Go Back   The Saga of Ryzom > English speaking community > Feedback
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #1
soulsnatcher
Inactive Members

Patch: Tomorrow is Patch Day!

Tomorrow Thursday 30, we will apply a patch on the live shards. As a result, they will be closed from 9 am to 2 pm UK time.
Moreover, as we will start with a software maintenance, the profile section on the website won't be accessible from 9 am to 10 am, meaning you won't be able to manage your account nor create a new one during this time.

In a nutshell:

* The Dew Drops Kami altar is slightly modified; you shouldn't be stuck anymore when you teleport there.
* The Outpost materials giving the critical effect bonus is modified for range weapons, so that the critical rate matches the new rate applied recently to melee weapons (see patch 123).
* More information is added in two system messages related to PvP timers. In addition to inform you that you can't perform an action, they will indicate the remaining time before being able to do it again.
* New text characters can now be added in the landmarks system, such as @ _ <space>.
* You may now invite players to your guild from a distance. The player you wish to invite must be online, then you have to type:
/guildinvite [name_of_character_online]

Last edited by soulsnatcher : March 29th, 2006 at 09:51 PM.
soulsnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #2
dazman76
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Re: Patch: Tomorrow is Patch Day!

Yay for spaces in Landmarks I remember that bugging me no end, even though it's actually a small problem

Psssst Souls... I think you need some BB brackets [ ] around those code tags instead of HTML chevrons
dazman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 06:58 PM   #3
alibasil

hallelujah

I am sooo happy we have /guildinvite playername

will the same idea work for /teaminvite playername ?

Sleeping

Last edited by alibasil : March 29th, 2006 at 11:59 PM.
alibasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #4
jamela

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsnatcher
* New text characters can now be added in the landmarks system, such as @ _ <space>.
Sizzling succotash! That's a welcome little fix.
Regarding remote invitations; while it's no doubt a useful addition, I think anything that detracts from the personal touch is a terrible shame.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #5
wyeth

Quote:
Tomorrow Thursday 30, we will apply a patch on the live shards. As a result, they will be closed from 9 am to 2 pm UK time.
Moreover, as we will start with a software maintenance, the profile section on the website won't be accessible from 9 am to 10 am, meaning you won't be able to manage your account nor create a new one during this time.

In a nutshell:

* The Dew Drops Kami altar is slightly modified; you shouldn't be stuck anymore when you teleport there.
* The Outpost materials giving the critical effect bonus is modified for range weapons, so that the critical rate matches the new rate applied recently to melee weapons (see patch 123).
* More information is added in two system messages related to PvP timers. In addition to inform you that you can't perform an action, they will indicate the remaining time before being able to do it again.
* You may now invite players to your guild from a distance. The player you wish to invite must be online, then you have to type:
<code>/guildinvite name_of_character_online</code>

Wonderfull patch incoming xD
i am used with flags like they are and i wont retype all my landmarks to put space ...this fix come a bit late imo ...too late it make no sense to add it now in fact :P
wyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #6
thlau

Quote:

That is bad, really bad.
Now I have to edit all my landmarks, and that will take hours.....

No, just kidding, this is great
Old March 29th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #7
katriell

Nice patch. ^_^
Quote:
It would be even nicer if this applied to auras, powers, etc...it'd be nice to know when I can use Melee Protection Aura again, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushin
When you have developers that listen to their customers and make adjustments to the game its important to be responsible about what we ask for. Lots of things i and many others used to enjoy have been destroyed by ppl complaining they are too hard and the dev's making them easier. its not nice.
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #8
kurita

Quote:

nice patch all in all, but...could u patch after 2pm tomorrow, as i have to work late and could play a bit befor work then =D /jk

Quote:

thats great, i can remake all my Flags with spaces now , as i just lost all my Flags after a Clientcrash a few days ago, i have only a few though lol

but could we get some special characters for the Names of our Toons too?

don´t need @ or _ , but even a simple <space> or even - and ` would be nice...really, really nice!!! ^J^

Lyrthïs
[_~*Arispotle*~_]
This is not the end !
.............Blue is Beautiful.............

ï = ALT+0239 (as in Zoraï, wombaï, Hoï-Cho, Jinbaï...)
² = ALT+0178 (as in R²)
Night Stalker

Last edited by kurita : March 29th, 2006 at 09:49 PM. Reason: http://www.ryzom.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
kurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #9
soulsnatcher
Inactive Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurita
nice patch all in all, but...could u patch after 2pm tomorrow, as i have to work late and could play a bit befor work then =D /jk

Hey, if I don't get a "lie-in" in the morning, no one gets a "lie-in"
soulsnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #10
forever

I like the fixes and it's nice that they are going into the game but what else is going in with the fixes listed? I don't see anything worth taking the servers down to patch; if it is just the things listed they could have been added to the next patch.
Have the Devs just switched to more patches with less fixes? I guess that is better than a patch every few months with lots of fixes.