Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Dreamcatcher? NO: Dreamkillerz ...
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Through a Homin’s Eyes (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Dreamcatcher? NO: Dreamkillerz ... (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=19248)

michielb October 30th, 2005 08:37 PM

Re: Dreamcatcher? NO: Dreamkillerz ...

Ouch that was beautiful,...

Make me feel my age, makes me remember the dream I thought I had forgotten, makes me yearn for the olden days when Atys was still innocent and full of hope...

xolkar1 October 30th, 2005 10:01 PM

*sighs* a great post...i still have hope, but the flame Burns dim and the air which keeps it alive is slowly dying away

calana October 30th, 2005 10:35 PM

Here's a new kid who has heard of the past and wants that forgotten future. Don't abandon me ol' timers. :-D

rabcaz October 31st, 2005 07:58 AM

Such fine words my friend,I am glad that you told them for us.
I often say that history is there for us to learn from, not to be scolded for.
And now in these dire times there is so much to be learnt from the old man.

// Drakfot

kazuki October 31st, 2005 08:35 AM

*reminds herself to breathe*
Thank you, gillest.

gudule October 31st, 2005 05:46 PM

awww.... i feel so much like you do... also like an old tryker woman with rheusmatism... an old woman who, when she arrived, was so, so, so happy when she was given a q60 armour with no boost when she was adopted in Redcaps guild... the one who waited for 3 months before visiting other lands, because at each attempt we were all decimated...
bah, i'll just go and bandage my rheumatism now... and drink a nice bottle of firewine in remembrance of the old days.
hic.

gillest October 31st, 2005 11:55 PM

Thanks guys.
Yes I could have put my story in the Saga part, may have stayed longer for memories.
Tho this story is not just mine and the times/gods needed a reminder.

I will be heading very soon for a very long journey with memories at heart.
But fears as well.
Whenever I'd be able to step again on those beloved territories, will I recognise them...
Or will the wills of the gods have destroyed it...

I do wish all those things, wish I could find Atys as young and the homins as free hearted as I used to know and love them.
But the Gods are silents now, eacept for appeals to war.
The dreams seem to die slowly and thin seem the reason to hold to life anymore.

I wish I could shake the Gods...
I wish I could remind them of all the promisses they made to us (war may have been part of the futur but wasnt war alone)...
But do the gods even listen to our prayers?
Or have they decided to follow their own decision toward our world and to forget its inhabitants..

My only power is to make such prayers before my own trip starts, hoping the Ryzom I loved will still be alive.
May my path cross yours again on this planet.
May my path cross yours again...
And in the worst disaster scenario, would we all need to migrate again to another world, may we then meet there..

Tho I would so wish to wander again on this world which became mine.

XXX
XXX

Only the gods know...
Hope they don't lose control...

wismie November 1st, 2005 09:48 AM

Beautiful story, I just feel so much like you do.

Fear not, some homins still remember the old man's story. Some will still fight for their freedom, for their kind, against the Kitins and against themselves.

Or so I hope.

frakel March 27th, 2007 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wismie
...some homins still remember the old man's story...

... and others learn of it and take it to their hearts.