Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Introduce Your Character!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Introduce Your Character! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=11573)

seawe October 3rd, 2005 11:32 AM

Re: Introduce Your Character!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aras420
Hi, I'm Trillion. I'de give 1 million dappers and my entire collection of sheilds for a burger and a beer right now... oh, I miss the pubs...

Hey! You need to worry too much there, both the Fyros and the Tryker are quite fond of their pubs, ale, fire-wine, and roasts are all to be had... :D

veilelb November 2nd, 2005 10:18 AM

Hi everybody,

Enitoya is my name and having fun is my game.
I have travelled to some distant places and very different worlds.
On one of those worlds I heard about Atys.
I told myself ... Girl you have to check it out ... so I did ...
And I am here to stay for a while ...
I just love the place and the people ...

kylaak16 November 14th, 2005 09:19 PM

my char is Kylaak my RL name is matt i have been playing since mid last year and have loved the game since. previously a matis but in the last 3-4 months i have became fyros. now proud officer of the divine council of pyr after being a member for a year now. im a 17 year old art student from suffolk, UK i just looove ryzom!

pugmak November 27th, 2005 08:01 AM

Well, I'm Balto. Yep, that's my name. It's my name cause that's what name I was given when I was born.

I'm Fyros. I'm Fyros cause that's what my parents were. It tends to work like that, or so I'm told. It's probably a good thing that I was born Fyros, because, as everyone knows, the Fyros are the good guys.

So, that's me. Balto of Pyr. Or maybe I'll be Balto the Fyros. Or maybe something more complicated like Balto the Fyros of Pyr.

wrython December 16th, 2005 08:30 PM

I am a Korai named Wrython and I have returned from the countless eons in the abyss to which I was banished by an evil and powerful Mystic. Don't ask how I got out...it wasn't pretty.

My time in the warped plane of the Abyss has granted me a natural affinity for spellcasting, but my first love has always been the clash of steel upon steel.

While I am mild manored, the time spent in the Abyss has left my mind foggy and twisted. If you manage to befriend me, I will always bee there for you...if you cross me however...

dmeasler January 4th, 2006 10:02 PM

OOC:
ex SWG crafter fighter hound dog - NGE = now gaming elsewhere = RYZOM.
I was Tria on Chilastra.

Now:

I learned to swing an Axe at a young age, and when I was older and wiser I studied magic.
I hear of a far off land I shall visit one day in hopes of finding my sister.
Until then ...
I am SarahLynn. I am Fryos. I hunt and sell my goods. I am happy.

katriell January 5th, 2006 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmeasler
I was Tria on Chilastra.

OOC: You might want to talk to Yudachi and Sinah, they were from Chilastra too I think. :) And btw, enable Private Messages here:
http://ryzom.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

altinah January 12th, 2006 07:18 AM

Hiya folks, I have 3 characters so far, Altinah, Kriddique and Gambalia. Just setting them up and exploring the noob area, looks fun so far!

lestep January 12th, 2006 02:01 PM

In game, you will see that people call me "Avenir".

I was born at a very young age.

When I was very young, people would poke fun at me, saying "he can't even talk."

Despite the odds, I learnt to talk and I learnt to walk. Unfortunately, it was a mektoub that taught me to walk. This explains my awkward gait.

I remember when I cast my first elemental magic spell. It wasn't on purpose, I just sneezed. Unfortunately, I sneeze in sets of five, so that was the end of the suckling yubo that was my only care-giver and guardian. I wept over the corpse of my dear mother, but it was through my tears that I learnt the discipline of optimism. In my mind I still recall the hope that I saw in the carcass of mummy. Thus I learnt to always quarter, and thus to craft; I still wear a piece of mummy on my left ankle.

"His mother was a yubo," I hear you mock. But I stand defiant, for it was a yubo that took me in, and sheltered me, and nurtured me. And although I may have slaughtered many cousins and distant relatives in my wanton pursuit of power, I can feel each family member within me, in my very loins, and if you ever have the misfortune to be at the other end of my elemental magic, and you will feel each yubo nibbling at your bones until the cold, cold ice of death clutches at your heart, and your only comfort is the operatic tones of the music of death.

Indeed, each yubo that I slaughtered, be it my brother, my sister, my uncle Lex, or a family member that I recognised not, whether I slaughtered on purpose, or due to hayfever, each yubo is the spark of electricity in my very veins.

Due to the pain that it caused me to kill my own family members in the pursuit of greater power in the area of elemental magic, I made a solemn vow and promise: that my feet would never leave the gritty earth on which they trod.

That is why you will never see me jump.

It takes great skill. It takes great skill, I tell you, to slice up a vegetable, but once I discovered them I could no longer have my fill of simple yubo meat, I trod the lonely vegan way. It requires cunning, foresight, and dexterity to slay a slaveni, stab a psykopla, or catch a cratcha. Verily, verily, it takes great skill.

A pivotal moment in my development came when I discovered the Green Seed. These little midgets taught me the lust of power, and I have remained scarred ever since. Manku introduced me to them, and since that moment I have enjoyed their destruction long after it afforded me any reward.

I remember the day when I finally joined the guild 'Infinity'. 'Twas a stroke of destiny.

I had been reflecting on the number "one". If one adds one to one, one makes two. I am comfortable with his proposition. But if one adds one to one more than once, many times more than once, what is the answer? All paths lead to Infinity. No matter how far one travels, one is never closer, and yet in a way we are all members of Infinity, in a way we are all on the way.

To conclude my introduction, I present you with this story:

There is a yubo, a mektoub and a frahar. They are in intense discussion over who is the most attractive.

The yubo says 'I am cute and sweet.'

The mektoub says 'I have a long and impressive snout.'

The frahar says 'I look like your granny has come back from the dead to stalk you.'

Remember to smack ponies. Ponies are bad. They should be smacked.

Pleased to meet you fine people,

Avenir

riveit January 12th, 2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lestep
In game, you will see that people call me "Avenir".

That intro might be the best ever! :D Thanks for making me laugh Avenir. Welcome to Atys.