Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Introduce Your Character!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Introduce Your Character! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=11573)

alibasil February 17th, 2005 12:54 AM

Introduce Your Character!

Hi my name is Alibooma

I'm 25 years old and was born during the fall of the year 2500 in Zora.

From what i can remember of my childhood zora was still a developing town back then (and still is today). I always remember the stories my parents told me as a child about the kitin war of the 2480's - after their death I have made it my life's saga to protect the Zorai race from the kitin.

I was 15 when the peace treaty was signed at Fairhaven and remember the jubilation in Zora carried on for weeks. This was one of the happiest part of my life- fear of war is not a pleasant state of mind for a spiritualist like myself.

Recently we have seen a presence of goo. With my new found skills as a fighter, it is my calling to assist the Zorai and fight for the Kami. A great help in my quest are my band of brothers - Project Mayhem.

Right now i look forward to the marriage of two members of my guild: Livik and Viktor. This will be a great moment for them as there are no records of previous Zorai marriages. I expect a week long party!

kibsword February 17th, 2005 01:16 AM

Re: Introduce Your Character!

OOC: Good idea :)

IC:

Hello, I am Kibs

A proud matis female with parents who died at the hands of a rogue zorai in the heat of battle v the kitins. The zorai was punished in accordance with the laws at the time, but ever since she has mistrusted most Zorai. Only a few have managed to gain her trust, but that took a lot of work.

Kibs enjoys spreading her abilities to get the best use out of what she can do. She loves helping out homins in need, and will often take one under her wing to help when she has the time. This is how she met her wife Absinthia, whom she married at the frog ponds in Fleeting Garden many winters ago now.

She takes pride in her skills as a leader, being a high officer of the rulers of Atys, and having helped to lead the matis and matis/tryker armies on several occasions.

Although she wants to get on with everyone, if someone is out of line she will tell them so, while trying to keep her cool.

She is always looking forward to meeting new friends most of all :)

-kibsywibsy

linkzero February 17th, 2005 02:10 AM

I am Link...

My childhood consisted mostly of riding my mektoub, climbing trees, playing and other physical activities. My brothers and I communicated mostly through spontaneous outbreaks of physical violence. In my defense, I was a voracious reader. My parents,of Royal blood, had a rule that allowed only 10 hours of gingo killing a week. One hour during the week and 3 hours a day on the weekend. In order to be able to kill gingos, however, we were required to read a history book a month. The rule soon became moot for me as I read a great deal more than a book a month. My step-brother was not so inclined. I still remember seeing him at the end of each month furiously reading so he could kill. No foreign languages were spoken, however, and we never read the paper. The rest is history ...

Now my mission is life is to torment as many as Matisly possible :D

Proudly married to the lovely Matis beauty queen and über outstanding melee fighter, Tangie !!

pinguini February 17th, 2005 04:07 AM

I am Synn,

different from many other homins, I don't know my parents... well not my real parents. I was told by the people that took me in, that they died bravely fighting the Kitin menace but I don't know that for a fact.
I know for sure though, that I was raised in Pyr and that my "parents" where mektoub traders and breeders. So we had the money and they enabled me to learn. I bought books, joined educating meetings and tried to prove myself in fighting. I realized soon, that fighting with steel wasn't my greatest talent and did disregard more than I should have. One thing I was good at, was the treating of wounds and so I spend a lot of time helping the sick and wounded.

Even in my young days I had dreams... of former things. I dreamt of people I didn't know, of adventures I hadn't been on, and of the love between two people, that didn't include me. And one day, I met one of those I had seen in my dreams... a member of the RoA Guild. First I was skeptic because most of them were not from Fyros, and because they they believed not in the power of the Kami, but since I was taught to be tolerant, I spend time with them and learnt to like them. I then entered my duty in this Guild and was brought to the Matis Lands as well.
Once there I realized that my dreams had brought me here before... and my fear of the new lessend.
Once I arrived at my second home, I met many people that seemed very familar, and I must have reminded of someone as well.. and soon I was fully intgrated into the Guild.
One day... I thought a thunder struck me. The loving homin, that I had seen in my dreams, caught my eye... and I must have caught his, because very soon there was an undescribable love in the air.
Now, after a long time, which seemed even longer, due to my dreams, this noble Matis has asked for my hand in marriage. Our wedding will be soon, and I hope that once we have found a good home and safe place, we can be there for our children, as my parents never could.

layswan February 17th, 2005 10:49 AM

Hi I am Tabatha

One frosty wintery morning I awoke upon a ground covered white with snow. Clothed in some savage refugee rags, torn ripped and snagged. Memory ablank with no recollection of what had passed.

Afraid? Homeless? Hungry? No! Never! Fear is but a weapon in the minds eye. Home became this fruitful land where I learnt to live of what I could kill. Day by day I worked hard building up my skills - honing them making them usefull tools.

My past is part of a blurred and unmemorable dream. What holds the key to the future is the Here and Now. Maybe one day my history will become apparent - maybe not. But I will not weep over what cannot be recalled - for today I am alive and hungry for life!

If you cross my path - then feel free to call me "Friend" - for those that share a meal at my fire are indeed friends. My trusty arm is strong and never fails - my courage will enlighten your spirit and give you hope on a bleak day.

Come hunt with me - for that is what we do.............

borg9 February 17th, 2005 12:57 PM

Neun of Tryker

I am Neun of Tryker, born to Nineteen a famous crafter in her time. My father is unknown to me and I have dedicated my life to solve this great mystery. I was brought up as a refugee in Barkdell and lived there for only a short while. Travel and exploration is in my bones, no one place can keep me for long.

Some say that I was born with a pick in my hand. My childhood memories shaped my future, the cot I used to sleeping was lined with my mother's old leather crafters glove and I still have this to this day.

For many years my mother and I were separated, she disappeared in the great wave that took her away and many of her friends. I have been reunited with my birth mother, however her great skills are still lost to her. Her heart is as pure as I am sure one day she will attempt to relearn what she once knew. I am just happy that she was returned, to me, unharmed.

My half sister Nine now travels with me, I am teaching her the ways of forage as now its much to dangerous to harvest alone. She is learning fast and one day I hope she will pass her knowledge on as I have mine.

My blood brother Raynez, a master of the ways of life, has always been there for me. No sword or word will ever break this bond. I would die for him and I am sure he would do the same. Water is sometimes thicker that blood. Word reached me that Starflow and he are to be wed. This will be a great day for homin kind and I wish them much joy and many children. Anyone who can keep this wanderer in one place, is one mighty fine lady. Starflow welcome to our family, ask and it will given with love. My love, to you both, at this special time.

My guardian Ishamael, a great warrior in The Elementals of Ayts, watches over me. I met him when he could barely lift a sword. Now in his high quality white armour, it makes me proud that he still has time for me and we share our memories of the times out hunting when we were just boys. I still laugh when we go foraging together as I run for safety as the kinchers get close and he just slowly puts down his pick and draws his sword. A few blows and the knicher falls. He calls me names but I know he means me no harm, I get my revenge when I watch him use a pick. He handles it like a mace the clumsy oaf.

My betrothed Melanija, who currently very busy, met on the harvest fields of Loria. I never did like doing anything the easy way. Finally agreed to be my wife after much effort on my behalf. A kinder Lady does not exist in the whole of Atys. Our story is a long one and I will save that for another day. I miss her and eagerly await her return.

I have one other true friend I need to mention, this is Zella, Leader of the Atys Ghost. She grew up with my mother and took me under her wing when I was just a boy. She is very special to me and I will always have a special place in my heart for her.

I mention these five, not because they are more important than my other friends but they have had the greatest effect on my life story so far.

I have travelled the lands of Atys. I have prayed for the lost in Zorai, I have fought the great beasts in the burning deserts of Fyros, I admired the Majestic Gardens and great structures of Matis and I have braved the Prime roots, much to the annoyance of the Karavan. I know that I my movements are closely watched by both the Karavan and the Kami. I respect both, for they possess, great power and knowledge of our lands. Their actions however do not yet reveal their intent. They both have helped and betrayed our peoples in our history. They request of me blind faith, which I will give but with some suspicion. These are dangerous words for me to say here, I am sure that I may regret speaking them openly.

As for the people of Atys, be they Fyros, Matis, Zorai or Tryker. I see them all as equals I have forgiveness for the deeds of their fore fathers actions and one day hope to see all these people united, as one great race, as it was spoken by Elias, husband of Jena and father of Atys.

I live by the Harvesters Code, a true and unbreakable bond, created many years ago. In simple words: Look out for your fellows and they will look out for you. I am often seen speeding to aid a fallen harvester, long before their pick and body hits the ground.

I have two gifts, which I bring to Atys, these are trust and love. I give both of these freely and ask for nothing in return. Those that keep them safe know that I am never far away. I have little interest in dapper or things these are easily replaced.

As for my future I don't know what it holds, I carry with me scars of battles and even worst those of misunderstandings. My battle scars heal quickly, however the misunderstands I doubt will ever heal.

I am a Tryker and proud of it. I will be neither master or slave to anyone or anything. Mark these words closely, as freedom of sprit is something no vine can ever bond.

My main trade is crafting, although you will often hear me say, I am just a humble harvester. Friend to the beasts and people of Atys.

Do unto others, as you would have done to you.
Unite and be strong and have we shall fear no longer the evils of Atys.

This is just the start of my story and just a brief view of what makes me what I am, when our paths cross as I am sure they will in time, you too will become part of my history. Thank you for taking to time to listen.

richaden February 17th, 2005 01:08 PM

ooc: On request, I repost this background story of Yamcha and Ailish

IC:

Yamcha was a typical little boy, he would charge about all day, saving the homins from the evil Kitin monsters with his trusty pike made of a long branch. Of course, it was just his imagination. His playground was the refugee colonies, and the troubled times of the Exodus were before he had even been born. He dreamed of the tales his parents told him of the Force of Fraternity, mighty warriors. He wanted to be a mighty warrior some day.

He often got scolded by the strange Karavan people, for straying too far from the refugee camps in his adventures, and sometimes caught a glimpse of a shadow moving in the distance, a -real- monster. But the Karavan people always kept them away. They were nice people.

Then one day everything changed, the Karavan people were taking homins from the refugee camp to a place called Matis Island. Yamcha's parents told him that he was one of the Homins who had to go there. He didn't understand, why weren't his parents coming with him?

There was another family which lived close to Yamcha's family in the refugee camps. They had a young daughter, a little younger than Yamcha was, about 8 while Yamcha was 10. Yamcha didn't like girls much, they didn't like to play war, they were silly things, icky things. But on that day that Yamcha's parents were explaining about going with the Karavan to Matis Island, the other family came over to their little home. The little girl was wide-eyed, she seemed like she didn't know what was going on either. Yamcha thought her parents looked sad for some reason...

The grown-ups talked for a while, and Yamcha sat on the floor with the little girl. She whispered to him "I'm Ailish...", and looked a little frightened. Yamcha put his hand on hers gently and said "I'm Yamcha, don't be scared."

Yamcha's parents and Ailish's parents stopped talking, and looked to the two children. Yamcha's dad's eyes were a bit red, he didn't know why. His voice sounded funny. He told Yamcha that he had to be a big boy, he had to be brave, and he had to look after Ailish on their trip.

Yamcha nodded. The two children got up, and walked with their parents to the Karavan teleporter. They waved goodbye to their parents, Yamcha took Ailish's hand, and the next thing they knew, they were under the bright sun, standing in front of a welcomer on Matis Island.

There were lots of people there, older kids in armour with REAL swords, and some with funny gloves that looked a bit like what the Karavan people wore, but not.

As the weeks passed, Yamcha and Ailish began training. They learned about the History of Atys from their teachers, and Ailish asked about magic... Yamcha didn't know much about Magic. The tutor asked Ailish to come with her, but Yamcha resisted, refusing to leave Ailish. When asked why by the puzzled tutor, he insisted, looking up at her with his brave childlike eyes "I am her protector..."

The tutors found it awkward at first, but as some of the older kids on Matis Island left with some of those Karavan people again, to some other place, some free tutors became available. The two children were taught together. Ailish was taught how to tap into the Sap, the magical lifeblood of Atys, to produce destructive spells. Yamcha was taught how to taunt an enemy, and how to parry attacks, to protect Ailish as her light caster clothing would not offer much protection against a gingo's claws.

The tutors were amazed at how the two worked together, and soon they were beyond needing the tutors. They tackled harder and harder enemies on Matis Island, always returning to their tutors for a few tips now and then.

Time travelled quickly on Matis island, and the two children became those 'older kids' they'd looked on in awe when they first arrived. As they grew older, their skills increased until they could match anything on Matis island, but as well as that, they grew closer.

One night, Yamcha dragged Ailish out to a hill on the edge of the island by Borea. She teased him, saying all the Gingos were sleeping for the night, and tickled him as usual.

Under the star-filled sky, Yamcha looked at Ailish and smiled sweetly. He just looked at her, not saying a word. Ailish looked back, and raised an eyebrow, poking Yamcha's chest softly

"What??" she asked, poking her tongue out.
"You know Ailish... I am blessed." he said, pausing a moment. Ailish pulled her tongue back in, and looked at Yamcha now, listening...

"I get to spend every day with the most beautiful girl on the isle, I know most of the other guys would do anything to be in my position..."

"Oh you're silly Yamcha..." she said, turning away a little, trying to hide a slight blush

"No, let me finish... I wanted to tell you this a long time ago, but I swore to protect you and could not risk that by pushing you away..." he said. He took her hands in his gently, and whispered "I love you Ailish... and I always will."

Ailish looked back at Yamcha, and sat up on her knees, flinging his arms around his neck where they sat, burying her face in his shoulder, hiding her joyfully tearful eyes. She said "and I love you too Yamcha... I love you more!"

She pulled from his shoulder, looking into his eyes with a beaming smile, and they kissed spontaneously, a wonderful kiss that seemed to last an age beneath those stars.

It seems a long time since that night. Yamcha and Ailish left Matis island long ago, and took to the mainland swiftly. Joining the Stormdancers Guild, led by Bael, a friend of them both from when they were on Matis island, the couple's adventures continue, taking on every new challenge that awaits them.

Most importantly though, beyond their high ranks in the Guild, beyond their prowess together on the battlefield, they share the thing most important to Homins, the thing that wars are waged so to allow its existence, the thing that the Kitin will never know.

That thing called Love.

I am Yamcha, Pikeman of the Matis, Leader of the Stormdancers, Defender and eternal lover of my dearest Ailish. Do not fight for vengeance or for blood, fight for freedom and for Love.

mikelaw February 17th, 2005 11:30 PM

My name is Mikelaw and i am a stranger to the world, i have no past, no family. I am born a pure spirit to atys, I am aty's child, I am the one.....

boinged February 18th, 2005 01:40 AM

My background was unremarkable like that of most street urchins. Stealing food, running from guards and hiding were skills I had to learn early on in order to survive. As I got older I grew tired of living from the gutters of Pyr and became jealous of the fat, lazy homins that paraded around the city without giving me a second glance. I soon realised that this would only keep me in a life of misery - better to steal dapper and enjoy myself.

After dabbling in petty thievery and mugging for a while my misfortune seemed to end and I could sleep in a real bed for once! All was going well until I was caught red handed picking the pocket of an undercover guard. As a punishment I had to clean out the barracks for a month. It was hard work but I learnt alot watching the soldiers train. As I left, it dawned on me that the life of a thug wasn't for me but being a salaried guard just didn't make business sense.

With the small amount of my remaining ill-gotten gains plus some tools and weapons I 'borrowed', I managed to stay safely on the edge of a legal career. I wouldn't say I was an angel, but then again, the guards could never quite prove I was to blame for the occasional misdemeanor. Several close calls with the shady people I dealt with taught me to learn to defend myself.

During one such disagreement over payment I was ready to dispatch my customer in Pyr bar when I was invited to drink with a small group of mercenaries. We joked about some of my capers and they had a few tales to tell of other cities, ripe for the picking. It didn't take long (or many jugs of ale) for me to realise I would be better off with these guys. The slowly approaching group of our collective, angry punters also helped me to quickly decide to join The Samsara.

So here I am now. Each day brings potential new ways to separate homins from their dapper. I have a strong guild at my side, a growing reputation and what can only be unimaginable wealth ahead of me.

Look out Atys, here I come!

vinnyq February 18th, 2005 06:21 PM

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

Male, 27, Virginia, USA.
Programmer.

Mainly in Fyros, but mostly a casual player now (except for some weekends when the old addiction start coming back).

Glad to be part of this community.

syneti February 20th, 2005 01:43 PM

I am Toad...
I am a Tryker i was born in Fairhaven but now i live in Pyr . From what i remember my father was killed by a band of bandits in Lagoons of Loria i do not know which bandits they are and i am searching to this day for the killer to receive his just rewards.
I am plagued by nightmares of horrific kitin invasion's which is why i have a tendancy to *ribbit* my Tryker counciler doesnt think she can cure this side effect.
Due to my history i decided to learn the ways of weapon making and travel the world harvesting what i can to make weapons that will destroy the bandits and kitin this is my only way to help with my terrible nightmarish vision's.
My mother is alive and well she lives in windermeer bless her soul she was so upset when she received the news about my father . i remeber her locking her self in her bedroom for days on end when she received the letter of his *sob* death. Now she is coping better and has started to help refugee's who pass windermeer with amber cubes to fit them with knowledge but she says i am not worthy of it ah well i guess she's right as i don't follow the path of magic maybe one day i will ....

Leader of Ye Ribbiton
Advanced Melee Weaponsmith
Melee Heavy Weaponsmith
Toad Bounces Back *Ribbit*

kaetemi February 21st, 2005 12:24 AM

I am Kaetemi
My mother was a matis, my father was a fyros
I was born in PR, then transfered to Kaemon
In Kaemon I grew up, and then the Kami transfered me to Pyr
Now I live in Dyron.

EDIT: *hugs Synae*

thewarcc February 26th, 2005 10:14 PM

Hello, my name is Deillonn,
Both my father was a great Musician.
His hobby was filming. He filmed everything what he saw.
Even when there was war.

One day, his last one, he decided to join the guards to defend Avalae.
Many guards were killed by the great force, so was my father.
His remains are now buried in Yrkanis, I respect him and decided to continue his hobbies.. Filming and playing music.

My mother was always helping my father, they were really in love.
My mother was killed by the Davae's Clutch, but I can't remember that anymore.

I always wanted to have the gift to afflict enemies, my dream came true..

brithlem February 28th, 2005 09:31 AM

Re: Introduce Yourself

Tony here, 24 from southern California. I play SoR way way way too much. Really. Character's named Brithlem, always online just kicking around with whomever's in a good mood, ready to enjoy life. Feel free to drop a tell whenever... always looking for new people to joke with and (hopefully) be picked on by.

Go team sense of humor!
Brithlem
AKA Tony

andvice2 March 1st, 2005 04:02 PM

My ingame name is Murasaki. This name come from the most famous writer of Japanese Heian Times: Murasaki Shikibu ( Genji Monogatari ).
I'm a little Tryker that love her land and exploration.
You will see me a lot also on other Lands, especially Fyros ( since i love that Dune like desert.. ).

I have also a Zorai character named Sei ( From Sei Shonagon lol.. ), but i don't use her really much.

Altough Murasaki is a female, i'm male in real life.
I'm Italian ( yeah and i play here in the NA server ), i study Japanese language, literature and culture. Chinese language, literature and culture. Oh yes also a bit of english :-)
Oh i'm 22 years old.

I dream to become a language teacher in a foreign country. ( Like teaching Italian in Japan )

zyryx March 3rd, 2005 12:11 AM

Hey, I'm Brandon from the US; currently leveling a Zorai offensive magic user, with a bit of harvesting on the side.

I've currently done almost everything solo, but would like a group to join or chat with. Afterall, it -is- an MMORPG, not a single player game :)

So if you want to team up hunting or something, give me a tell

mbaucco March 7th, 2005 07:27 PM

Hola! My name's Matt, I'm playing a Fyros named Kathakaros, currently 20-ish in fighting and harvesting, and in my teens in craft and magic. I am liking Ryzom so far, and the people I have met have all been very nice. See you in game!

gadreel March 11th, 2005 11:00 AM

Hello, Gadreel here... The verbose and long-winded. Some of you may encounter me in-game, but, be aware, I am a consummate roleplayer. You will not necessarily know that it is me. ;) Am 35, living in Southern California, US, hating the weather, and playing Ryzom. :) The few people I've managed to speak with in-game thus far have seemed very nice, and I hope that that trend continues. (Have had some really bad experiences with players in online games in the past...don't care to repeat those, thanks.)

Anyhow...that's all. :) Hope to see you all in the game. :)

akm72 March 13th, 2005 12:21 PM

Mioette, the youngest of three siblings, was born in 2504 in Avendale, during the time that Beadley Nimby was leader of the Trykers. Her parents were merchants, who ran trade caravans to Pyr, as well as the other main cities. She spent her childhood traveling with the caravans, and was taught more than a few fighting moves from the guards her parents retained.
In 2512 the Matis, under the leadership of King Jinovitch, invaded the Lagoons of Loria, shutting off the main trade routes her parents relied on. After the Matis soldiers massacred the guards on one of her parents' caravans, her parents decided it was too dangerous for the children, and sent them to the refugee camp of Waverton in the care of two trusted servants.
Now grown up, Mioette has returned to Liberty Lakes, intent on making her fortune...

jipekr March 17th, 2005 02:49 PM

Mothered by a tavern wench and fathered by a young Yrkanis guardcaptain, Jemeena spent her youth roaming around Majestic Garden getting into fights and running naked thru the woods singing.

At the age of 16, she got employed as a bouncer at Yrkanis Tavern - her years of training with the guards made it an easy job for her. But the woods where calling and two years later she left Yrkanis for her beloved forests.

Now, twelve years later, she returns to Yrkanis a seasoned forager - her hands are tough and her face lined, but her heart is happy. She almost never get into fights anymore but she still loves to run naked thru the woods singing.

thlau March 17th, 2005 03:52 PM

Hi,

my name is Thorsten, I am 38 years old and I live and work in Germany as a systems administrator.

I got interested in SoR since I read an article which states that there will be a linux client far the game in the future. So waiting for the client which runs on a my operating system of choice - namely linux - I decided a the beginning of this year to give SoR a chance and runs it using cedega, a formidable windows emulator for linux.

I still play on Linux and look forward for a native client in the future.

Since this is my first MMORPG I now understand, that people get addicted by such games. And now I'm one of them addicted myself.

I play 'pen-and-paper' RPG since 1983, so knowing several rules systems, I really enjoy the rules, mechanism and concepts that are the base of this great game.

So I like to see more!

mapubahh March 18th, 2005 06:48 AM

Hi everyone. Name Anton aka Mapubahha. Iam newcomer from Russia =) Joined yesterday and......WOW its so beaitiful!!!! Last 3 mouth i've played in World of Warcraft and u know what....ITS BORING =) Have nothing to do. Only fight-fight-fight...nothing more. Iam tired from this =) Here i can leave as i want, do what i want and be killed when i want =) Heh, Iam here for a long-long-long time now =) Magic is awsome =))) I like this game =) Good Luck all of u player =)

douph March 19th, 2005 06:02 PM

Karl from Chicago.
I'm mostly playing Ryzom to occupy myself when I'm not at work and weather prevents me from working on my cars. (There isn't even anyone playing CS:CZ at 4am!)
I like the crafting in Ryzom, and my creative side (well, the bottom half actually) digs the RP potential. I like my characters to be self-sufficient when possible.

My first character was Kalehar the Firey Fyros Forager (I wanted to name her Kale'uhar but someone just HAD to disallow all non-alpanumerics. Bummer.) She fell afoul of the gaps between existing documentation and what actually is in the game. After about a month it was just too difficult to gain levels. So we bade farewell to our guildmates, made a sudden deposit at the Guild hall, and vanished from the streets of Pyr.

Enter the prim and violent Matis-woman Chtomelji. Naturally I couldn't help but fabricate a back-story outlining whom this was and her relationship to Kale'uhar. In about two weeks I surpassed my first character in experience with all disciplines (yay us!). Currently I'm still hanging around Yrkanis, because its SO easy for a forager/crafter to level there. It's about time to move on and break ground in the other lands.

And in case anyone was curious, I use a custom string to generate names with the RinkWorks Name Generator:
http://rinkworks.com/namegen/

talazen April 1st, 2005 01:45 AM

Ello everyon... What can i say... My name is Shinara, Believer of nothing...

I came from the realm of Everquest... I have now moved on to this game... what a joy... I will be part of the merger onto the euro group and look forward to it... You will most of the time find me harvesting... Feel free to drop a line... i can use the company...

Fear not i am a little bit crazy and adventurious... You will all see that as i tend to try an do the impossiable :)... For now... that is all

basicart April 1st, 2005 01:26 PM

oi oi Im Basic from North Linc's England. Been playing on NA since Open Beta 1 and i'm looking forward to seeing peeps from me own island hehe

dan77 April 8th, 2005 06:06 AM

Hi,

I just want to let everyone know how glad I am that Ryzom is around. In my opinion the game is absolutely original as it offers what none of the other online game offers... Been playing other MMOs, and sure on some of them the technical details (graphics, sounds, etc.) are better, but in my opinion Ryzom beats them all because of its unique feel, atmosphere, storyline, character development, and gameplay.

You'll find me in game as Wisdan!

rabcaz April 8th, 2005 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan77
Hi,

I just want to let everyone know how glad I am that Ryzom is around. In my opinion the game is absolutely original as it offers what none of the other online game offers... Been playing other MMOs, and sure on some of them the technical details (graphics, sounds, etc.) are better, but in my opinion Ryzom beats them all because of its unique feel, atmosphere, storyline, character development, and gameplay.

You'll find me in game as Wisdan!

Then I shall keep an eye out for you =).
I too share your thought about this game, it lest the character develop in its own way. Not forced to move in one direction. Wonderful indeed.

golden7 April 10th, 2005 11:01 PM

I am Goldin. Having come out of the primordial wilderness and entered into these new gathering places of my people, I have quickly found this long lost community to be abundantly friendly and peopled with those of strength, good taste, and great honour. It is my wish to serve these new comrades as a drawer of powerful beasts, so that my fortitude in arms may save my companions and free them to use their esoteric arts from a place of greater safety. With such fortitude I shall continue my quest to gain knowledge which then shall be applied towards defending my people from the dreadful incursions that are assured to be on the horizon.

I am Brahm. New to these lands, I can already feel the mana flowing through powerful veins and gathering here, in these marked places of culminated destiny. I am an integral part of the web of life that spreads tendrils into the darkness and is overseen by Kami caretakers. I am new and presently frail, yet seek to strengthen greatly and add my strengths to those of my people. My arts shall add to our defences. My ability to seek out the greatest pockets of culminated mana and carefully extract the housing components shall serve as well. Too, I fancy myself able to seek out the best magic of comradery available, and shall add my own mana, that something greater may crystallize. For I know, to be sure, that they exist in this place who also know of the secret places of spirit where comradery can be whipped into a unique brand of power.

And now shall I rejoin my commune with the Atys darkness, which teems with vibrant, untold possibilities.

They call me Hirb. I am, I suppose, kind of what you might call a black sheep of the Zorai people. I mean, call me crazy, and most people do, but all that meditating and worshipping and groveling and whatnot is really only so much fun for so long before a homin might start to, oh, I don't know, perhaps start to get just a teensy weensy bit BORED OUT OF HIS FREAKIN' MIND. <ahem> Anyways, I'm sure that's not what the Kamis would -really- want, so I kind of up and went my own way, man, making sure to keep it real and not let -anyone- tell me what to do, notime. That's right, I said "NOTIME"! I don't -care- if it's not in your freakin dictionary man, cause you'll never catch ME aganizing ovor good grandmar like some sort of slavish society slave...of some sort. Open your mind, man! Come camp out with me amongst the rattling brain bushes--who, incidentally, are -greatly- misunderstood, and in truth bring us love and peace from all our worrying about, well, anything really--at least anything that's not directly related to being spaced out and letting them slowly siphon off some of our less important brain juices... *scratches mask* Where was I? Hmm... Lost it. Oh well. I'm sure that if it was -really- important it would be stencilled in floating colourful cloud-letters hovering directly in front of my face. Did I forget to mention my aptitude for gathering herbs? Hmm... You're not...after...my stash, are you? *looks suspiciously* I warn you man, I could pop something in my mouth that would cause me to smash through all obstacles in a demented whirlwind showing of psycho scariness, feeling no pain at all...until the dreadful hangover the next morning, that is. I'd really rather not. The army's been trying to recruit me ever since the last incident when a very, very sprightly looking yubo cornered me and forced me to down a psycho snack, and when I awoke...well, it was amongst the splintered and smashed huts of the nearby Zora Kovan village...and there was a slumbering masaab next to me... *laughs nervously* But I mean, we all have a story like that, don't we? Anyways! Er...what were we talking about again?

supernov April 11th, 2005 05:08 AM

I don't know much about my early childhood other than I was around 2 when I was rescued from a horde of kitins near Pyr by an adolescent girl named Supernova who was Matis like me. What I was doing there I still don't know to this day, but Supernova watched over me and took care of me until she got the opportunity to bring me to Yrkanis... She left me there when I was 5, in the care of an old crafter specializing in staffs and magic gloves...

I never met her again, but I never had any hard feelings towards her leaving me, she was but a girl herself when she found me, and I don't envy her having to watch over a child while being one herself.

The lack of a family had marked me though, and even though I am utterly grateful towards the people who took me in, I decided to do my best to take care of parentless children, so when I felt I had something to give on to others, I decided, along with my wife Kibs, to adopt one... One became four, and I am proud to say that Raynez, Loop, Diamanda and Chi are my children. Loop and Diamanda have taken up a life as travelers and I rarely hear from them, but I know in my heart that they are well and enjoying what they do. Raynez and Chi keep in contact with me, and they make me proud every single day.

On my travels, my fights against the kitin and other foul creatures of Atys, I have however found other people who are much like me, people I am happy to call 'family', even though it might not be of flesh and blood. Jojiinrel, my beloved brother and most trusted friend; Axilis, my sister, beautiful and kind; Talven, my niece, always happy and bubbly... You all warm my heart every single day!

rabcaz May 27th, 2005 01:45 PM

As to introduce myself you can read it here dear Homins : http://ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14230

amcyr May 27th, 2005 04:58 PM

I am Amcyr.

I grew up in Borea where I learned to wield an axe and cast the occasional heal. In those days I aspired to be a great warrior and harvesting and crafting were beneath me. Together with my friend Akjohn, I developed my skills until boredom told me it was time to achieve greater things.

When I reached Yrkanis, I met many new friends, and shortly joined a guild of like-minded homins, the Out of Cavern guild. Together we explored and hunted, honing our skills on "Raspal Hill" for days on end, and later on at Tower Bridge slaughtering the ocyx there to extinction. The guild always kept me well armed and well armoured, and life was good.

And as I grew, I developed new appreciations. I started crafting, selling the mats I collected from hunts to buy the mats I really needed. I also became quite famous with the Trykers at the Green Seed camp, doing many missions for them. In those days, they paid quite well for crafted weapons and I made a decent living running between their camp and Yrkanis with a backpack full of pikes.

I also started joining more hardy adventures, participating in treks to new lands, fending of Kitin invasions, and taking on missions that increased my encyclopedia of knowledge and fame with other races. Thesos and Thesos Springs now became the places to improve one's skills. I also advanced my standing within the guild, becoming an officer and assisting others to reach their goals.

But unsettling events then occurred. Sinister left the guild to start the Reapers of the Dark. Later Thanakar also left to start Cara Via, and then Zerman and Stinger to found the Lost Guild of Atys. Several others left for parts unknown and I have not heard from them since.

Things looked dark, but we did not give up. And in the end, I found myself leader of the guild, with my good friend Akjohn still by my side, and Sekhmet, Lathaniel, Navra, Keiko and Pubgal also as loyal officers.

I have changed greatly. In maturity I recognize the value of harvesting and can now often be found in the Elusive Forest swinging my pick, though you may still occasionally find me wielding my axe in the Zorai Void or the Fyros canyon. I value my friends and appreciate the wonders of Atys.

I am Amcyr.

valkyry June 4th, 2005 04:31 PM

/ooc

Well I thought I would revisit the wonderful world of Ryzom, thanks in part to R2 interest, mmorpg.com and natter from friends who still play.
Account activated, and then greeted with a 500+mb patch incl optional content! *laughs*
Soooo I will see those of you who are still around sometime soon, in a while, eventually... =D

Peace.

kostika June 5th, 2005 04:36 PM

The Samsara is a guild that has always existed on Atys. A guild of mercenaries run by a woman. A guild and a family. The guild is the family. Its leader, the caregiver, the mother.

I am Kostika. I am the guild leader for The Samsara. Before me my mother was the guild leader, and her mother before her. Always my line has been the caregiver and leader of this mercenary guild.

I can remember my childhood clearly. From my earliest years I can remember my mother teaching me the ways of the guild. Always I've been around axes, swords and magic. By the time I was a teenager I was already deeply involved in the running of the guild. Arrangement of escorts and supervising exhibitions. By the time I was 20 I was going out on those excursions, and exhibitions. Even though I was the youngest, I looked out for all that were in the guild. They were my family.

When I was 25 I took over the running of the guild. My mother is gone. But my family still remains. My family still grows and I still take care of them.

I lead and care for The Samsara. And in turn, they take care of me.

onyxmatt June 14th, 2005 03:52 PM

Watching a storm roll across the desert is awe inspiring. The sky is swallowed by darkness and the air becomes close, in the distance you see the lightening dancing from cloud to cloud, then a crack of thunder warning all who observe the power contained within, all this long before you feel a drop of rain. Then you wait and you wait, the blanket of shadow grows thicker, the air clings so tight it suffocates, the lightening carves it's way through the horizon and the thunder drums so loud your heart skips.

Still you wait in anticipation of the conclusion and then and only then you feel the first drops of rain impact upon your face, the elements play out their symphony around you as the torrent soaks your very soul.

None have been able to predict how long they will last, none have guessed at the carnage they will leave in their wake.

My name is Karus, I'm a Fyros refugee. I've always been a refugee. I live with my mother and sister in the refugee camps. We get by, life isn't great but it's not particularly bad either.

If you ask me what I do, I'd tell you this and that, normally sitting in the shade when not hunting the odd Yubo to feed my family. I've never really had a calling in life and until now never really wanted one.

As I sit here looking out across the desert, watching a storm roll in, I know that there is another bigger storm approaching.

Two days ago I started hearing rumours of war, some communication out of Pyr from a man named Jyudas. Rumour has it that he sent a letter detailing events that will lead to war between the factions of the Kami and the Karavan. No one is safe not even here in the refugee camps. I guess it's time to get off my behind and actually act, I have to see if I can protect my family and friends in camps, and I know that is something I cannot do here.

Tomorrow I will leave for Pyr, I will find this Jyudas if I can and I will offer him my help, whatever use it will be. I mean I've heard he is part of a group called The Samsara, that he is a hardened warrior. What use would he have of me, I guess I could cook for him, I'm a fair cook. Heh, who knows he may even offer to train me.

Karus - The Samsara

sanjian June 20th, 2005 12:29 AM

I am Sanjian, of Fyros. Some may remember me, though I doubt many of you will. I've been gone quite a long time, fighting the enemy in the sands of a far off land. My return will be soon, and I'm dismayed to see my proud Fyros brothers and sisters bickering with each other like spoiled children. With as much as is going on in the lands, this is the last thing any of us need.

At one time I was the head of a small but capable band of warriors known as the Grim Legion. Many of my brothers left with me to fight in this desert land, and I do not know how many will be returning. In their honor, I will maintain my title and position, even if it means raising a toast to empty chairs and empty tables in the Legion's Hall.

Join your brothers, and keep your eye on the real threat among us. I will begin my long trek home in a couple months, and will be relieved to see old and new faces in the streets of the Capitol.

Always for the Honor of the Legion,

- Sanjian of Fyros

suib0m June 20th, 2005 12:52 AM

For those of you who may have seen some of my posts, you might already be familiar with some of my characters. The ones I created I will introduce in the forum "Through a Homin’s Eyes". Currently, there are two whose ongoing stories start here:

http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15392

legokid June 20th, 2005 10:59 PM

I'm a young Tryker who loves to fight with swords,pikes,and daggers.Born into a family of mages and crafts.My mother is a Master of Life who now heals the head Mages and Fighter of the Lakelands.My father now builds mills to power the towns and crafts for the all the Tryker.

In the past I wasnt much of a help in the Kitten Wars.But now this mage has power that has helped me nuke the kittens and bring safety back to the same part of the LakeLands.But they came back after a winter with the Slit.

I have learned much about the past of the Tryker.But many amber cubes remain to be found.As of now my trust rest with the Tryker,guildies,and Jena and her followers.

Winds tells the Past and Future.So you can say im a wind reader.Guess thats where my name come froms.I wont give it away but if you dont understand the wind part......IM A WIND READER....yes there are such things as Wind Readers.That should give my name away.

Fight Trykers we must protect of home and keep the Peace and Truth we dream of!

faens July 4th, 2005 05:11 AM

I am Borkna and I like pretty things. I live to make things that makes others lives liveable. To do this I will be needing a master and mentor, I am still young and hearthy so I beg masters out in the world to consider taking me as their apprentice....

speiberb July 15th, 2005 05:41 PM

Call me
....Laica the Zorai Laica

Some call me loony Laica..

We live with the spirits and in harmony with the land so with the Kamis.
i will be greatfull for what i got and what i will be given,
im not blind

.......the Karavan and the goo make me sleep badly, its a bad shadow in a jar

i will wake up now

sunew July 15th, 2005 08:27 PM

This is the stoy of how Sunew came to the newbe island and started his quest.

My name is Sunew, I'm a Tryker. I was born on Clear Water Island. Despite the island's Beauty I would look across the sea and wonder what’s out there. The Elders warned me repeatedly about the dangers of the other lands and forbid anyone from leaving. However their warnings failed. I felt my self being drawn across the sea. So I started working in the fields to earn the dappers I needed to buy a dagger and a pair of magic amps. After weeks of hard work, I bought my supplies. The next day I dressed in my work clothes and grabbed my bag with the dagger, amps and the armor-crafting tool I got for my birthday. My parents bought me it; in the hopes I would stay on the island, and become a fine armorer. I left a note telling them I was going to find my destiny. I avoided the fields, and made my way to the docks. There was only one reed boat left. I scanned the dock for anyone who might stop me, but the only ones who came to the dock were the fishermen, who already left to fish. After checking the boat for holes, I launched it and set off across the sea. As I sailed from my home, I sat there wondering if my decision was right. I could turn around and run to the fields, make up some excuse, but then I would still stare across the sea and wonder.

During the first few days, the sea air and the wind in my hair filled me with vigor and a sense of adventure. The next few days filled me with fear and self-doubt as my supplies ran low. When I finally saw land I was almost too weak to steer the boat. The boat ran aground and I crawled out. There I found a cave with a bright light coming from it. In the cave, there was a glowing flower. I stood in awe of how magnificent it looked, and how good it must taste. When I reached out to get it, I heard a voice.
"Do you not fear our wrath?"
I turned around and saw a short, tubby sand-colored creature with bug-like black eyes, and three horns coming out of the back of its head. The creature was a protector of nature, a Kami.
"That flower is a treasure of Atys and shall not be harmed,” said the kami.
"But I have to eat something" I pleaded,
“Aid us, and you shall be fed” I stood there shocked and confused. The only thing more forbidden than leaving the island, was aiding the kami. If I helped them, I could never look upon my family, friends or my home without shame. If I didn't help them, I could never look upon my home again, for with out their aid I would starve. So I swallowed my pride, and accepted their task. I was to deliver a seed, of all things, but knowing the kami, this seed had to be inconceivably important. The seed needed to be delivered to a kami in a forest northwest of the city of Barkdell. Barkdell was in the center of the island I had landed on. After eating a meal of nuts and sugar water, the kami filled my bag with much-needed food and water. The food was nuts and berries, and the water was stored in a 3 ft-long, hallowed-out vine, with a thorn used as a stopper. The kami told me I would have to climb over a ring of mountains to get to Barkdell, and to watch out for kitins.

I left the cave and I tried to focus on my task, but one of the kami's words still burned in my mind, kitins! They were one of the hundreds of things the elders had warned me about, but the stories sounded too horrible to be true! Stories of giant bugs hundreds of feet tall, strong enough to crush stone with their claws and faster than any mektoub. The stories told of an invasion that destroyed the great cities and exiled the homins into the Prime Roots. The Great Swarming it was called, when millions of kitins erupted from underground. The Great Swarming happened three generation ago. Because my home island is so far out to sea, it was safe from the swarming; I was safe from the swarming. Now I’m in a land where these creatures run wild! I had no intention of fight the kitins, but I had already agreed to deliver a seed for the kami and couldn't return home without completing my task.

I traveled across the sandy Island resting under the occasional palm tree. After a day of walking, I found a small oasis, and splashed the cool water on my face. I sat there watching the ripples coming from the shore. Having lived by water all my life, I knew this wasn't right. The ripples seemed to come from the land. I looked in the direction the ripples came from and saw a monstrous creature. Based on the stories, I knew this terror had to be a kitin! I cowered behind a tree, so I wouldn't be seen. The kitin wasn't hundreds of feet tall, only 20 - 30, but I could see how someone could make that mistake. I ran to the water and swam as fast as I could. When I reached the other side of the oasis, I was spotted! I heard the most horrifying scream and saw the black eyes of the kitin focus on me! I ran towards the mountains with the kitin in pursuit. The kitins was about 40 meters away and the mountains were about 20 meters, so I had a chance of making it. When I ran only ten meters, while the kitin ran 30! With the kitin running 3 times faster than me, I knew I wasn't going to make it. The kitin had caught up with me, and it raised its claw to strike! I stood there, paralyzed by fear, when a bright light came into view. The light came from a blast of energy, which flew over my head and hit the kitin. The blast sent me flying backwards into the sand. I looked up to see a robed figure with a mirror like mask. It was a master of technology, a karavan. The blast came from a cannon attached to the karavan's arm. I climbed to my feet and looked around. There were pieces of the kitin scattered in all directions. I turned to the karavan nervously, normally the tryker and karavan are allies, but since I had agreed to help a kami...
"Need a lift to Barkdell?" the karavan asked. I was startled when the karavan spoke.
"Huh, um yes, but how did you know I’m heading Barkdell?"
"The Trykers are gathering there to train in fight, magic, craft and harvest, so they may defeat the kitins." I still had no intention of fighting the kitins, especially after almost being killed by one, but going with a karavan would be easier and safer then climbing the mountains. So I accepted his offer, and he led me to a strange hovering device. It was made of a strange shiny material and was as large as a ship.
"If you want to travel to Barkdell, stand over there." the karavan told me, and pointed to a spot under the device. I walked under the device, hoping it would keep floating, and stood there, waiting. A blue light came from the device and I felt myself floating. It took me a minute to realize I was being teleported, since this was my first time. After the light disappeared, I found myself on a wooden dock, with an unfamiliar voice saying, “Welcome to Barkdell."

oglala August 4th, 2005 07:42 PM

Good morning,

I just signed up, created a character last night. So far, I like the game. Of course, I am still learning the ropes. BTW, does anyone know where to find plain damp straw around the Matis starting area? Oh, before I forget, my character's name is Savageone.

oglala

danadita August 4th, 2005 10:10 PM

Are you still on the starting island? ryzom.raum.com is a good place to check for mats there. I know ballisticmystix.com doesn't have the starter islands charted. Yet. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by oglala
Good morning,

I just signed up, created a character last night. So far, I like the game. Of course, I am still learning the ropes. BTW, does anyone know where to find plain damp straw around the Matis starting area? Oh, before I forget, my character's name is Savageone.

oglala

oglala August 4th, 2005 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danadita
Are you still on the starting island? ryzom.raum.com is a good place to check for mats there. I know ballisticmystix.com doesn't have the starter islands charted. Yet. :)

Thank you danadita,

I will most certainly check it out. And yes, I am still on the starter island.

oglala

d29565 August 5th, 2005 03:24 AM

My name is Keiko. No last name, for I never knew my parents. I grew up mostly alone on the Refugee Island until Jena knew it was time for me to see the whole world. I left for the mainland, Verdant Heights.
I was immediantly taken into the guild Out of Cavern, my long lost uncle (Trindle) recommended me. With his help, I quickly trained and practiced my melee to the point where I was capable of handling the Gingos and Ragus outside of the main town, Yrkanis.
I soon met someone in my guild whom I quickly fell madly in love with. Zorin and I did everything together. It was with him that I found my other love, magic. I spent days learning the finer tricks of the Elemental spells. Zorin and I learned together. But sadly, one day he was murdered and taken off to another place *game*.
I mourned the loss of him so. In his honour, I trained harder than anyone in my magic. I practiced with healing, and when I was great in that, I excelled in the elemental arts.
I became bored with Out of Cavern, my family since 'birth'! But, I left them, thinking that I could find my way in a different guild. Find myself once I left home. Soon I joined Reapers of the Dark, a guild with memebers that used to be in Out of Cavern. But, they weren't what I wanted, what I needed. And, I guess i wasn't what they wanted either. I was kicked from that guild and crawled back to my accepting, loving family, OoC. I was accepted back with open arms, forgiven for my mistakes. I was home again.
Soon, problems surfaced in my guild though. Many members and leaders left. For a few harsh weeks, our guild had only three people! But, when Amcyr became our guild leader, things got better. I became a High Officer, holding great authority. Now Sekhmet, Lathaniel, Navra, Akjohb, Pubgal, Zad, Beko, and Rastaofwind are trying to bring back what OoC used to be, and will always be. Even Trindle is back in our mists (he was uh...gone.. for a while). Things are looking up.
I still talk to Zorin, though I wonder if he can hear me (called MSN people). I still dable in the magical arts, so much so that I am almost a master! I dont know what is in store for me, or my guild, but I open it with open arms. With HOPE!

mtsmith August 18th, 2005 03:45 AM

I be Spiff...that should be 'nuff fer most of ya. Fer those of ya who don't know me, just search for my DP Aura. It's the one that plays lovely death music. If I can't get ya killed, then ya are more than just the averaga homin. This wee Tryker be notorious for the zaniest adventures ever.

If yer ever in the mood for some fun accompanied by a very high chance of dying, look me up. Oh, an' if yer lookin' for some trouble, ya got no reason to look further. I be the baddest, tiniest, meanest, stubbornest, angriest, little bugger yer likely to meet!

hawkes2 September 19th, 2005 08:16 AM

hi, its Erikos, some know me, most dont. Ive been reading these boards for a while , and i just wanted to say hello and maybe get into some nice discussions throughout, on anything and everything :) see yas in Atys!

-Erikos

sprite September 19th, 2005 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkes2
hi, its Erikos, some know me, most dont. Ive been reading these boards for a while , and i just wanted to say hello and maybe get into some nice discussions throughout, on anything and everything :) see yas in Atys!

*waves* Hi there, I've seen you around and hope to see you some more :D

hawkes2 September 19th, 2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprite
*waves* Hi there, I've seen you around and hope to see you some more :D

heya Sprite :D

anzhye September 20th, 2005 05:27 PM

Wow, okay, well...

Ingame, my name is Anzhye (ahnsh-hI, second syllable accented).

I am new to the searching of the mystery of Ryzom. Though I tend to work alone for now (not in a guild as of yet), I am watching and leaning about the different guilds to see which I may be interested in joining.

I love to hunt in teams. I also take great interest in learning about the individuals around me. Feel free to ask me more about myself, should you ever meet me ingame!

As I gain in experience, I look forward to being a help and valuable asset to others.

In all of this, time will tell...
Until we meet again, fellow Homin. ;8^)

aras420 September 29th, 2005 12:03 PM

Hi, I'm Trillion. I'm not exactly sure how I got here... One day a was a 26 year old jeweler in Florida, year 2005, the next I was a hot matis chick wielding swords, making shields and throwing damaging ice magic at everything that moved... Imagine my surprise! Well anyhow, my shield crafting skills are advancing quite rapidly and I have been accepted into a wonderfull guild called "Legion of Atys." My main focus is on offensive ice magic and one handed sword/sheild combos. I feel my transfer from Earth to Atys was quite painless and I don't especially miss the old home, except for the food. I'de give 1 million dappers and my entire collection of sheilds for a burger and a beer right now... oh, I miss the pubs...