Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Introduce Your Character!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Introduce Your Character! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=11573)

thlau March 17th, 2005 03:52 PM

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi,

my name is Thorsten, I am 38 years old and I live and work in Germany as a systems administrator.

I got interested in SoR since I read an article which states that there will be a linux client far the game in the future. So waiting for the client which runs on a my operating system of choice - namely linux - I decided a the beginning of this year to give SoR a chance and runs it using cedega, a formidable windows emulator for linux.

I still play on Linux and look forward for a native client in the future.

Since this is my first MMORPG I now understand, that people get addicted by such games. And now I'm one of them addicted myself.

I play 'pen-and-paper' RPG since 1983, so knowing several rules systems, I really enjoy the rules, mechanism and concepts that are the base of this great game.

So I like to see more!

mapubahh March 18th, 2005 06:48 AM

Hi everyone. Name Anton aka Mapubahha. Iam newcomer from Russia =) Joined yesterday and......WOW its so beaitiful!!!! Last 3 mouth i've played in World of Warcraft and u know what....ITS BORING =) Have nothing to do. Only fight-fight-fight...nothing more. Iam tired from this =) Here i can leave as i want, do what i want and be killed when i want =) Heh, Iam here for a long-long-long time now =) Magic is awsome =))) I like this game =) Good Luck all of u player =)

douph March 19th, 2005 06:02 PM

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

Karl from Chicago.
I'm mostly playing Ryzom to occupy myself when I'm not at work and weather prevents me from working on my cars. (There isn't even anyone playing CS:CZ at 4am!)
I like the crafting in Ryzom, and my creative side (well, the bottom half actually) digs the RP potential. I like my characters to be self-sufficient when possible.

My first character was Kalehar the Firey Fyros Forager (I wanted to name her Kale'uhar but someone just HAD to disallow all non-alpanumerics. Bummer.) She fell afoul of the gaps between existing documentation and what actually is in the game. After about a month it was just too difficult to gain levels. So we bade farewell to our guildmates, made a sudden deposit at the Guild hall, and vanished from the streets of Pyr.

Enter the prim and violent Matis-woman Chtomelji. Naturally I couldn't help but fabricate a back-story outlining whom this was and her relationship to Kale'uhar. In about two weeks I surpassed my first character in experience with all disciplines (yay us!). Currently I'm still hanging around Yrkanis, because its SO easy for a forager/crafter to level there. It's about time to move on and break ground in the other lands.

And in case anyone was curious, I use a custom string to generate names with the RinkWorks Name Generator:
http://rinkworks.com/namegen/

talazen April 1st, 2005 01:45 AM

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

Ello everyon... What can i say... My name is Shinara, Believer of nothing...

I came from the realm of Everquest... I have now moved on to this game... what a joy... I will be part of the merger onto the euro group and look forward to it... You will most of the time find me harvesting... Feel free to drop a line... i can use the company...

Fear not i am a little bit crazy and adventurious... You will all see that as i tend to try an do the impossiable :)... For now... that is all

basicart April 1st, 2005 01:26 PM

oi oi Im Basic from North Linc's England. Been playing on NA since Open Beta 1 and i'm looking forward to seeing peeps from me own island hehe

dan77 April 8th, 2005 06:06 AM

Hi,

I just want to let everyone know how glad I am that Ryzom is around. In my opinion the game is absolutely original as it offers what none of the other online game offers... Been playing other MMOs, and sure on some of them the technical details (graphics, sounds, etc.) are better, but in my opinion Ryzom beats them all because of its unique feel, atmosphere, storyline, character development, and gameplay.

You'll find me in game as Wisdan!

rabcaz April 8th, 2005 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan77
Hi,

I just want to let everyone know how glad I am that Ryzom is around. In my opinion the game is absolutely original as it offers what none of the other online game offers... Been playing other MMOs, and sure on some of them the technical details (graphics, sounds, etc.) are better, but in my opinion Ryzom beats them all because of its unique feel, atmosphere, storyline, character development, and gameplay.

You'll find me in game as Wisdan!

Then I shall keep an eye out for you =).
I too share your thought about this game, it lest the character develop in its own way. Not forced to move in one direction. Wonderful indeed.

golden7 April 10th, 2005 11:01 PM

Re: Introduce Your Character!

I am Goldin. Having come out of the primordial wilderness and entered into these new gathering places of my people, I have quickly found this long lost community to be abundantly friendly and peopled with those of strength, good taste, and great honour. It is my wish to serve these new comrades as a drawer of powerful beasts, so that my fortitude in arms may save my companions and free them to use their esoteric arts from a place of greater safety. With such fortitude I shall continue my quest to gain knowledge which then shall be applied towards defending my people from the dreadful incursions that are assured to be on the horizon.

I am Brahm. New to these lands, I can already feel the mana flowing through powerful veins and gathering here, in these marked places of culminated destiny. I am an integral part of the web of life that spreads tendrils into the darkness and is overseen by Kami caretakers. I am new and presently frail, yet seek to strengthen greatly and add my strengths to those of my people. My arts shall add to our defences. My ability to seek out the greatest pockets of culminated mana and carefully extract the housing components shall serve as well. Too, I fancy myself able to seek out the best magic of comradery available, and shall add my own mana, that something greater may crystallize. For I know, to be sure, that they exist in this place who also know of the secret places of spirit where comradery can be whipped into a unique brand of power.

And now shall I rejoin my commune with the Atys darkness, which teems with vibrant, untold possibilities.

They call me Hirb. I am, I suppose, kind of what you might call a black sheep of the Zorai people. I mean, call me crazy, and most people do, but all that meditating and worshipping and groveling and whatnot is really only so much fun for so long before a homin might start to, oh, I don't know, perhaps start to get just a teensy weensy bit BORED OUT OF HIS FREAKIN' MIND. <ahem> Anyways, I'm sure that's not what the Kamis would -really- want, so I kind of up and went my own way, man, making sure to keep it real and not let -anyone- tell me what to do, notime. That's right, I said "NOTIME"! I don't -care- if it's not in your freakin dictionary man, cause you'll never catch ME aganizing ovor good grandmar like some sort of slavish society slave...of some sort. Open your mind, man! Come camp out with me amongst the rattling brain bushes--who, incidentally, are -greatly- misunderstood, and in truth bring us love and peace from all our worrying about, well, anything really--at least anything that's not directly related to being spaced out and letting them slowly siphon off some of our less important brain juices... *scratches mask* Where was I? Hmm... Lost it. Oh well. I'm sure that if it was -really- important it would be stencilled in floating colourful cloud-letters hovering directly in front of my face. Did I forget to mention my aptitude for gathering herbs? Hmm... You're not...after...my stash, are you? *looks suspiciously* I warn you man, I could pop something in my mouth that would cause me to smash through all obstacles in a demented whirlwind showing of psycho scariness, feeling no pain at all...until the dreadful hangover the next morning, that is. I'd really rather not. The army's been trying to recruit me ever since the last incident when a very, very sprightly looking yubo cornered me and forced me to down a psycho snack, and when I awoke...well, it was amongst the splintered and smashed huts of the nearby Zora Kovan village...and there was a slumbering masaab next to me... *laughs nervously* But I mean, we all have a story like that, don't we? Anyways! Er...what were we talking about again?

supernov April 11th, 2005 05:08 AM

I don't know much about my early childhood other than I was around 2 when I was rescued from a horde of kitins near Pyr by an adolescent girl named Supernova who was Matis like me. What I was doing there I still don't know to this day, but Supernova watched over me and took care of me until she got the opportunity to bring me to Yrkanis... She left me there when I was 5, in the care of an old crafter specializing in staffs and magic gloves...

I never met her again, but I never had any hard feelings towards her leaving me, she was but a girl herself when she found me, and I don't envy her having to watch over a child while being one herself.

The lack of a family had marked me though, and even though I am utterly grateful towards the people who took me in, I decided to do my best to take care of parentless children, so when I felt I had something to give on to others, I decided, along with my wife Kibs, to adopt one... One became four, and I am proud to say that Raynez, Loop, Diamanda and Chi are my children. Loop and Diamanda have taken up a life as travelers and I rarely hear from them, but I know in my heart that they are well and enjoying what they do. Raynez and Chi keep in contact with me, and they make me proud every single day.

On my travels, my fights against the kitin and other foul creatures of Atys, I have however found other people who are much like me, people I am happy to call 'family', even though it might not be of flesh and blood. Jojiinrel, my beloved brother and most trusted friend; Axilis, my sister, beautiful and kind; Talven, my niece, always happy and bubbly... You all warm my heart every single day!

rabcaz May 27th, 2005 01:45 PM

As to introduce myself you can read it here dear Homins : http://ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14230