Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Introduce Your Character!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Introduce Your Character! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=11573)

demmagog January 29th, 2007 03:33 PM

Re: Introduce Your Character!

Ashjonakk here, reporting to the forums.
While I have been playing for 7 or such months now, I have never really had time to spend here on the forums. I have been too busy ingame really.
I joined SoR with this character although under a different name, which I later had changed. Some of you might have met me there as Malaco. Same guy, same char, just changed my characters name to Ashjonakk.

I joined the guild The New Empire not long after I reached the mainland,
and since then I have tried to help out where I can.
My current status in TNE is High Officer, thus I often work with our new players.
I hope to see you all ingame someday.

You can often see me at treks and events, as I love to hang around such things to meet new players, even if they're old to the game.

doubleta March 31st, 2007 11:28 PM

the great dt need i say more :D

oeilsud May 11th, 2009 12:39 PM

hi There
Im Decibel

Im a fyros and a kami, and i like to do a bit of everything: healing, melee, magic, mining, crafting, discovering the world, blablabla-rp etc.. I am lazy so all my skills are fairly low :p

I was one of the very first characters (if not the first) to enter Aristopole when server went up in 2004 and I have played from time to time since then, 1 month per year or every 2 years more or less =)

It feels good to know the game is still running. Such a unique and amazing world. Even tho I didn't play much, I ve had my share of great fun each time I resubbed.
Also I take advantage of this post to wish good luck to the new team. I hope you guys can make it with the money.

Ok time to finish the blabla, I hope everyone will have fun with this official rebirth and who knows, maybe I see you in Atys one of these days.

Peace&Love&Longlive

Decibel

jadebarrow June 9th, 2009 08:19 AM

Hello there, everyone!

I'm just starting Ryzom (patching at the moment) and I'm looking forward to exploring a new world and a new game. I'm an experienced girl player, I've been through many mmorpgs.

My main interest is roleplay, which server / guild would you recommend for me?

I hope to meet fellow roleplayers soon :)

Thanks for any feedback.

acridiel June 10th, 2009 02:20 PM

Welcome to Atys :)
Though this is the wrong thread for this, let me help you.

Server depends on your language preference ;)
Arispotle = international (mostly english)
Lenon = German
Aniro = French

As for Guilds, there are many. And many do roleplay and many would surely love to add you to their member list.
Take a look here for a list of active guilds on Arispotle.
But be advised to take your time and donŽt just hop onto the first train that comes rushing in. Consider the style of play and the people of the guild.
After all youŽll be stuck for some time with them and vice versa :D ;)
For example getting into a PvP oriented guild that doesnŽt care for RP as a hardcore RPer can be pretty awkward.

Good luck and enjoy your stay :)

CU
Acridiel

elementalemm September 30th, 2009 08:57 PM

Greetings Homins. I've just subscribed to this wonderful game after a fun trial period.

I've played lots of MMO's before including LOTRO and a bit of EVE plus lots of the Asian free to play ones. However none of them has felt quite complete for me. I was attracted to Ryzom because of the openess of play style and the skill based advancement as well as a fully fledged crafting system.

I'm also quite keen to get into some RP with this one as I love the lore behind Atys and it's such an interesting world.

In the trial I tried out one of each race to see which I liked best and I think I'm settling on a Fyros warrior type, although I do love the Zorai, hell they're purple so whats not to love :-)

Anyway I've just left Silan and would love to find some interesting people to play/chat/RP/explore/whatever with around Pyr and am hoping to find a nice RP-ish guild once I get my bearings.

Hope to see you ingame and IC.

Cat

jwenting October 7th, 2009 10:01 AM

These forums seem rather dead, but here goes nothing :)

Iala will leave for the mainland sometime this week most likely, travelling to Fairhaven with a Tryker friend to hopefully make a living as a digger and crafter.

murmadog October 7th, 2009 10:44 AM

haven't enough novice flamers at forums... :D

bluegrazz October 9th, 2009 03:32 AM

Hello all- Just heard of this game on a Forum I regularly read and it sounds quite impressive... I miss the old sandboxy HARDCORE MMO's of yesteryear and really miss the days of highly populated MUD's.

I am looking forward to playing with a mature community and not being "forced" to do fetch quests from zone to zone until I can finally raid :P

I am most likely going to play a crafter/explorer type toon- His name will be Eppenguar (I am sure nobody has THAT name lol) on the US (English speaking server)- My download is at 38% (for some reason the .exe I torrented didnt work- Just kept freezing my computer) so I have a bit to go- BUT with some luck I will see you guys tonite.

Also, are there any restrictions on the trial (no use of mail, cant talk to people, whatever) because 21 days is a hell of a free trial (I'm not complaining) and I am so bored with WOW and EQ2 and LOTRO that if i enjoy what I see- I will probably have finally found a new home.

ajsuk October 9th, 2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegrazz
Also, are there any restrictions on the trial (no use of mail, cant talk to people, whatever) because 21 days is a hell of a free trial (I'm not complaining) and I am so bored with WOW and EQ2 and LOTRO that if i enjoy what I see- I will probably have finally found a new home.

Welcome!

No restrictions, you can even leave the newbie area and head to the mainland. Hope our population doesn't scare you off too much. :p