Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 27th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #1
lawrence
Inactive Members

Latest Q&A Round - Answers published

Nevrax has just published the answers to our most recent Q&A Round. The article is available on the official website: http://www.ryzom.com/?page=news&id=947

If you have any comments or questions regarding the answers, feel free to let us know, by using this discussion thread.
lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #2
alexrowe
Member (30+ posts)

Re: Latest Q&A Round - Answers published

Quote:
How is the work on Outposts going? [Submitted by dc77066 (EN)]

It is going well; in fact, since we have finished the spring clean, we have been able to dedicate more resources to the tasks related to the outposts: design fine-tuning and gameplay improvements (following the tests we made on the ATS), integration within the general PvP system, code, etc. So it's moving forward faster now.

However, we have still some work to do before reaching the ATS testing phase where you'll be able to participate.

So I'm guessing thats another 2 months eh before ATS testing.
alexrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #3
sehracii
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q&A
Sure. The degraded items are partial successes; it works in a similar way as the partial successes in fight, for example. The percentage shown on the interface is the complete success rate; you have also a percentage of partial success, linked to the difference between your level and the crafted item quality, using a static table similar to the one I was detailing this Q&A (3rd answer). And no, it hasn't been modified lately.
Wait, I'm confused, "percentage shown is... complete success rate." So does that mean the success rate of a perfect undegraded item or does that mean the success rate of not failing? If it's the latter, it's not particularly useful because the penalty of a fail (wasted focus) is practically non existent compared to the penalty of a degrade (wasted focus AND mats, particularly bad when excellent and supreme)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q&A
We have currently no plan to attribute direct rewards for defeating opponents in PvP - doing so just doesn't work usually, it is too exploitable. For example, what would prevent two friends playing opposed characters to chain kill each other, just to get the rewards?
How about just the negative then? You should lose fame with a faction when you kill someone in high standing from that group. Not exploitable. Maybe just make players think before attacking without regard to faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q&A
If we deactivated PvP upon TP, we would open the path to exploits, like being able to be fully regenerated without on-site help when you're almost dead in a FvF conflict (just TP somewhere else, get healed, and re-TP nearby); when used by large number of players, it can make a real difference.
Ok, so why don't you just allow anyone to heal anyone? Why must it be so restricted? Current PvP Zones allow you to attack your own teammates, no restrictions on that. And the heal-ban can't be prevention of traitors healing from the opposing side, because they could just as easily decide to attack their own team if they wanted to doublecross. The community of this game is incredibly friendly and helpful, and it severely aggravates people when they can't rez a friend, regardless of faction.
Edit: I see how TPing out of a PvP zone to be healed could theoretically be exploitable but the current situation is a poor prevention method. We can't even heal allied teams when trekking through PvP zones? Or a Karavan follower can't rez a gassed Kami-side digger?(but we can attack our own team?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q&A
The only safe zones for them would then be near the town guards, who would attack enemies on sight.
So we can expect players to be drawing the fire of town guards in the future?

Sehraci Antodera
[NEW Medium Armor Boutique]
Master of Illusion and Torment
"True power is not destruction, but control"

Karavaneer - Arispotle
Reapers of the Dark

Last edited by sehracii : July 27th, 2005 at 09:47 PM.
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #4
magick1

Quote:
Why can't we put some money in our appartment? [Submitted by ceolima (FR)]
Because it is useless. :-) Since money doesn't weight anything, there is no need to put some in your apartment. Allowing it would require a dev spending some time developing something you wouldn't use in most cases.
Actually it does have a purpose, you could put your saveing here. That way you won't accidentially blow 10 mill on hugely overprized mats, because you forgot to adjust filter after buying something else (armour, weapon, etc. And no, haven't happend to me yet).
Surely the code from guild hall can be reused.
But you are probably right, few would use it.

It is still an added feature which add positive karma to the game. Good karma, more happy players.
magick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #5
toelke
Member (30+ posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magick1
Actually it does have a purpose, you could put your saveing here. That way you won't accidentially blow 10 mill on hugely overprized mats, because you forgot to adjust filter after buying something else (armour, weapon, etc. And no, haven't happend to me yet).
Surely the code from guild hall can be reused.
But you are probably right, few would use it.

It is still an added feature which add positive karma to the game. Good karma, more happy players.

I aggree completely here! And to the storing mats at the traders: i think this is one of the badest ideas in the game. I know Nevrax wrote that this is "OK". But I think there should be only items which should be sold.

Toelke
toelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #6
toelke
Member (30+ posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrowe
So I'm guessing thats another 2 months eh before ATS testing.

I have a bad feeling about this, remembering the last mention of outposts and putting it on ATS 3 months ago.... I hope you (Nevrax) can be more specific here because we are waiting for a long time now....

Toelke.
toelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #7
iphdrunk

Can I have an outpost for xmas?, I've been a nice homin
Old July 27th, 2005, 11:03 PM   #8
pr0ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
- 1 small update about Nevrax' team mood, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh learnings from the community
- 2 small crafting system details, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon death penalty
- 1/4 cup fresh crash reports
- 2 teaspoons outposts
- 3/4 teaspoon PvP & fame
- 1/2 cup episode 2

I guess Xavier read too much threads and got "affected" by the vogue of ingredients posting :P

isnt that good news ? heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
To your last question: yes, medium and heavy armors have an impact on your success chances and on the item quality

Craft an item q200, with +100HP boost, using Heavy armor (penalty ~100). result is an item q150 with +100HP boost... interesting compensation worth the lost quality and success
pr0ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #9
Xavier Antoviaque
Inactive Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehracii
Wait, I'm confused, "percentage shown is... complete success rate." So does that mean the success rate of a perfect undegraded item or does that mean the success rate of not failing? If it's the latter, it's not particularly useful because the penalty of a fail (wasted focus) is practically non existent compared to the penalty of a degrade (wasted focus AND mats, particularly bad when excellent and supreme)

It's the first.

Quote:
How about just the negative then? You should lose fame with a faction when you kill someone in high standing from that group. Not exploitable. Maybe just make players think before attacking without regard to faction.

Hum, that's not really a reward then.

Quote:
Ok, so why don't you just allow anyone to heal anyone?

Beacause we don't allow PvP players to attack everyone. If a neutral player could heal everyone, he could provide support to PvP players and nobody could stop him.

--
Xavier.
Xavier Antoviaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #10
Xavier Antoviaque
Inactive Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ger
I guess Xavier read too much threads and got "affected" by the vogue of ingredients posting :P

Well, it could be, but actually I'm trying to cook a bit more lately, and I've read too much recipes. Btw, if you have some good ones you like, send them to me! Nothing too fancy, I'm only a rookie chief.

--
Xavier.
Xavier Antoviaque is offline   Reply With Quote