Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #1
shadowweb
Former SGM

Production: Interface Improvements

We are currently working on the game interface to make it handier. We want to clarify the features which are specific to Ryzom and need more explanation, and make the interface easier to grasp for new players.

Nothing will change regarding the graphics.

See here for more details.

*Update* A new version of this document has been released here

Last edited by shadowweb : February 23rd, 2006 at 06:19 PM.
shadowweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 06:54 PM   #2
katriell
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Production: Interface Improvements

Quote:
- When we write in a Chat channel, the colour of the keyboarded text becomes the same as the colour of the channel (for example: the Region channel is blue; when we begin to write in region mode, the keyboarded text will be blue);
That should help mistells. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushin
When you have developers that listen to their customers and make adjustments to the game its important to be responsible about what we ask for. Lots of things i and many others used to enjoy have been destroyed by ppl complaining they are too hard and the dev's making them easier. its not nice.
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #3
philu

I hope the intention isn't to make the icon mode for the windows bar purely vertical as shown? I like mine horizontal, will that be an option?

Also I like having the history of information in the System Window, does this change mean we wont have that history any more? Personally don't see that as improvement but I'm sure I'll learn to live with it like I have all the other changes.

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
philu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #4
oldmess

Quote:
- This button displays a menu with 10 common emotes (wave, bow, courtly, hiha, thankful, cheer, silly, dance, dramatic, heroic), and a sub-menu with all the others.

Can it be a smart 10 most common list? i.e. change what's in the list for me based on what emotes I actually use? Or is it just going to be a hard-coded list?
oldmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #5
marct

I am not sure changing my default channel to the last I used is a good thing. I usually chat primarily in a channel and just wish to throw something into another channel randomly.

So if I type:
/s Hiya everyone
/y Noin is alive!!!
yup, been a few days

The last bit would get shouted. hmmm, maybe think about this one a bit more. I would probably learn to adapt.

The other problem I see with this is using a chat macro will change the default channel you are talking in???

tooltip showing keypress for window. Will it show a re-mapped key, or just the default?

Can we have the whisper command back?

Don't change my keys, only new players keys!

Noin.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #6
kurita

1. The Windows bar
Quote:
Originally Posted by philu
I hope the intention isn't to make the icon mode for the windows bar purely vertical as shown? I like mine horizontal, will that be an option?
dito, i too like my windowsbar horizontal, maybe making an option vertical/horizontal Windowbar?

3. Texts of the System Info window
Quote:
Also I like having the history of information in the System Window, does this change mean we wont have that history any more? Personally don't see that as improvement but I'm sure I'll learn to live with it like I have all the other changes.
same here, i´m much to often concentrated whats happening on my screen to read the msgs above my head, so i reread them in the Sys Info

4. Tooltips
nothing to say about more info in the tooltips, but don´t replace the ? help as there is much more Info in the helpfiles then possibly can be put in tooltips(lest you want to clutter up the screen with suddenly apearing text, hey Tooltips are also called Quicktips, keep it that way)

5. Default Interface
  • Hotkeys:
if i recall it right, the changes of one-key hotkeys free W,A,S,D, am i right?(not shure atm)
could u bind them as secondary movement keys? that would make the live of some much easier

just my two dappers worth, now of to play a bit

Lyrthïs
[_~*Arispotle*~_]
This is not the end !
.............Blue is Beautiful.............

ï = ALT+0239 (as in Zoraï, wombaï, Hoï-Cho, Jinbaï...)
² = ALT+0178 (as in R²)
Night Stalker
kurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #7
forever

Quote:
I also like to go back and read my System Info. I'm not to happy there will be more text on screen I cant turn off, I liked that it was in the System box.
Old February 10th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #8
totnkopf

Aye, leave my Sys Info screen alone! Its so much more helpful as it is right now, as opposed to a list of "you killed a great kincher" 300 times.
please please please... if its not broken, DON'T FIX IT!!
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #9
kuroari

Not so sure im happy with all these changes... :/

horizontal bar sounds nice - and playing around with my shortcuts is gonna throw me OFF

but that Nevrax IS looking into this - i can't complain - at least they're working on something..

will we be able to choose either default/new interfaces? (like the racial anims?)

does 'user' have to be default *nervous* doesnt like that idea.. i never use it!

why remove the position of the emotes? instead make them scrollable like mentioned in the 'little annoyances' section - i dont like the idea of having to move all the way to the bottom of my screen to pull up an emote i cant remember (what.. i have a huge resolution! )

thats prob all i have to complain about

thanks for working on it tho!

The Exodus Syndicate

"One Guild...One Goal...Domination"
Apply Home Roster
Old February 11th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #10
sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjo
- The button enabling to switch modes now automatically changes when we write using a command (like “/say”);
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let us leave this one as it is *cries*

Noin said what I wanted to say...
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote