Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Any plans for PVP in scenarios?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Any plans for PVP in scenarios? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=27126)

daperez November 9th, 2006 10:55 PM

Any plans for PVP in scenarios?

I'm just a newcomer to Ryzom (I plan to activate my account as soon as I get a hold of things on the newbie island), but the Ryzom Ring feature seems very interesting. I'd like to start playing around with it as soon as I get a hang for the game.

I do wonder though, if there are any plans (or existing methods that I'm just unaware of) to create scenarios for small-scale PVP-ability in the Ring. I believe there's a limit to how many players can be in there at a time, but even designing scenarios for 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, etc would be an awesome option. I don't think you'd have to change all that much; just add the ability to sort players into teams and maybe an interface for what constitutes a victory.

I think it would add a whole new dimension to the Ring and also to the game by increasing the PVP opportunities in the game without burdening the existing core game and their designers with overly complex territory, team, and skill balancing issues that instead can be left up to the player.

daperez November 9th, 2006 11:09 PM

Re: Any plans for PVP in scenarios?

Eh, on second thought, looking at that wish list, it seems they have enough on their hands without asking for such a huge addition quite yet...

forever November 10th, 2006 01:28 AM

Re: Any plans for PVP in scenarios?

PvP is planned for scenarios, when it will be added only the Devs know. ;)