Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Introduce Your Character!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Introduce Your Character! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=11573)

amisja September 23rd, 2006 10:13 PM

Re: Introduce Your Character!

The only child of DoBern and Diana, master Matis artisans, Jayneylou's childhood was very happy and comfortable. However her family were not wealthy, despite their work being in high demand, her parents neither harvested nor hunted their own materials so they paid a high price for the finest quality they needed for their work. Jayneylou had all she needed though, food and warmth and the love of her parents. As loving parents do, Jayneylou's mother and father tried to pass down to her all the secrets of their crafts, hoping that in time she too would become a master crafts person. Despite this and their constant patience, they couldn't help but sigh as she fumbled with a needle or ruined yet another precious material. Jayneylou did not have the makings of an artisan. Her eyes constantly drifted to the rough and tumble boys playing in the yard...thats were she wanted to be, playing at battles.
Her parents knew that whatever their hopes they could not beat this wild child into their own mold, so they let her have her way...she would often play for hours, learning how to wield a sword and run with daggers, she'd come home hungry and dirty...but would sleep happily.
In those times, the conflicts which were such a part of many homins lives were no respector of position and even though Jayneylou's parents were gentle homins they to fell to an enemies' sword..
Their death was devastating to Jayneylou, little older than a child she was left to fend for herself. She had a few skills she learned as a child and with this, her willing manner and the memory of her parent's love she set out on her own.
An orphan and a refugee she started to make her way in the world. At first she found the going tough...fiercely independant Jayneylou wanted to find her own path...but in time she took the offer to join a guild for two weeks...and there she remained, growing to love and be proud of the New Empire Guild.
She joined them on the battle field, but something strange happened to her, despite believing she had the heart of a warrior, Jayneylou found that she had an overwhelming desire to run to the aid of a fallen commrade. This was legacy of the caring home she had been brought up in. In time she became a healer and remains so to this day.
Jayneylou has never forgotten her first fumbling attempts at crafting and now fully grown she understand why her parent's so wanted her to carry on their work....it didn't save them but it may save her.
Jayneylou is proud of her guild and the Matis homin race, but don't be mistaken, as befitting her wild redhair she has a wicked temper and many have felt the sharp side of her tongue! However her heart remains steadfast.
Jayneylou also has a love....higher born than she, many disapprove of their union, he elegant, strong a spiritual leader in his guild...she...well an upstart wild child. But they are happy....

sayfer October 3rd, 2006 01:20 PM

My name is Sayfer Argast, a Matis warrior. I know nothing of the Matis though, but rather value the Fyros way. Let me tell you of how I have to come to be... how I have lived as a Homin. Perhaps you'll even find it interesting.

First off, I lived in a secluded forest village. I don't recall my parents ever telling me what they did for a living. Anyways, my village was small, with only one other child my age, we initialized our friendship immidiately, and became the best of pals. My playmates name was Selenia Tanner.

Well, she and I hoped and wished every day that adventure would find its way to us. But the most interesting thing that happened to us, within our seven years of living, was being attacked by angry Yubos, angry, namely because we threw stones at them. *Ahem Forgive me, I will get back to the story.

Then we were attacked by maruders. I was wondering in the forest with Selenia when it happened. Seeing the blazing fires, we ran back to see what was going on. Instantly, we were captured by the bandits. Our fate was grim from there onward.

For years, we were slaves. I think... I think it was about 8 years. The thing that held my sanity together, was Selenia. If we had not been together, I would of died from exhaustion, but her words were always aspiring enough to keep my hope alive. The hope of freedom that is.

We witnessed countless raids, many innocent people slain by the merciless bastards. Still, we kept hope of escape. When, at last, our chance had come, we grasped it. We were located in some desert. In all honesty, I had no idea where we were because, unfortunately, I was never educated in any way and was usually neglected by my parents.

Well, we saw our chance to escape. Their trust with us had built up, enough for them not to lock us up any more. We escaped the camp but... they somehow knew. We wandered aimlessly in the desert but not for an hour when three of those brigands on mektoubs found us and captured us again.

But, I don't know if this was good luck or bad, but there was a raid on the camp. Mercanaries were attacking. The cowards who held us attempted to escape, we started to flee but were cut off by some of the mercanaries. Selenia cried for their help. She... she was killed then. Without any delay the one who held her, took her life.

I cried out in rage, as tears flowed down my face. I was thrown off the mektoub as the three charged into battle. I crawled over to my dear friends corpse and wept.

When the bandits were dead, I was approached by a male Fyros. He looked down at me and threw down a sword, a flask of water and told me one word. 'Survive'.

They left me there. Soon after, I scurried through the remains of the camp for food. To my surprise, there were many provisions left, I even found some dapper, though not much.

I had no idea what I do from there on, so I chose to follow that Fyros and his mercanary band. He allowed me to join the band when I had finally caught up with him.

For four years, I rode along side him. I followed him closely, and he taught my everything about the sword, and everything about the Fyros. I adapted to there ways, and now consider them my bretheryn.

Eventually though, it was my time to leave, so I said goodbye to my newfound family and left on a journey of self discovery, never forgeting of my village, nor of my dear Selenia. My journey has brought me to this island as a refugee.

Well, I'm sorry to have kept you. Thank you for listening my story.

(Sorry if I got any lore wrong! I just started playing, but the server went down so I thought I might describe my character a bit. :D)

tavenni October 3rd, 2006 01:56 PM

Trevenni -

I come to you, masked as is my people's way. I come to you, with hands open and gaze lowered, to receive the wisdom and counsel of those who are older and wiser in the ways of Atys.

Hear me, then, I ask.

My family lineage is unimportant - as are most things when it comes to lineage. Whilst it is true "to look back aids in looking forward", my blue skin, my mask, and my connection to the Sap, to Kami, to Atys, should speak for itself. Gaze upon the bit of bark with the Zorai glyph "Wanderer" which hangs about my neck if you wish, gifted me during a time when memories flit like half-remembered dreams in my mind. See the design upon my mask - and take in its meaning if you wish to know of it.

I have stopped gazing behind me, and now my eyes behind my mask are gazing firmly forward.

Hear me, then, I ask.

I take my new naming in this place; Trevenni. It came to me after an hour of meditation, and thus it shall be for now. I am Zorai, if race is important to you. I am a mystic and student - master of nothing, I shall be a student always. I craft a little, I gather a little, I think often. Loyal to kami, I am, though not blindly. Consideration is one our races' traits, and if we do things harshly or when the blood is hot, then I can only say we have forgotten ourselves.

Hear me, then, I ask.

In truth, I cannot be overly troubled by the squabbles of the homins, Fyros, Metis, Tryker, Homin, Kami, Karavan - in the end, debates are futile. Silence, and the performing of deeds with a whole heart is all that is required in these times. Does the Goo stop to argue over history and old wounds? Does the kitin bicker amongst themselves over who shall take the best kill or advance first? Would the Dragon - Baleful be its name! - ope' one eye when hearing the million million voices' murmurings and assignation of millenias' blame and merely listen to the debate as if it were the sweetest music, or would it burst forth in eternal flame? Do we have the luxury of arguing in the face of such adversaries?

I think, I train, I fight if I must if situation warrants. That is sufficient. I am no hero, no great knight in search of glory. I live, I breathe...and wish to continue doing so.

Hear me, then, I ask.

Not all the world is conflict and war. Not all the world is about survival or death. Do you remember the colour of your first love's eyes? Have you climbed upon the canopee, just to see the beauty of the bark beneath, and the sky above? There is more to Atys than who is "right". So I have been taught, and so I shall believe until I am taught otherwise...though it would take much to sway this.

Hear me, then, I ask.

What have you to teach me, homin? Regardless of your race or calling? What lesson do you have for one who comes with both hands open? Cruel or kind, with a laugh or a tear, all is one to me.

Hear me, then, I ask.

Teach me.

therius October 5th, 2006 04:06 PM

My name is Zeeby of the Isle of Refuge, and I am Tryker by both fate and choice. My past is my own, and so it is in the present that I greet you all as we step into the future. I can be found most in either Fairhaven, our capitol in Aeden Aquaeous, or in Loria, harvesting the things I can to aid my people and those who come to our home seeking refuge and assisstance. I am quiet, but do not think it is because I do not wish to know you, or to understand you. I was told by a wise Tryker once that to learn is to listen. To speak is to drown out the voice of knowledge. My eyes and my actions are my voice. Plus, I am shy.

I have just recently returned from a long journey to places overlooked, where I made my home, awaiting a time to return to my peoples lands. While I was on this journey I studied the planet, making notes in the ground and submitting them to memory. It was when i recieved word that my wife, Ravonne, was returning from her own journey that I realized that it was time to return.

I arrived in Aeden Aquaeous not even seven cycles of the sun and moon ago, and it is different, so very different. This difference, to me, is not neccessarily bad, for what is change? Is it good? Is it evil? I think that it simply is. I arrived armed with only my knowledge, but I found my weapons and armor of old still tucked neatly away. My apartment in Fairhaven still awaited me, and some benevolent soul had kept it clean and free of dust while I was away. One day i will find that person and they shall have my thanks and more.

Ravonne was still as full of life and energy as the day I had met her on the Isle. She seemed ready to go on another adventure as soon as we were able. She never ceases to amaze me, and I am happy for her that it seems as if she, too, found whatever it was that she sought in her journey. That brief first reunion we had, just this past evening, was enough to show me that time has power over many things, but there are some things time, and change, cannot touch. Our companionship is one of these things.

Now, it is time to set my eyes upon tommorow, while standing in today. The past is gone, and it cannot be returned no matter how hard I will it. There are many questions burning in the hearts and minds of all Atysians, and there are answers out there, hidden in Atys and the stars. I intend to help all homins find them, for better or for worse. There are some who warn me against the path I am looking towards. People who say that: "Some things are better left unknown." I will not subscribe to this. Fear is not an ally to be trusted. If scared and alone I must be to find these answers, then scared and alone I shall be. But I know that i will not be alone. We are never alone.

thel0rax October 9th, 2006 12:13 AM

hi im spacehippy i was bourn in yrkians i am a matis warrior i watched my parent die when the war againts zorai and i was saved by karavan from getting blasted by zorai mage i oh my live to them as they gave me shelter food training until t when the war stoped the only building standing were towers now evry one lives in tent only guilds have warmth but theres alot poeple in guilds it othen get full and the karavan sleep on floor with one eye open protecting matis
now im matis warrior waiting for the next war

flume641 October 25th, 2006 10:20 AM

My first memories, well, may not be my first, but that was all i got, sitting against a tree on the island, felling the wind blow in my hair, and on the side of my mask. on my side it was a bag, with a dagger and some food, i lifted the bag on my shoulders, and walked into my new life...

amisja November 17th, 2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thel0rax
hi im spacehippy i was bourn in yrkians i am a matis warrior i watched my parent die when the war againts zorai and i was saved by karavan from getting blasted by zorai mage i oh my live to them as they gave me shelter food training until t when the war stoped the only building standing were towers now evry one lives in tent only guilds have warmth but theres alot poeple in guilds it othen get full and the karavan sleep on floor with one eye open protecting matis
now im matis warrior waiting for the next war

Just wanted to say...isn't he amazing????
Jayney

0balgus0 November 17th, 2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amisja
Just wanted to say...isn't he amazing????
Jayney

*mirthful laugh*
Glad you're both having a great time. ;)

amisja November 19th, 2006 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0balgus0
*mirthful laugh*
Glad you're both having a great time. ;)

He's my son!
Jayney

caidran December 13th, 2006 11:18 PM

I am Caidran, Fyros Warrior..
I.. I do not know where i am now, or where i was before.
All i know, is that i must fight. It is in my blood...
I will do what i feel is necessary to find my past, my present.. my future.

Caid,
Fyros Knight.