Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Introduce Your Character!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Introduce Your Character! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=11573)

azmah July 31st, 2006 06:19 PM

Re: Introduce Your Character!

I am Azmah, a short male Tryker - short even by Tryker standards. I've been studying hard under the guidance of the Rangers and think I am ready to leave the relatively secure surroundings of the Ruins of Silan and move over to the mainland. An apprentice anxious to learn more, I'm excited about the move but still have reservations - fear of the unknown. It seems such a final step.

My studies have taken me into my low thirties in all four major skill areas. I still haven't decided what I want to master and plan to continue dedicating myself to all areas for a while longer. Hopefully the capitol city will allow me time to get my bearings before proceeding out into the wilds. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of the other new arrivals to continue my exploration.

See you soon.

Azmah

azmah July 31st, 2006 06:20 PM

Double posted - sorry.

cnewman September 1st, 2006 09:33 PM

Pitfall - Fyros

I have been impressed by the community thus far, everyone has been extremely helpful. I have been playing online games for many years and very very rarely have I ever had to contact in game support. Well I did and they responded in like 7 min ...omg.

I look forward to meeting some of you and killing others once I get to the main land. I hope that I will be able to be a part of some memorable events and be able to build a name for myself even though the game has been out for quite a while.

Is there any good places to find out the lore of Atys?

katriell September 1st, 2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnewman
Is there any good places to find out the lore of Atys?

http://www.ryzom.com/game-lore
:D

zangan September 7th, 2006 05:29 AM

<OOC>
Hello, I'm new to Ryzom and a fresh recruit to the Order of the Dragonblades.=) So far im loving it and plan on leaving the island asap. Ok, now all gater round a listen patiently as I spin a web of words and insnare you in my story. lol

<IC>
Greetings. I am known as Thundyr. Take a seat and listen to my story.

I was born to a humble Fyros family. They were simple livestock farmers, we didnt make much, but it was enough to make a living. We lived in a small isolated desert village along some fellow Fyros. I am unable to recall the name of the village, as I was very young when disaster struck.

It was a day like any other, my father was out herding our small pack of yubos to the stream. My mother was inside preparing the breakfast of desert-toasted bread and Izam eggs. We knew a storm was coming, but we weren't sure the nature or when it would strike....I remember pointing up to the clounds, tugging on my mothers apron, telling her the clouds looked funny. She reluctantly looked up and gazed in terror, she ran out to my father and told him to come inside immedeatly. We sat there, hudled together, right outside our home, gazing and the pitch black darknes enveloping the sky. We saw a crack of lightning and heard the boom of the thunder behind it, but the thunder didnt cease, instead it grew louder, and louder, and louder still, as if it was rushing towards us without reason or ability in nature. We stared along the horizon to see a mysterious sight...it looked as if it was a giant dust cloud headed by little dots....and it was surging our way! We figured out that the "dots" were actually powerful monsters driven from the middle of the desert by the storm. The next thing I remember was our village being trampled and all the homins being....*shuders*. I wouldn't have survived that night if it weren't for a female Zorai, wandering by on a scavenging trip. She saved my life and rescued me, but was unable to save the other homins in need...

The next thing I remember, I was hudled deep in the arms of my savior, frantically speeding through the desert to her tribe in a nearby oasis, it was a very large oasis, probably around 25-50 square miles. She introduced me to her tribe, and after a long tribe counsel meeting, the decided to raise me as their own, and train me in the way of the Zorai. I was fostered in the home of my savior, who was named Ky' Plythorne. It was then that I was named Thundyr after the thunder of the hooves that destroyed my village, my family, and my life.

While with the Zorai, they trained me in the way of their rituals, their customs, beliefs, and of course, the proper use of drawing inner sap from the body in the form of magic. Of course, I was a Fyros and my insticts taought me to use a sword as well as the lessons on magic from my master sage, Oroniu Hi. I was raised their peacefully in this way until my 17th birthday, the Zorai coming of age.[sorry, I didn't look into much lore yet, so please excuse my incorect dates, customs, ect., just trying to craft my story, I can tweak it later] I was sent out into the desert in hopes of finding my inner soul. Now being Fyros, it was also near time for my coming of age, and innevertly, I found both my inner Zorai soul, as well as my fierce Fyros soul. Both of them took living in my body rather nicely.

When I came back to the village, I found it under siege, I was still back a ways, but I remember my mother telepathically telling me to run, flee, but I couldn't. I didnt want to lose another life or home, but the Zorai teachings of wisdom were clear in my mind, and i knew that I must'nt let the enemy know of who or where I was, so I lay low hidden, observing the whole thing. The enemys were all on metoub mounts armed with the most powerful guns i had ever seen. They were dressed i complete black, with viels covering their faces.

"Give us the one who is destined to be two, give us the surviver of the desert disaster 18 years ago." all the leader was saying to Oroniu Hi.

"NEVER!!" he called in reply.

"Very well, have it your way.." he made a signal to the squad that was surrounding my tribe. They then began to open fire! I could feel my body being teleported to as far as it could go, as my mother gave all her strength into my escape, against my will. I left the battle with the scent of magic and gunpowder in the air...

I awoke to find myself on an island, seperated from the mainland. There I realized that they were after me! They destroyed my secound home because they wanted me! I then came to the decision that I couldn't run, I had to fight them. I put train my very best into everything i did.

It was at this time I ran into The Order of the Dragonblades. I knew it may not be the right thing to do to put them in danger of the mysterious homins after me, but i need extar strength, and they lended me theirs. I cannot continue my story, as I am as far as it goes....i shall write more as my life develops. I am currently readying myself for the voyage mainland to meet the rest of the Dragonblades. I will end my story here.

<OOC> so how was that? but I'm not done, here are a few possablities that Thundyr didn't know about and that i can fill you in on, lucky you! =)

Could the desert disater have been set up?

Would the village possibly have anything to hide or knowledge that the claok homins wanted?

Were the black homins gunslinger homins working by themselves, or hired assassins?

What are those two spirits that have taken home in Thundyr's body?

What did he mean when he said "The one who is destined to be two"?

Could the spirits possibly take control of his body, and what are they going to do, since they are near opposite entites?

Answers? Of course, but that doesnt mean it did or will....

Im going to close with a little prophetcy made by a Zorai mystic, deep in meditation, for a mysterious other force.

"There will come a boy. He will be one, yet only exist as two. He will be a sole-survivor. He will destroy your plans one way or another. He will either become a great protector from the evil void, or he will become a tyrant and destroy many a homins lives. He will have choices, some easy, some not. He will be known through-out Athys one way or another. I'm sensing something new,, Yes! The boy will be destined to..--"

She never got a chance to finish her sentance, for she bears bad news, and he doesn't like bad news.

zangan September 7th, 2006 06:12 AM

oops

ok, just realized i probably posted my threat in wrong place, can anyone tell me how to move it to "Through a Homins Eyes"? or wherever it should go,lol, i plan on continuing it so, if you could just tell me how to move it, or if i even can....

thanks!

katriell September 7th, 2006 06:50 AM

Re: oops

Quote:

Originally Posted by zangan
ok, just realized i probably posted my threat in wrong place, can anyone tell me how to move it to "Through a Homins Eyes"? or wherever it should go,lol, i plan on continuing it so, if you could just tell me how to move it, or if i even can....

thanks!

Can't move it unfortunately. Best you can do is copy it into a new thread.

By the way, nice story. You're doing a good job on developing your character's past, present, and future. =)

rekyrom September 15th, 2006 10:26 PM

Journal Entry 2498

Born of Tryker decent and grew up in Pyr. My family called me Brandon (if they were truly my family) and after years of hunting to provide for many families in Pyr (most whom were poor like us) it was time to go. Wandering through the desert I met a man who looked very familiar to me but I couldn't figure out from where I had met him, he told me to call him "M", also Tryker he spent most of his time making a good living digging nodes near the lakes in Dyron. We hit it off immediately and began to hunt and work together, after months of digging and hunting we found that we carried the same medallion and the one I had the name Mshadow, his actual name I then learned. He came from a wealthy family both mother and father died in the kitin war and until now so he thought he brother died as well.

That day was a glorious one and I learned my true name REKYrom, you will call by this name from this day forward. Since then we joined together to stay and moved back to Tryker to become High Officers of one of the oldest guilds in all of Atys, Ballistc Mystix and it will be BM to the end of time. Once again along the side of our leader and following the same steps my parents walked years ago...

If you ever find yourself in Fair Haven, look me up and tell me your story. We can share some lake ale as I have many more stories to share and some that will make your skin crawl. But for now duty calls and I must lead the men into battle, I can only hope that all return safely...

Until next time,
REKYrom

amisja September 20th, 2006 06:17 PM

My name is Spacehippy I am 10yrs old, but learning fast to be a Matis Warrior. I am a quicker leveller and I am always up for treks and hunting. I'm a proud member of The New Empire guild. I can't remember much of my life until I came to Yrkanis as a refugee but since then, I have made many friends and continue to work hard to reach my goals to become a high level warrior and a very respected homin by the Karavan.

sonne333 September 22nd, 2006 04:02 AM

Pirate Girl Okimiko 8)

Okimiko's mother, fleeing the Kitin threat after the destruction of her home, family and mate, found shelter amongst the Zorai. After giving birth to her daughter, she tried to teach her both the ways of her Tryker ancestors and those of her new Zorai family. As a result, Okimiko grew to embrace both the free spirit of her people and the Zorai love of the planet. Reckless, impulsive and free living, Okimiko comes across as loud and unstable to most. Infact she is very enlightened beyond her years and sees life as a celebration. All the more fitting for her self proclaimed pirate life. Yo ho ho 8)