Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 5th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #1
lawrence
Inactive Members

New Q&A Round

Nevrax has published a new Q&A Round. This time, we're focusing on the outposts. The full article is available under the following address: http://www.ryzom.com/?page=news&id=1251
lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #2
alexrowe
Member (30+ posts)

Re: New Q&A Round

[QUOTE Will it be possible to craft equipment for the squads or is that fixed? [Submitted by xenofur (DE)]
No, it won't be possible to craft the gear of the squads - at least at first./QUOTE]

Thats to bad specially to those peeps that been crafting since Day 1 of the game.
alexrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #3
marct
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Hmmmm, 28 outposts initially! Better figure out who your friends and who your enemies are pretty quick.

I think we have more than 28 guilds.

Noin.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #4
sehracii

28 - Just ruled out a ton of small guild from ever having an outpost until more are added.....

That is such a shame

Sehraci Antodera
[NEW Medium Armor Boutique]
Master of Illusion and Torment
"True power is not destruction, but control"

Karavaneer - Arispotle
Reapers of the Dark
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #5
marct

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehracii
28 - Just ruled out a ton of small guild from ever having an outpost until more are added.....

That is such a shame
But if you allie yourself, you can have the same benefits from the outpost, or a portion of those benefits shared with the owner.

In fact a larger guild may be better served alligning with another large guild to hold an Outpost in a higher level area that has more benefit, and sharing in the rewards of said outpost. This could in fact be more valuable than holding a lower outpost, and do more to ensure the continued holding of the outpost. Sincve attacking will cost dapper, it may be much better to do this.

I think 28 is a great start, obviously there is work to do to setup a "ruined" outpost for the taking. I imagine they can do them relatively fast, and that there is a storyline reason to open more up.

Would you rather wait 3 more months for 56 outposts, or have them release 28 outposts in a month and then another 28 outpost 2 months later? Plus if they need to make a change to them because something is amiss, do you want to wait for 28 to be changed, or 56?

I would choose 28 and then 28 more even if I did not hold one for the first 2 months.

Allies will be very very important moving forward, choose wisely.

Noin.
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #6
ajsuk

Arrow Re: New Q&A Round

Well yeah, except the whole 28 thing.. Nice to receive a little more info on the things. Keep it coming.

Jeweler @ Q250 [70%+AB] | Expert Range Heavy Weaponsmith
Auto-launcher @ Q230
[ Matis | Karavaneer | High Officer | Reaper of the Dark | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #7
sehracii

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct
But if you allie yourself, you can have the same benefits from the outpost, or a portion of those benefits shared with the owner.

I hope this is true. So far, we've had absolutely no word or even the slightest hint as to what "benefits" outposts will provide to the occupying guild.

I fear these benefits will not be sharable with allies. Which would be fine, if two allies could have their own and just help defend each others, but useless if they want to share a single post.

My hopes on outposts had been that there would be enough for everyone. Then the PvP oriented guilds, could fight over the more valuable ones, while the peaceful and/or small guilds could be content to take a less valuable and obscure one and not have to to engage in player combat relentlessly to hold it.

Those hopes are being dashed....

Also, if all the game code is in for one outposts, I don't see what the difference would be between 28 and 128. The Q&A answer didn't sound like it was a limiting number either.
Quote:
28. We'll then increase this number when necessary.
They know there are many more than 28 guilds. I get the feeling the devs want us to claw and tear at each other like wild dogs thrown a scrap of food.

I am disheartened.

Sehraci Antodera
[NEW Medium Armor Boutique]
Master of Illusion and Torment
"True power is not destruction, but control"

Karavaneer - Arispotle
Reapers of the Dark
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #8
forever

Quote:
They know there are many more than 28 guilds. I get the feeling the devs want us to claw and tear at each other like wild dogs thrown a scrap of food.
I think your right, but a little competition is not a bad thing. I think this could be fun.
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #9
marct

Quote:
Also, if all the game code is in for one outposts, I don't see what the difference would be between 28 and 128. The Q&A answer didn't sound like it was a limiting number either.
They at minimum need to configure the Outpost PvP area around each individual outpost. I can't imagine it will just be a 70m from center of outpost type thing.

I have been wrong before though (once or twice only)
Old October 5th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #10
thlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct
Would you rather wait 3 more months for 56 outposts, or have them release 28 outposts in a month and then another 28 outpost 2 months later?

Actually for a small guild like mine, it is the same, so for small guilds outposts maybe starts in february - if they release more outposts until then.

So I can as well ignore this new game feature, and can concentrate on the new episode 2 content instead.