Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 14th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #1
shadowweb
Former SGM

Q&A: Answers To Questions From The Board - 2006-02-14

Today is the release of the 14th Q&A! It gathers together various questions, from the logic behind the choice of neutral TPs, to the limited number of landmarks, through the economy of Atys, Spires and teleportation, R˛ and the number of droppable items, coming back to character selection without delogging, facial animations, Atys Rangers... to end with some information about what the devs are currently doing.

This Q&A is a bit different from the previous ones since I included several answers that were given directly on the boards. From the time when the first Q&A popped up about 1 year ago until now, we have provided more and more answers on the forum and want to focus on this way of interacting with you, as answering on the board provide more responsiveness to your concerns. Of course, we will never be able to answer all the questions, but we will do our best!

As a result, the Q&A special thread won't be needed anymore, as the whole forum could be used to ask questions. I will keep releasing Q&A and updating the Forum Watch, though. While the latter allows you to read anything we post, the Q&A will sort and archive important answers, which will be translated in the three communities' languages.

Read the news here
shadowweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #2
wyeth
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Q&A: Answers To Questions From The Board - 2006-02-14

Quote:
As a result, the production for Ryzom is not stopped, but temporarily slowed down.

Was slowed down cause of spring cleaning...since it s done only the op have beenn released but not in the totallity.
Now production slowed down again ...
I know you are a small production team but we expect content more often as we have atm (last one was nearly 2 month ago now).

*start to be bored to hear the same things since one year*
wyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #3
sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjo
It is to be noted that neutral characters have a slight advantage as concerns the Spires, for 9 regions will remain accessible to them whatever the Spire built there. But let's not wander off the point...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spires Document
It is impossible to respawn in a region owned by an opposing faction. It is possible to respawn in a neutral region, a region controlled by one’s faction, or in one’s own capital.
A couple of questions on Spires & Neutrals...
Which 9 regions will remain accessible to Neutrals and why? (I could only think of the 4 capital regions.. The only other way I could see it was if there were no spires in PR or Nexus, and the whole of Lands of Umbra were counted as 1 "region"; even then the Neutrals don't have PR access)

Does the "or in one's own capital" refer only to the capital city of your racial allegiance, or your character race (regardless of allegiance) or does it mean any capital city? If it's only one of the capitals, then I can see situations where someone could be incapable of respawning at all (eg the whole of the Witherings was Kami controlled, anyone who was Karavan-aligned would be incapable of spawning anywhere unless they were Zorai by race). Depending on your answer to the first part of my question, this could also affect neutral players

Sorry if the question isn't really clear but there are so many different possibilities I'm not sure how to phrase it best
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #4
petej

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite
A couple of questions on Spires & Neutrals...
Which 9 regions will remain accessible to Neutrals and why? (I could only think of the 4 capital regions.. The only other way I could see it was if there were no spires in PR or Nexus, and the whole of Lands of Umbra were counted as 1 "region"; even then the Neutrals don't have PR access)

Grove of Umbra
Knot of Dementia

Knoll of Dissent
Hidden Source
Heretics Hovel

Bounty Beachs

Dunes of Exile
Savage Dunes

Nexus

-Spires will only stop one TP working and Neutrals have access to both
Zoraď : Master Desert/Forest/Jungle/Lakeland/PR Forager , Master Light Melee Weapon Smith , Jeweler Master , 201+ in All 39 Craft Branchs , All Craft Trainer and Outpost plans -gone walkabout (solo) awaiting new content
"There are no OMG's of mass destruction"
petej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #5
kaetemi

Location: Lembeek, Belgium E-mail: [email protected] Ring Alpha Tester

Quote:
Coding would be needed in order to enable them in game.
best answer ever

Quote:
Kitins are hardly predictable and threats can take various forms.
kitins are just scared of us already
kaetemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #6
sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by petej
-Spires will only stop one TP working and Neutrals have access to both
*smacks himself on the forehead*

but uh... what about capital cities?
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:27 PM   #7
calel

IIRC the regions of capital cities are supossed to be neutral regions by default, as in there won' t be any spires over there. Think about it; all nice and dandy if one faction could control spires in a capital region, as an 'occupation' really; but it would leave the indiginous people without respawn point there, no GH access, no apartment access, no official government npc' s ...... I doubt anyone would consider that to be 'fun'.

Edit: nvm, let' s just hope that worst case scenario won' t happen. So yeah, what exactly is one' s own capital? I' m guessing it means racial and not by Citizenship or factionalised non-citizens are going to have a major pain.

Hawker of odds and ends, crafter of bonafide armours.
Leader of the Red Ribbon Army.
"Blood for the blade, dappers for the tribe!"
calel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #8
bendunk
Registered Player

RE Q.11...

It was very nice to see an answer to my question, but "bendrunk"?

Has nevrax put some webcam/spying software in ryzom somewhere?
And there was me thinking it was my own secret that I sometimes play after a few drinks...
bendunk is offline   Reply With Quote