39 Craft Branchs , All Craft Trainer and Outpost plans -gone walkabout (solo) awaiting new content
"There are no OMG's of mass destruction"
petej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 04:38 AM   #9
svayvti

Since coming back to Ryzom I must say that I've been enjoying the rites immensely. I really wish there were more of them to uncover the history of Atys.

I think they could be spruced up a bit too, maybe with some hints for the foraging materials and a couple pieces of spiffy artwork. Perhaps art relating to the Rite such as schematics for crafting rites, picture of the chest of wisdom, etc.

I'm just running around with them while I wait and hope for my patch 1 Death Penalty to wear off.
svayvti is offline   Reply With Quote