Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 28th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #1
lawrence
Inactive Members

Patch on Thursday, Sep 29th 2005

Tomorrow morning, all Live Servers will be brought down for a new client patch. The details:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Antoviaque
As promised, tomorrow will be patch day! It will bring the elements currently listed in the Now In Test section, except the Episode 2, which is split in two patches (tomorrow and on October 6th), and will be started shortly afterwards, when the event team activates the triggers.

The focus of this patch is on the PvP rebalancing (see the [ C O M B A T ] section of the Now In Test section to get the details).

As a result, all live shards will be unavailable tomorrow from 9am to 5pm (Paris time, GMT+2).
lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #2
trenker
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Patch on Thursday, Sep 29th 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence
Tomorrow morning, all Live Servers will be brought down for a new client patch. The details:

Oh man, sounds like a whack load of changes to learn. Not sure I fancy the hassle, may just as well try a new game for all the effort. At least then I could discover something new instead of just working to figure out changes and the undocumented uh-ohs therein.

Still, may give it all a go if I'm feeling technical, or I may just keep waiting for something actually NEW.
trenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:06 PM   #3
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenker
Oh man, sounds like a whack load of changes to learn. Not sure I fancy the hassle, may just as well try a new game for all the effort. At least then I could discover something new instead of just working to figure out changes and the undocumented uh-ohs therein.

Still, may give it all a go if I'm feeling technical, or I may just keep waiting for something actually NEW.

Did you miss the episode 2 bit?
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:17 PM   #4
savvy
Member (30+ posts)

woohoo! I am really looking forward to this patch.

Quote:

Exits are to your to left and right. If your this negative on the forums I can only imagine that you are loads of fun in game.
savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:40 PM   #5
genod
Member (30+ posts)

Lots of little things here and there which shouldn't really get me excited, yet does. Can't wait 'till tomorrow; plenty of changes (and animations) to try out, and more to come next week ^_^
genod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:41 PM   #6
sidusar

Quote:
Oh man, sounds like a whack load of changes to learn.
And that's a bad thing? To you maybe, but I think of it as a good thing.

I'm really looking forward to discovering all the changes this patch will bring. Seeing the new landscapes, changing my stanzas around to find the new best combinations, learning how the new jewelry system works and so on. It actually has me excited about the combat system again, having been bored with combat skills for a while because the fights were always the same. Now strategies will have to be changed. I'm hoping jewelry crafting will be as complicated as armor, weapon or amp crafting is, so that it'll actually pay to find good combinations for them. I'm even almost hoping the heal nerf will be as bad as the pessimists say it is, it would be a challenge to work a way around it
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #7
sx4rlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidusar
I'm even almost hoping the heal nerf will be as bad as the pessimists say it is, it would be a challenge to work a way around it

WEEEE! I am not alone!

Silk - Trader of valuable things, in service of the King
Sxarface - Master of shipwrecking in Aedan Aqueous
sx4rlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:47 PM   #8
art3an

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidusar
And that's a bad thing? To you maybe, but I think of it as a good thing.

I'm really looking forward to discovering all the changes this patch will bring. Seeing the new landscapes, changing my stanzas around to find the new best combinations, learning how the new jewelry system works and so on. It actually has me excited about the combat system again, having been bored with combat skills for a while because the fights were always the same. Now strategies will have to be changed. I'm hoping jewelry crafting will be as complicated as armor, weapon or amp crafting is, so that it'll actually pay to find good combinations for them. I'm even almost hoping the heal nerf will be as bad as the pessimists say it is, it would be a challenge to work a way around it

Just to show you all how "leet" (or how it's spelled...) I really am: WORD!1!!

Edit. I'm really excited about episode 2; a chance for Hominkind to write history! Lets see how it all will plays out, but this could be really good.
art3an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #9
svayvti

Episode 2 is the type of content I've been waiting for in Ryzom for a long time. Can't wait.

Don't dumb it down later on to a PvP gank fest though
svayvti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:35 AM   #10
mrshad

This has the feeling of a make or break point for Atys.

Perhaps I am being to dramatic.
I guess we will see.
mrshad is offline   Reply With Quote