Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga > Through a Homin’s Eyes
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 30th, 2005, 03:06 AM   #1
gillest

Dreamcatcher? NO: Dreamkillerz ...

Even before my birth I dreamt about this world, waiting patiently for the day where I could be released...
And there I was, born in this new world, poor little homin on a wild planet.
The times were rough, the yubo were uber, the doggies would kill me even before I could know what they were, what they looked liked...
But I wasn't alone and help was not too far and I survived many deaths even before seeing the real world.

And there I was transported to the land where death was so close to friendship and that's where my life started.
I so remember my youth on Atys like it was yesterday.
Life and death was our daily routine, danger was around, this planet was rough and dangerous, but others were near to help and our dreams made us go through dangers and deaths.

Our dreams? Dreams of freedom and hope..
I so remember the stories of the old man, stories about our past and our futur.
How all homins so narrowly escaped death.
How the civilisations spreaded running away from the kitins.
How the rare surviving homins re-built there lives, scattered around the world.
And the old man would tell us of the mighty kinchers and the never sleeping menace still very active deep in the roots and the dragon liar.
And then he was dreaming..
Nobody knew where the story stopped and where the dream began but he was telling us of the future times.

Those times where the homins would be free to walk all over the planet.
Those times where the homins would have pushed the kitin menace so deep inside the roots that they would only be a souvenir.
Those time where even victory would be forgotten as all we would have will be freedom.
Those times where we would be ready to leave Atys.

I can remember those days like it was yesterday.
And, after the old man finished his story telling, the words of my friend Shinken, words of a kid full of hope:
"One day we will rule the world,
to free our kind".

One day, the homins will be united.
One day, the kitins will only be a souvenir.
One day our powers/guilds will be so developed that trainors will be recruited by guild leader and would teach us some long forgotten skills/power direct from guild halls.
One day we will all be one.

And the old man died, but still the stories were so alive inside us that the dreams transformed in hope.
And everyday we were fighting toward those objectives, getting stronger to free our kind, facing many deaths and deadly wild life of this planet to go meet the other homins scattered around the planet.
And death we faced many times to open new worlds, new continents, create new links and new friendships, everyday closer to our goal: "one day we will rule the world...to free our kind".

The dreams of the old man became our way of life.
Even the kitins started to fear us and they started attack the different homins fronts in a effort to push us back; but our hope was strong and our strength was increasing.
The new born homins were welcomed and taken care of, as we were ourselves during our young days.

Peace settled in, daily training, travelling and discovery; new friendship, new trade routes..

And time went by....
But time is a killer....

The dream/hope was still very much there but the goal/future wasn't as much precise as its used to be. The old man was gone and noone was there to keep the fire burning.
The gods seen us hesitating about the futur sent a messenger to re-activate our flame and re-motivate the troops.
But the new legends were not as precise as the old man tales and the feeling started that our fate wasn't ours anymore. The tales were more confusing and the gods were directing our lives, freedom was getting away from us.
Though, in every homin blood the flame was still burning for freedom and a better world.
The messengers of the gods started to split.
The fights for power started, not for the homins but for the gods themselves.
Most of the homins enrolled in the war for power following promisses of the gods of new power to be given only to the worthy.
And the homins started to lose.
Noone was here anymore to care for the childrens, men and women were too busy fighting, the lands were deserted, no more travels between the continents as war was raging, the dream was far, the old man was forgotten, the kitins were smiling in their liar: what they didn't achieved, the gods were doing for them.
The caravans and trade started becoming rarer every day.
The long time friends started avoiding each others.
Most were still respecting each others but the homins were splitting apart as the dreams were fading.

All wanted to rule to world...
But most forgot their own kind..

Some signs were showing that this would only be the beginning, the war would spread more, the toll would rise harder, the childrens may not see any homin alive to guide their first steps...

Lets just hope some remember the old man..
Lets just hope the gods would let us fulfill our destiny..
Lets just hope the kitins do not win by lack of opponents..
Lets just hope we can rule the world only to free our kind...

"we want to rule the world, to free our kind" (Shinken, Poete-healer)
Do not forget the old man words!

Too much PvP is bad for your sanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
holy crap I went to bed as jackoba and woke up sounding like jyudas :P
Old October 30th, 2005, 03:18 AM   #2
sipanek

Re: Dreamcatcher? NO: Dreamkillerz ...

A good story with a good point.

Thank you for sharing this with us, i will take it to heart.
Old October 30th, 2005, 08:27 AM   #3
certago

*sighs* your post really hit my heart, and YES I remember that old man... I always worked for his vision and until some weeks ago we were quite many to keep his flame burning... but finally...

Maybe one day I'll tell a story like that from my own, because my youth on Atys was so incredible I still remember most days like they were yesterday...

Maybe I'll find my words before my memories vanish...

*bows deeply*

Greets Sorenal
Old October 30th, 2005, 10:13 AM   #4
lennie12

Incredible post. The by far best thing I have read on these forums for a while.
Old October 30th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #5
thosholm

Thank You for that great post. It very much describes how I feel at the moment. Like my will to play, my joy at playing is being leached away, leaving behind just a great sense of loss.
Old October 30th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #6
geasa

Thank you for this.
Old October 30th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #7
carrie

Great post ....right to the heart. Thank-you for sharing it.
Old October 30th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #8
thebax

Thank you very much, this sums up the sadness I feel very well.

*mixed emoticon, bittersweet*
Old October 30th, 2005, 05:48 PM   #9
killgore

Geat post. Maybe it will cause some to refocus on what our original goal was.Reclaiming our birthright and history from our enemy the kitin not killing ourselves off in some religious furor.
Old October 30th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #10
morzyr

Really good one gillest.

Did you see the one made by zyrom in the saga section?