Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Designer ideas if function allows
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Designer ideas if function allows (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32706)

nuitwaters September 9th, 2008 08:39 PM

Designer ideas if function allows

So I was thinking about how much new players may have missed in terms of lore and old events and was trying to think of a way to incorporate this into the Ring. Think how cool it would be to be able to essentially go back in time via the Ring terminal and relive events and aspects of the Lore.

Now I'm sure many players are doing or have already done events based around the lore but if it could be done so well and then supported by the staff in a way that they are "hallmark" ring events and then kept live always by the staff of the game, how cool would that be?

(darn run on sentences)

I plan on my next event to be based around the Trykers freedom from the Matis and in some way let the player have a part in that. Im curious what other ideas would be good for events that could be considered hallmark or keystone? The attack in Pyr? Wasn't there the breakthrough in a wall between Fyros and Zorai at one point? I'm asking mainly because I unfortunately forget.

sidusar September 11th, 2008 03:34 PM

Re: Designer ideas if function allows

I think making Ring scenarios based on historical events would be great idea. :) There's several lore events pre-Swarming (the fire of Coriolis, the battle of Karavia, the company of Loria), several post-Swarming (the arrival in the new Lands, the autumn wars) and several actually played out events (the tunnel opening between the desert and the jungle, the temple wars, the marauder invasions) that you could probably base a Ring scenario on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuitwaters
if it could be done so well and then supported by the staff in a way that they are "hallmark" ring events and then kept live always by the staff of the game

This was originally the intention - that the best Ring scenarios would be permanently hosted by the game staff. Just never got off the ground. :o