Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 9th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #1
daperez

Question Any plans for PVP in scenarios?

I'm just a newcomer to Ryzom (I plan to activate my account as soon as I get a hold of things on the newbie island), but the Ryzom Ring feature seems very interesting. I'd like to start playing around with it as soon as I get a hang for the game.

I do wonder though, if there are any plans (or existing methods that I'm just unaware of) to create scenarios for small-scale PVP-ability in the Ring. I believe there's a limit to how many players can be in there at a time, but even designing scenarios for 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, etc would be an awesome option. I don't think you'd have to change all that much; just add the ability to sort players into teams and maybe an interface for what constitutes a victory.

I think it would add a whole new dimension to the Ring and also to the game by increasing the PVP opportunities in the game without burdening the existing core game and their designers with overly complex territory, team, and skill balancing issues that instead can be left up to the player.
daperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #2
daperez

Re: Any plans for PVP in scenarios?

Eh, on second thought, looking at that wish list, it seems they have enough on their hands without asking for such a huge addition quite yet...
daperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:28 AM   #3
forever

Re: Any plans for PVP in scenarios?

PvP is planned for scenarios, when it will be added only the Devs know.
forever is offline   Reply With Quote