Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #1
soulsnatcher
Inactive Members

Patch: Corrective Patch Tomorrow

We will apply a corrective patch to the live servers tomorrow Thursday. They will thus be unavailable from 11am to 3pm GMT+1 (Paris time).

In a nutshell:
- The Outpost forage tool will be craftable;
- War declaration costs will increase;
- You will not be able to cancel a war declaration anymore;
- A guild won't be able to abandon its Outpost anymore. Unless if it owns 10 Outposts (the maximum a guild can own), in which case it can abandon 1;
- When you leave an Outpost area during a war session, an Outpost PvP timer starts and lasts for 10 minutes, which is the time you have to wait before not being involved in PvP anymore.
Each time you will heal an ally or attack an enemy of the Outpost within this time, the timer will restart to 10 minutes.
- Respawn points will be safe zones even in PvP;
- Mektoubs won't be exchangeable anymore for the time being;
- Some altars will be back to their right place;
- Tickets at Oflovak Oasis will be fixed.
soulsnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #2
riveit
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Patch: Corrective Patch Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsnatcher
- A guild won't be able to abandon its Outpost anymore.

What is the reasoning behind this change? I don't understand how abandoning Outposts was a problem.
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #3
marct

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveit
What is the reasoning behind this change? I don't understand how abandoning Outposts was a problem.
I was wondering that too, seems to increase the number of battles and increase the dapper sink effects.

Also will not let you just take from rogues, and allows any enemy to fight against someone taking it. In the scenario where you wished to say trade OP's with someone, they still must battle for it. You could of course not show up, but there enemies could show up to the battle because they do not want them to have it.

Noin.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #4
rushin

Unhappy Re: Patch: Corrective Patch Tomorrow

this hasnt addressed the 'problem' of an allied/alt guild constantly declaring on an op and not fighting, thus keeping said op the property of the guild forever.
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #5
riveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushin
this hasnt addressed the 'problem' of an allied/alt guild constantly declaring on an op and not fighting, thus keeping said op the property of the guild forever.

It says that now that declarations cannot be revoked. Therefore real attacking guilds will get an opportunity to lodge a real declaration at the end (or beginning?) of the scheduled battle. This situation could lead to a crowd of homins at the banner trying to click first. While not ideal, at least it would appear that now real attackers have a chance. Or is my reasoning flawed?
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #6
kaetemi

Location: Lembeek, Belgium E-mail: [email protected] Ring Alpha Tester

Quote:
Someone more powerful than you attacks you (at a time you can't play), delete your outpost and attack it again yourself, and you're out of problems again for a while.
kaetemi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #7
rushin

Quote:
It says that now that declarations cannot be revoked. Therefore real attacking guilds will get an opportunity to lodge a real declaration at the end (or beginning?) of the scheduled battle. This situation could lead to a crowd of homins at the banner trying to click first. While not ideal, at least it would appear that now real attackers have a chance. Or is my reasoning flawed?
heh yup i guess that would work -) can't understand why they didnt just make so a guild that had just attacked and lost couldnt attack again instantly. but i'm probably missing something obvious, sitting in an office for 9 hours kinda fries my brain
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #8
calel

Quote:

I' m guessing because it wouldn' t make sense for a guild to fight the Marauders, enemies of the governments, take control of the Outpost and then deliberatly hand it back to them. So yes, not really gameplay related problem here.

Or what Kaetemi mentioned maybe.

Hawker of odds and ends, crafter of bonafide armours.
Leader of the Red Ribbon Army.
"Blood for the blade, dappers for the tribe!"
calel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #9
kibsword

Quote:
heh yup i guess that would work -) can't understand why they didnt just make so a guild that had just attacked and lost couldnt attack again instantly. but i'm probably missing something obvious, sitting in an office for 9 hours kinda fries my brain

Well your missing the fact that you could have more than one guild in on the trick there. One could do it the first time, another the second time and the first one again the 3rd time. So the unable to attack period could be easily got around I think.

I like the sounds of this patch, and I get the feeling it should help improve things a lot
kibsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #10
oldmess

Quote:

It addresses it in 2 (somewhat imperfect) ways:

1. The cost increase. Since you can't cancel, you gotta pay this cost. Hopefully the increase will be enough that it'll bankrupt anyone that tries this too much.

2. Since it can't be cancelled, people other than the declaring guild can show up during the scheduled attack time and actually cause the holding guild to lose their OP. So, a false declaration actually has some risk to it.
oldmess is offline   Reply With Quote