Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #1
soulsnatcher
Inactive Members

Production: PvP Tag Revamp

After reading some of your concerns, we've decided to revamp the faction PvP Tag, to make it more convenient and easier to understand. So, we're modifying some of the timers and the icons system (but the pictures stay the same), as well as the tooltips. These changes should appear in the next patch; feel free to give your opinion!
soulsnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #2
oldmess
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Production: PvP Tag Revamp

Quote:
• Timer of the faction PvP activation (Tag ON). Currently: 5 minutes.
New version: 2 minutes.
• Engaged faction PvP (Flag ON): it remains 10 minutes after a PvP action; it doesn’t change.
• Timer of the faction PvP deactivation (Tag OFF). Currently: 1 hour.
New version: 30 seconds.
• Timer of the minimum mandatory activated PvP (Tag ON): Currently none.
New version: 30 minutes.

Let me see if I understand: I can turn it on quicker (2 min). I can turn it off quicker (30 sec), but if I just turned it on, I have to stay in it for at least 30 min before turning it off. And if I've just been in a fight, I have to stay in it for 10 min before trying to turn it off.

I assume if I turn it on and then 5 min later, get into a fight, I have to wait 25 min before turning it off and not 10 due to the minimum mandatory. i.e. whichever is longer wins.

OK, I can live it that. When will this be patched in?
oldmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #3
forever

I'm not in favor of the new PvP times. Any timer under 5 minutes to turn on PvP is to sort. This will allow someone to stay untagged and unkillable in a battle, then they can tag them self in time to heal everyone that was killed.

I also think a 30 sec timer to turn the flag off is to short. This will allow someone to chicken out of a fight when being chased. There is nothing more frustrating being taunted by someone that is flagged and then have them run away turn off their flag and be safe.

I think the timers could be changed but not by this much.
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #4
vguerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever
I'm not in favor of the new PvP times. Any timer under 5 minutes to turn on PvP is to sort. This will allow someone to stay untagged and unkillable in a battle, then they can tag them self in time to heal everyone that was killed.

I also think a 30 sec timer to turn the flag off is to short. This will allow someone to chicken out of a fight when being chased. There is nothing more frustrating being taunted by someone that is flagged and then have them run away turn off their flag and be safe.

I think the timers could be changed but not by this much.
Though the current system needs some changes SOON, I tend to agree with Neva in that we have already seen folks will use anything they can to get around things. The 5 minutes to turn on (when 10 makes more sense for exactly what Neva mentioned) is easily exploitable. Good idea, but needs a slight relook...
The Ultimate Harvesting Guide
Melinoe - Atys Harvesters : http://melinoe.net/
Melinoe were the humble managers of the outpost - Ginti Workshop (Before SoR Died)
WWJD - What Would Jena Do ?
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #5
oldmess

Quote:

Just so we're on the same page, they can only chicken out if they haven't been hit at all. If you tag them with a nuke, they would be considered "engaged", right? And then the 10 minute timer would kick in. Unless I'm misreading.

And if I cast a nuke, but it's resisted, would that count as them being "engaged"? Not sure.
oldmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #6
marct

Quote:
I think this is an interesting point. What about making an outward appearance of someone whom is working towards being flagged.

It really is not fair, 2 minutes or 5 minutes that someone knows right when their tag will turn on and the others do not. Maybe I should be able to see a tag that says they are on their way to becoming tagged, and if I target them I get to see their timer. If someone untagged comes into a large battle, you may be unaware that they are attmepting to get involved.

A heading out of PvP indicator would be nice also.

I still like the 5 minutes staying the way it is too.

EDIT: You should not be able to become PvP enabled in a time shorter than it takes for an unconscious player to respawn. The timer to become active should be longer than the time to respawn, the maximum time to respawn that is.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #7
ffxjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsnatcher
After reading some of your concerns, we've decided to revamp the faction PvP Tag, to make it more convenient and easier to understand. So, we're modifying some of the timers and the icons system (but the pictures stay the same), as well as the tooltips. These changes should appear in the next patch; feel free to give your opinion!

Firstly. THANKS!!!!! Its about time the PvP timers got a revamp. IMO any revamp is better than no revamp.

About the timers:

Making the activation shorter Shoukdnt really make a huge amout of difference. means people can join in PvP battles quicker.. the people who think that sum1 will remin untagged and then be able to tag then heall. it would happen, because, in two mins the oppsing faction would have been able to fully heal up. that one homin wont really stand much of a chnce to res a WHOLE team.. (however good s/he may be )

I think Neverax had it spot on with the 10 mins once engaged.

The deactivation timer.. Thats a tricky one. IMO i think it is alot better. If a homin had left a tag on after PvP'ing then went to dig.. i know ive done it.. it means the homin can then have a chnace to quickly deactivate it IF s/he feels threatened. but i can see why a homin may try and play "chicken" but if a homin was to do so, it would just envoke the opposing homins to hunt her/him down.. But i agree, As long as, once youve engaged (been hit, healed a fellow faction etc) it takes the min of 10 mins (and the 10 min timer refreshes after every PvP action) then this revamp gets a BIG BIG thumbs up from me!

Good work Neverax... See when a GM says he will pass it up to the Devs, the GM really does mean it

Much love and peace (when PvP tag is off. ofc )

Tyilin

xxx
|||||||||||\\||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hosted the Team PvP event and UFC ATYS

The First Homin to win the Shield of Presteige

Created theRyzom mooning and the Naughty Spriteh Videos

ffxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #8
ajsuk

Arrow Re: Production: PvP Tag Revamp

Often going to be more than one person switching the flag on though, probably all prevoisly disscussed and sinked too to make it a large counteroffensive...

Jeweler @ Q250 [70%+AB] | Expert Range Heavy Weaponsmith
Auto-launcher @ Q230
[ Matis | Karavaneer | High Officer | Reaper of the Dark | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 04:34 AM   #9
tylarth

This will prompt more appropriate pvp i think, 2 mins to turn on is rapid enough to react to opposition, but you are then stuck in pvp for atleast 30 mins, so it'll not be much of a case of 'chickening out' as you'd have to avoid enemies for 30 mins, it like the current engaged pvp you cannot tp. Tho the tp zones act as hidey holes (that being looked at too?). if you are in a position to turn off pvp and want to, 30 secs is cool, i had to sit out 1/2 of of a op battle once due to the pvp off timer.
tylarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #10
marct

Hold the presses. What about spires? This all does not seem to fit with the spirit of Spires. Don't make this change just to change it again in 2 months please.

To benefit(buff) or suffer(de-buff) from Spires you need to be PvP tagged. These changes to PvP will make it possible to get the benefit from spires in 2 minutes, and to remove yourself from the de-buff in 30 seconds.

That just does not seem right to me. You can risk nothing to get the benefit only when you want it within 2 minutes time, and you can even more easily remove yourself from suffering due to Spires.

Does Spire PvP include you in the buff/debuff? What about Outpost PvP? What about dueling? In the Arena do these buffs take affect? What about in the GvG regions of PR and Nexus? Will PR and Nexus have spires? BTW, PR and Nexus better have spires. It seems the ripe place to fight over.

Thanks to my thinking bud on the discussion that brought this up.

Noin.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote