Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Ryzom acronyms
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Ryzom acronyms (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32120)

iceaxe68 July 5th, 2008 01:43 AM

Re: Ryzom acronyms

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
The purpose of this thread is to collect a more or less complete list of Ryzom acronyms for new players. ...snip...

Thanks for following through (and for beating me to it ;))

eriu3 July 5th, 2008 02:08 PM

RoS-Ruins of Silan
port-variation of TP/teleportation
DC-disconnected
LD-link dead/disconnected
GC-Guild Chat
Nev-Nevrax
GF-GameForge
DoT-Damage over Time
nuke-Offensive elemental magic spell
con-concentration/constitution
KA-kami alliance/karavan alliance (one of us should really change our name lol)
vamp-vampire spell
inv-invulnrability/invite
mats-materials
KT-Kami Tolerance
CP-Care Plan
SP-Skill Points
Hpm-Hits per minute
GM-Gamemaster/Guild Meeting
CSR-Customer Service Representative
PS-Paramount Stock
KL-Kitin Larvea
pop-Aminal herd respawning/supreme materials becoming available/outpost guards appearing
inc-incomming attackers
add-additional animal joining the fight
mobs-animals/creatures
npc-non playing character
aff-affliction
vent-ventrilo
TS-Team Speak
XP-experience points

maybee include in a subsection some general internet terms?
LOL
AFK
GL
BRB
TC
BB
etc

Icenn

ffxjosh July 5th, 2008 02:22 PM

SW - Spiderweb ;)

sidusar July 5th, 2008 03:08 PM

Nice job on that list Icenn, and here I thought we'd had about all of them, can't believe I missed so many :o

Yeah, there's general internet acronyms and then general MMO acronyms too, but I figure there's already plenty of lists of them out there...

Are people actually using SW - Spiderweb? I don't want to make up acronyms just to fill the list :p

whiterider July 5th, 2008 03:13 PM

I think SpiderWeb will gain their nickname when we have some idea what they're like :D
Although I suppose it could by SW either way, SuperWeb or S****yWeb :p

ffxjosh July 6th, 2008 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar

Are people actually using SW - Spiderweb? I don't want to make up acronyms just to fill the list :p

Yeah, no one is using it. Just thought i'd (attempt to) be funny.

muadhib July 6th, 2008 11:30 AM

Not an acronym, but an interesting read for newbies interested in the basics of the game, can be found at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saga_of_Ryzom

sidusar July 7th, 2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffxjosh
Yeah, no one is using it. Just thought i'd (attempt to) be funny.

Ah okies, I thought so and my reply was meant on a joking tone back :) But I thought I should ask just to be sure... I don't frequent Klients so who knows what kind of weird acronyms are sprouting there...

sidusar July 9th, 2008 02:24 AM

I think we have about all the important ones then...

I color-coded the list, added some info where I could think of any, and made a seperate list for guilds. Anything I forgot? :)

iceaxe68 July 9th, 2008 03:07 AM

SP = sticky plz :)