Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Ryzom acronyms
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Ryzom acronyms (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32120)

xl2i5 July 3rd, 2008 08:55 PM

Re: Ryzom acronyms

i agree with the logic behind putting it in alphabetical order.. but maybe you can add some more info...

for example..

AoD = Avatar of Destruction (Player Title/ 250lvl Elemental Magic)
CP = Care Plan (Providing assistance for Digging)
KoD = Knoll of Descent (Region in Forest)
KoD = Knot of Dementia (Region in Jungle)

maybe thats taking it too far.. i just think if a newbie is looking at it.. they might think an Avatar of Destruction is a region.. or might not have a clue what Care Plan is/or is related to.

more info the better in my book..

xl2i5 July 3rd, 2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterider
Ankle-biter = citizen of the Lakes :p

aka Leg Humper.

xzizoux July 3rd, 2008 08:56 PM

MPA
ty
pls
yw
ttyl

some i didnt read yet

iphdrunk July 3rd, 2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
Tryker -> smartass

* spilled coffee all around *.... Huge LOL

sidusar July 3rd, 2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xl2i5
but maybe you can add some more info...

Yes Jez, I agree completely. :) I was planning on doing this later, right now I'm kept busy just collecting them all.

But, I don't want to take it too far. Just a few words description. To properly explain what an 'OP -> outpost' is to a new player, would take an entire article...

Feel free to suggest descriptions too though! Saves me work ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xzizoux
some i didnt read yet

That's because they're general MMO acronyms and we haven't yet decided whether to put those in or not... but thanks anyways, I shall store them in a seperate list for now. :)

xl2i5 July 3rd, 2008 09:23 PM

description key...

(Region of Atys)
(Skill)
(Ryzom Term)
(Race Related)
(Action)

eh i dunno.. youre right it is a bit much.. i noticed when i tried to make a short description for CP.

whiterider July 3rd, 2008 09:29 PM

Maybe colour code them?

Place
Skill related
Gear related
Crafting related (Which reminds me, q/ql)
General/Misc

sidusar July 3rd, 2008 09:33 PM

Same one I got stuck on. ;) It's another of those that really needs a whole article to explain to newbies. Perhaps for those I could put in a link to an existing article...

Regions and such can be done pretty easy in comparison.

That's a good idea Nysha, but gah, do you know how much work that would be? :p

And sorry about your coffee Ani :D

whiterider July 3rd, 2008 09:35 PM

Give me the finished list and I'll do it. If I start then I can avail myself of enough OCD-based momentum to finish :p

xl2i5 July 3rd, 2008 09:39 PM

good idear nysha.. it can be simpler words.. i mean its meant for a quick reference anyways.. my main point is that itd be nice for someone to see..
KoD = Knoll of Descent (Place)

:D