Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Introduce Your Character!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Introduce Your Character! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=11573)

rhaenaan December 29th, 2006 08:37 PM

Re: Introduce Your Character!

Quote:

Originally Posted by caidran
I am Caidran, Fyros Warrior..
I.. I do not know where i am now, or where i was before.
All i know, is that i must fight. It is in my blood...
I will do what i feel is necessary to find my past, my present.. my future.

Caid,
Fyros Knight.

Welcome to the noble peoples of Fyros. That aggression that you feel is normal and has much to do with sand lodging in the most inconvenient places in your armor. Stinga rum and some of those frou frou Matis powders help a lot. :)

Good hunting and I hope to see you on the Mainland. There is much to be done for the Glory of the Fyros.

splinki December 31st, 2006 10:54 PM

My name is Tiksi and I am from the Isle of Refuge. I am born of Tryker blood and have wonderful crafting and harvesting skills. I do not know my family as I have not found them since arriving at the Isle of Refuge. Sadly I do not remember a time before arriving here. I may even have been born here, I do not know.

I am mainly alone on this Isle of Refuge, awaiting the day that I may go to the Mainland to explore the realities of what I may have left behind and in the hopes of belonging somewhere someday, perhaps finding the family that left me behind.

Tiksi

teniente January 3rd, 2007 05:41 PM

There she sat, staring into the flames at the gate of the great city of Pyr. The fire reminded her of the great unfortune that happened to her and her parents. Both her parents were quite good yubo farmers. They didn't care about the laughs and giggles they got from other fyros, even when they called them 'feeble Matis yubo herders'. Her father always said that whether you were herding yubo, gingo or the great dragon himself, it was not your profession that made you a great and strong fyros but the way you acted when faced with great peril and danger.

And so one day my father made clear to all that he was a great and strong fyros indeed. Two fyros children had wondered outside the gates of Pyr and found themselves on gingo-hill. My father who was returning home barely noticed what prey the distant gingo where lurking upon but when he heard the childrens screams he did not hesitate. Slaying half a dozen gingo's he managed to keep the children from becoming gingo lunch. Little harm was done to them but father had been clawed and bitten several times.

Although the family name now comes with some sort of fame, father paid the price. Yubo herding became difficult due to the ill-healing wounds and soon he was stuck to his bed with fevers and infections. He would not live to see summer again. Mother was devastated and *continues with a very soft voice* had to be housed with her sister for she would not even try to pick up normal life again.

Hephista was 20 when all of this happened. She tried to take over the yubo farm but business did not go very well. For two years she tried and survived until the day... something happened. She still doesn't know how it started, all she remembers is flames consuming the farmhouse and her trying to save the locked in yubo's, some unfortunate yubo's even caught on fire! She will never forget the sound of their squeeking nor the sight of flames engulfing her former home.

Now she sits at the great gate of Pyr, homeless with only one worn down set of light armour and a long sharpened stick. All she caries in her backpack (made of yubo skin) are a few dappers to buy food and drinks and a piece of amber with the family history. Her mind wonders on what she will do next. Her name is Hephista. Truth, Honor, Discipline and Justice are her values. She was born 2510 and she is ready to conquer Atys!

sng2212 January 7th, 2007 11:26 PM

I'm Shikan, i have amnesia and i cant remember anything... i only remember one thing... i love Yubos....

drachle January 18th, 2007 05:05 AM

DRACHLEI : A nomad’s story
=====================

My father was a fool. Not the village idiot, mind you, but a fool nonetheless on many aspects, but let me not go ahead of myself.

I am Drachlei, a zorai by nature, a nomad by choice… maybe a fool of my own but I can not turn my back on my calling. I was also a loyal student of my father whom Atys claimed not so long ago, Atys be blessed. Yes… I feel Atys did my father a favour. This happened on a bright summer day in the outskirts of Zora. His deliverance came under the claws of the Torbaks near the Tutors camp. He was lieing down on the grass, breathing in Atys secrets when two torbaks towered over his head and pounced. With very little time to resist, one torbak aimed straight for his leg, preventing him from getting up, while the other grabbed his throat. The precision and might with which they struck in a fraction of a second were as only one of the best predators in Atys could… and that was that.

I may seem cold about relating these events but that is my nature. My love for fellow homins, be they kin or friend, is superceded only by my love for Atys. So if Atys had felt his time had come then so be it. My day will come also and I do not need pity nor do I need to be prepared. My love for Atys has probably even grown as a matter of fact from what I know to be truth and seek confirmation through Atys’s secrets.

Anyways, I will share this in due time, Atys willing, when I think homins are ready for the biggest of all secrets I have come upon in my quest. But to understand it, you must know how to listen. To listen is to commune with Atys. I talk of Atys as a main entity. We all know, and our legends do not condemn such thought, that Atys is a living planet, a complete ecosystem, with its plantlife, creatures, from the grazing bodoc to the Mighty Kipee, as well as its morphology broken down into four main parts. From the depth of the Prime Roots, where the fiercest kitins dwell, to the canopy far above our heads with its numerous mysteries, all is one. Life is abundant; life is everywhere. Life is everything and everything is alive.

It came to me once, or maybe Atys revealed herself a little to me, while I was meditating under a lengthy root protracting from the bark and over my head. Its many capillaries brushed against the surface, swaying to the wind. The Enchanted Isle can be very peaceful when the Kitins are not roaming around in search of fresh mektoub meat or the Shalahs are not bellowing their guttural cries and thumping the ground with their clumsy walk.

Peering at the Kami Teleport, I thought about all the questions our forefathers had asked for so many generations. I thought about the Kami and the Karavan who both take care of Atys in their own peculiar way and of the homins living in her. I thought about the numerous mysteries that still haunt us about Ma-Duc and Jena, their existence, their purpose, their legends, OUR legends and that of our four great leaders: The great sage Mabreka Cheng-Ho, son of the great Zoraļ warrior Leng Cheng-Ho, the bold warrior and fyros Emperor Dexton, the wise matis King Yrkanis, son of King Yasson, the tryker Ailan Mac’kean, The Lady of Loria. I thought about all these forces and the delicate imbalance that rose like the tides on the shores of Aeden Aqueus, favoring one faction over another from time to time but never really solving anything definitely.

As I sat there, lost in my thoughts, I felt the urge to lie down on the bark, my chest across its oily skin, my ear to the ground. It was humid but warm. It felt like, for one moment, Atys was appeased. No sound in the air but the occasional gentle whisp of the tendrils above me. In the distance and fading away, was the pitter patter of a few nettled mektoubs, a birdlike chirp from a creature hidden in the branches of a palm tree nearby… then silence.
When my ears stopped listening, my heart began to. I cherished this pleasing moment. For just a few minutes, I absorbed my surroundings. My ear still to the ground, my head turned to its side, I let my eyes slowly follow the horizon. I looked at the palm trees lightly swaying; the tall flower stems bursting with vibrant rosey colors very close to my eyes.

Then, as my father had taught me, I closed my eyes to listen again without distraction, looking for the slightest message Atys would condescend to give me. I heard a minute sound. At first, I thought the kipees were coming towards me but then I realized it was really coming from under me, under the bark, maybe as far down as the Prime Roots. I heard a very soft crunching noise from beneath the bark. It was rising closer until I could sense it ready to burst up into the air. Pieces of bark started spurting up from the ground beside me until at last a blue, feathery bug flew out. Its wings made no noise as it flew around first, in one direction, then in another, then in another. Then as suddenly as it had appeared it sprang back into the ground leaving no trace of its passing. As the dust settled down it left a strange odor of oil and sap. Then silence for the third time, total silence.

Not a bird sang, not a mektoub grunted, not even a kipee dared trouble the serenity of the moment. And that’s when I heard it for the very first time.
Well, it wasn’t really the first time; I had heard this sound so many times before, but had never understood it. It remains a mystery to all homins. Neither the Kami nor the Karavan have confessed they know why Atys groans like that. Yes, Atys groaned. I can not say it any better. She groaned because she was happy and sad for that one moment shared with me. She groaned like I would have done at that moment while sharing the energy around me with Atys. She had revealed her secret to me. I am not special. I am just a common Zorai, but she let me REALLY hear her for the first time. Atys is not dieing. Atys is happy for the homins and offers her riches. I can not explain it all to you at this moment, I don’t even know if I could explain it to myself right now. But I have the firm conviction that Atys is simply calling out to us homins of all races. She needs us all to unite with her for a greater purpose. She does not need what the Kami and Karavan are doing to her, using us as their instruments of terror. In fact, the Kamis and Karavans ARE the virus that slowly destroys Atys and not the homins nor the goo.

But before I start sounding like my father, an illuminate of sorts, I must keep quiet. Revealing her answers to our numerous questions requires many moons to pass. It is my meditation period now; then I must find my rest for tomorrow will be a great communion with Atys… for me at least.

For now, I can only remind you the things all Atysian races share which are also the secrets of Atys. Mysteries like how did homins ever appear on Atys soils. Who ensured the homins shelter on Atys: the Kamis or the Karavan? Why do the Kami and the Karavan, who are so powerful, never attack each other directly in a decisive battle? What is the goo and why are Kamis afraid of it? I think Atys has answered these questions time and time again but we have never listened. Such has been my privilege and such could be yours.

I told you of my tale just so you know at least why I am a wonderer, a nomad and unaffiliated to any faction, nor will I ever. I seek to find the answers Atys will bring to me when and how she feels it right. If I understand her language correctly, then I think it is my duty to reveal what I can, as Atys wills.

If you should cross my path you will no doubt see me sneaking around ( I hate to meddle with Atys' cycles), gently foraging all lands, crafting attire for an Atysian friend, questing for answers far and wide, but mostly meditating in a shady area, far from the bustle of Atys life and closer to her heart.

If you ask me who I am. I am a common Atysian first and foremost. I have been ridiculed by some of my own and several races but my skin is thick and my quest is noble. I will continue to gather all the knowledge Atys will let me have.

While I respect everyone of you and wish we could unite in helping Atys mold the worst ennemies of all... But I am ready to wait for better times and circumstances that favor such.

On this I bid you farewell, and may Atys favour our crossing again.

tigrus January 18th, 2007 11:12 AM

I am Sun Ce. Highlight of Arispotle, Larger then life, a Living Legend,
King of the Universe, The Ryzom God. Grand Champion of Arispotle and the
Sexiest Beast on Arispotle.

xzizoux January 18th, 2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrus
I am Sun Ce. Highlight of Arispotle, Larger then life, a Living Legend,
King of the Universe, The Ryzom God. Grand Champion of Arispotle and the
Sexiest Beast on Arispotle.

hahahahhaha Sunce do u take Drugs or so???:D :D :D

tigrus January 18th, 2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xzizoux
hahahahhaha Sunce do u take Drugs or so???:D :D :D

Lexius, dont troll this thread with your herecy comments!

thlau January 18th, 2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrus
Lexius, dont troll this thread with your herecy comments!

/tar SunCe
/megalomaniac

neuze January 23rd, 2007 11:40 PM

hi all,
My name is matora.
Some of the cho world in starters island will reconise my name. And i hope i a good way :)

I'm a bit shy, and not very confident in my skills. Not yet, maybe never.
But i want to be part of the homies who makes a difference to the world i love.

That i introduce myself today has all to do with my first steps on mainland.
Yes indeed, what for the most of you is the the most normal place to be, for me it gave me the shakes in my knees.

My dream, to be an healer, and some day, maybe a good one, made me hope to encounter many homies with who i could join to explore the world and to upgrade my healingskills.

I was a bit disapointed, that i was alone in fairhaven
i felt(feel) lost. The homies i talked to were friendly enough to guide me trough the town, to give information and quests. But their task was to stay where they are, sell and buy things, to give information to other adventures like me.
But no one around to expore the beatifull world i was in now.

But i keep myself strong, i will find other regions, full of fellow homies to learn to know, to fight with.

I hope to meet you soon and learn from you so i shall get stronger and mean something to this world and their people.........