Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Why I Choose Karavan
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Why I Choose Karavan (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=28224)

kyesmith January 13th, 2007 06:28 PM

Re: Why I Choose Karavan

Quote:

Originally Posted by aardnebb
LOL! you ever read Rundll's sig?

Rundll is a member of Order of the Nameless. OotN is a member of the KA.

Funny post!

Didnt you know the kami are evil, we started everything bad on atys, DUH

*sarcasm for those who couldnt figure it out*

sprite January 13th, 2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

LOL! you ever read Rundll's sig?

Rundll is a member of Order of the Nameless. OotN is a member of the KA.

Have you read it recently?

And by your logic I can assume that you're a person who enjoys photographing short/little girls. I'm sure you'd object to that characterisation, so lets just try and keep these threads free from personal comments. Sasa is entitled to express his opinion on the relative moralities of each side without being personal, just as you are, but he managed it and you didn't.

0balgus0 January 13th, 2007 08:21 PM

(Reminds all it's a stickied thread. Let's not fight. <3 all)

aardnebb January 13th, 2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprite
Have you read it recently?

And by your logic I can assume that you're a person who enjoys photographing short/little girls. I'm sure you'd object to that characterisation, so lets just try and keep these threads free from personal comments. Sasa is entitled to express his opinion on the relative moralities of each side without being personal, just as you are, but he managed it and you didn't.

Ahh its changed has it? new public relations ploy?

No, the factual inaccuraccies were the issue, not oppinions. I think there is a fairly wide difference in your example and mine, but lets play nice. And he didnt manage it, "naming no names but I have seen group X do Y" is not impersonal, its just unspecific.

sasaj January 13th, 2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

No, the factual inaccuraccies were the issue, not oppinions. I think there is a fairly wide difference in your example and mine, but lets play nice. And he didnt manage it, "naming no names but I have seen group X do Y" is not impersonal, its just unspecific.

I'm not going to blame/shame on this forum. This thread is for Karavan supporters to express their reasons for that. If you don't like my opinion contact me in game or make another thread somewhere, but keep this one clean. Maybe I don't think that your guild is really neutral, but i didn't ruin "Why i choose neutral" thread. Have respect.

nazak07 January 14th, 2007 03:45 PM

The Main reason I chose karavan in the first place was due to the guild that became my home already being karavan aligned. There are two reasons I stay with Karavan. Although I have a good deal of kami friends for the most part I can get along better with Karavan members in game. Secondly I find that the karavan are more of knowledge seekers, searching for ways to know more and better cure the blight spreading over Atys. Whereas Kami are more of the destroy it type, which in my opinion will do nothing to help atys but cause mindless destruction. So in this aspect I see Karavan as trying to help Atys. When it comes to digging, karavan are accused of exploiting resources. Though I do not see Kami any better in this aspect. They still dig and take just as much as the Karavan and this is a little bit of hypocrisy in my opinion and I can't follow such things. I know the karavan aren't perfect but I can identify with there ideals more then the Kami side. As for going neutral, if it was possible to be a true neutral, without being a merc and still have any benefits I might have stayed neutral. I don't support the sword for hire view of many of the neutrals (Not true for all), in my opinion that is very selfish more so then the followers of jena or ma-duk.

Also please stay out of other factions threads, no matter whom you are, this is to inform new players, not to spread hate between factions.

killgore January 15th, 2007 03:36 PM

Ballistic Mystix moved to Atys after the hated EA killed our beloved Earth and Beyond. Our GL Rakujitsu,Oshido and Soma planted our flag firmly in Tryker. I soon followed and loved the early halcyon days on Atys. All was new everyone was small and hominkind supported each other to salvage our culture from the the destruction wrought from the kitin.As faction loomed on the horizon Ballistic Mystix and our dearest friends and allies formed the nuetral HOPE Alliance. It's goals were to maintain the early feeling of community we enjoyed at launch. It was a noble ideal which as time progressed became increasingly impractical to maintain. We as a guild decided to follow the "Karavan for tps" approach. As time progressed Rak,Osh and Soma moved on and I became GL.Events on Atys finally determined that we as a guild must commit to a side. At the time the Kami were dominate and we decided that as Trykers and with a background in EnB a futuristic tech based game that the Karavan best fit our ideals. For me personally I never saw a Karavan harm a homin but had witnessed and experienced being killed digging with low Kami Tolerance. The Karavan saved us and never harmed us so I follow them.-Kil

cielchan February 27th, 2007 08:23 AM

Because I had no luck with the dice :p Odd for Kami, even for Karavan... showed a 4 :D

japamala February 27th, 2007 09:39 AM

I chose karavan because, as I see it, the karavan....

oh to hell with it, the Karavan have space-ships! I can't say no to that.

johnne February 28th, 2007 05:03 PM

I grew up on a simple farm. It was just me, my twin sister Irreana and my father who took it upon himself to raise us both on his own. Mother had died giving birth to us and he often blamed himself for that misfortune. In a way, he saw everything he did as a sort of penitance for the sins that lead to her demise. But he made us feel safe and secure. He provided us a home and taught us the value of faith in Jena. We were happy, too... but that changed.

One day, my father had asked Irreana and me to stay inside and not do any work outside. He wouldn't explain why and I could tell he was greatly disturbed by something. I watched him head out into the field that day to work the land as he usually did. Irreana, who was always more rebellious, decided to defy him. I tried to convince her to obey and stay inside but it was no use. The horror I witnessed that day still haunts me. I watched in shock as the Kami came and slaughtered them both.

It is that memory that still burns in my mind... and fuels the fires of contempt that I hold for every follower of theirs that I see. They will pay for what they took from me. One day, their deaths will be avenged and I will stop at nothing to see that happen.

((Every story has two sides... this is just one.))