Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #1
lawrence
Inactive Members

Q&A Round XIV - Answers Published

Nevrax has just published the answers to our meanwhile 14th Q&A round. In case you have any feedback or questions regarding the answers, please feel free to let us know!

Link to the Q&A: http://www.ryzom.com/?page=news&id=1085
lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #2
aylwyne
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Q&A Round XIV - Answers Published

Quote:
Originally Posted by Community
Is there any efforts being made to move the meat of the storyline from the forums and website to within the game? Currently, most of the story and details behind events are communicated on the forums rather than through the game itself. [FAQ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevrax
Currently, no.

A first step will be to develop the amount of information we provide regarding the background and the on-going events. We are preparing a roleplay specific website (you can see it as a kind of newspaper), which will gather the information. You can see it as a kind of Atys newspaper.

Then, we have plans to introduce the information in-game, but they are a bit elaborate and would require some development resources. More on that when we actually start working on it, but don't expect this to happen too quickly.

This is very disappointing. I pay a monthly fee to play the game. I don't want to spend gametime surfing the web to figure out what's going on inside the game.
aylwyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #3
sprite

Quote:
But the lower levels are still forbidden, as the danger of falling under the influence of the Great Dragon increases as you go deeper into it, and the way has been blocked.
By "lower levels" does it mean the "Core" shown here, or just other areas in the Prime Roots that are not yet open to us? (but still in the "Prime Roots" on that diagram)

Also, am I correct in assuming that both these other sections of the Roots, and the Core will be open to us at some point in the far future?
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #4
thosholm

10. Conspire to put Xavier's e-mail on every spam-server known to mankind and assorted other sentient species in the known quantum universe...

Quote:
Can we have an explanation on how to integrate (or not) the FvF zones to the roleplay of our characters?
[Submitted by Billie21 (FR)]

As explained by the PvP Strike Team letter, the FvF zones will be extended to the whole world once it is patched live. The current limited zones are thus a temporary restriction compared to the future PvP system, and there is no roleplay explanation.

However, on a higher scale, you can see it as the premises of the war; local conflicts emerge, but haven't yet reached a global scale.

It is rather obvious that Trykers and Matis are supposed to be Karawan Faction and Fyros and Zoraď are supposedly Kami-Faction. However there is the third Faction, the Followers of Tryton. Will there be a game mechanic to declare for them?
thosholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #5
kibsword

If this faction pvp is going world wide will it be optional? Do I get the option of not flagging myself a pvp target and in turn not being able to pvp others for example?

I think I saw this said somewhere before but I cant remember where.
kibsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #6
grimjim

"As explained by the PvP Strike Team letter, the FvF zones will be extended to the whole world once it is patched live."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*Hunkers down for the invasion of the griefing 1337s*

To the bunkers!

On the sand issue, Atys could have 'minerals' of a sort. Minerals may not exist 'as minerals' but the elements would still be required for life so sedimentary rock could form over time or under pressure, particularly limestone, chalk and so on.
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #7
sidusar

The PvP Strike Team Letter also said they "would add a "PvP tag"; it would be up to you to trigger the flag on or not." So I'm not too worried about griefing 1337s.

The 100 dapper question however is: Does a worldwide FvF mean I won't be able to heal Kami followers anywhere anymore? I've already been in situations in KoD where the inability to heal Kami followers (even if they're in the same guild and the same team as I) has been really annoying. I shudder at the thought of this being worldwide.

Quote:
However, there is a tolerance for the higher levels of the prime roots, such as those currently accessible in-game.
Thanks for clearing that up. That solves one inconsistency in the lore at least. Never did make sense that the Karavan forbid homins to go into the prime roots, yet there are Karavan tribes and altars down there. (Still, I wouldn't mind a deeper prime root area that only Kami followers are allowed to enter.)

Quote:
So you're quite right, the effect is tiny here.
The extra damage done by berserk is a fixed number per hit, so though the effect is tiny with two handed weapons (which have high damage but low speed), I think it's quite considerable for daggers. Or for ranged weapons used with a +hitrate stanza (it works with ranged weapons even though you can only learn it from a melee skill).
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #8
rushin

Quote:
However, there is a tolerance for the higher levels of the prime roots, such as those currently accessible in-game.
*trembles with excitement at the thought of somewhere nastier than wastelands, gimme gimme gimme *
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #9
swe999

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim
On the sand issue, Atys could have 'minerals' of a sort. Minerals may not exist 'as minerals' but the elements would still be required for life so sedimentary rock could form over time or under pressure, particularly limestone, chalk and so on.

Minerals might not be required for life on atys. Atys doen't even need to have a periodic table of elements. It is fantasy :-o ...yeah im sure the karavan needs the minerals for their weapons though. Maybe you can explain it with superstrings.

Who is worried about griefing leets? I would be happy enough just to see someone else.

Berserk, if balanced properly, would take half the damage from you it currently does, and do double the damage additional. On that same topic, if dual daggers were balanced they would have slightly more damage, and increased damage/accurate attack would affect both weapons.

Where are those random events....
swe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #10
swe999

Its arguable whether silicon(most sand) is a mineral being directly below carbon?
swe999 is offline   Reply With Quote