Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 1st, 2005, 07:34 PM   #1
lawrence
Inactive Members

Outposts - Bugs & Suggestions Thread

Since we've just opened the test server (ATS) to all active subscribers, please feel free to participate in our on-going tests, by creating an ATS client and testing the upcoming outposts feature, if you like. For further information, please refer to the following announcement and guidelines: http://www.ryzom.com/?page=news&id=1661.

This thread is dedicated to outpost-related bug reports, feedback and suggestions. If you would like to discuss the outposts with other fellow players, please use our separate forum thread over in the general discussion forum instead.

Our ATS team leads (for the english community, Senior Guides Yvrelle and Arimuun) will be gathering and reading the reports from each community. To make it easier for them to process your reports, please try to keep them clean and be sure to provide any important information.

Last edited by soulsnatcher : December 2nd, 2005 at 08:06 PM.
lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 07:20 PM   #2
ghyselsj
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Outposts - Bugs & Suggestions Thread

I don't think it's normal for a lvl 151 character to have 1 dodge... Just something I noticed... not a problem on ATS since you can switch to parry (which is always at least 151) but I can't imagine this being pleasant when it hits live...
ghyselsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 09:50 PM   #3
clemond1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghyselsj
I don't think it's normal for a lvl 151 character to have 1 dodge... Just something I noticed... not a problem on ATS since you can switch to parry (which is always at least 151) but I can't imagine this being pleasant when it hits live...

If you're just training up a new ATS toon then relog and you should be ok. Either that or get one elemental level. I can't remember what I did to fix mine way back when.

{EDIT}
Relog to fix that. (I found the post I made on the ATS forum reporting the same problem but since not everyone can see those forums I just took the link off this post. Sorry )

Last edited by clemond1 : December 2nd, 2005 at 11:58 PM.
clemond1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 06:02 AM   #4
danadita

A bug with the swimming that wasn't there before the outposts: you don't stay where you stop - you are flipped around until you face due East and you are stuck there until you start moving again.

Once stopped you can not turn from side to side - only swim back and forth. When you start swimming again, then you can turn - only to be flipped again to that same eastward facing setting when you stop.

Edit: seeing other people in the water I don't see them swimming/treading water - they are standing.

Last edited by danadita : December 4th, 2005 at 05:05 AM.
danadita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:51 PM   #5
dc77066

Suggestion:

The Outposts need to be a little more interactive. In their current state there is nothing for any non-officer to do with them. There is this building that you can run around but you can't go inside. (edit: I can view and drop things into the guild hall from the outpost, thats a plus)

The drill needs to make some serious noise too. Its a heavy piece of equipment cutting its way deep into the core. The moans you hear around the cliffs would be a nice touch. (edit: okay it makes some noise - just couldn't hear it over the ambient effects).

-Raku
dc77066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005, 12:22 AM   #6
aylwyne

For the duration of the test, it would be nice to remove the HO and GL restrictions on accessing the outpost options. Either that or remove the quota within a guild on high officers so everyone can be promoted.
aylwyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #7
danadita

The Outpost guild hall inventory window pops too far - best would be if it pops up just as you cross into the out post area.
Old December 4th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #8
danadita

The bots are over powered in that the mages have 100 meter range and could cast spell after spell with no hesitation and without amps. Warrior bots hit too hard, too fast and the gunners had an endless supply of ammo and must be using atomic powered machine guns they fired so quickly.

Fear spells had no effect on any of the bots.

5 lvl 150 attackers were barely able to win one round in a lvl 150 area (Fount).

5 lvl 150 attackers had a challenging time winning an outpost in a lvl 100 area (Winds of Muse) - we were able to get the threshold up to lvl 4.

5 lvl 150 attackers had their hinnies ripped off and thrown back at them in a lvl 200 area (Enchanted Isle) - ie: wiped in seconds.
Old December 4th, 2005, 07:40 PM   #9
vguerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by danadita
The bots are over powered in that the mages have 100 meter range and could cast spell after spell with no hesitation and without amps. Warrior bots hit too hard, too fast and the gunners had an endless supply of ammo and must be using atomic powered machine guns they fired so quickly.

Fear spells had no effect on any of the bots.

5 lvl 150 attackers were barely able to win one round in a lvl 150 area (Fount).

5 lvl 150 attackers had a challenging time winning an outpost in a lvl 100 area (Winds of Muse) - we were able to get the threshold up to lvl 4.

5 lvl 150 attackers had their hinnies ripped off and thrown back at them in a lvl 200 area (Enchanted Isle) - ie: wiped in seconds.
Kind of makes sense to me... 5 folks does not make a conquering army and attackers typically need a much larger army then defenders. It would be pretty said for a guild to lose an Outpost to 5 folks.
The Ultimate Harvesting Guide
Melinoe - Atys Harvesters : http://melinoe.net/
Melinoe were the humble managers of the outpost - Ginti Workshop (Before SoR Died)
WWJD - What Would Jena Do ?
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #10
thlau

I have problem with my Macros.

I can't use a macro that I tied to a keypress.
They work fine if I move them as an action to a shortcut bar though.