Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 20th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #1
raynes

Ryzom Ring Points and Scenarios on Test

I asked this in clients and did not get an answer so maybe I can get one here.

Scenarios on the ring are character based as far as I can see. Meaning that you need to pick a character to build a scenario. You also gain ring points based upon how much that character explores.

They also said that any stuff you create in the ring beta will be carried over to the live server.

Well if you characters are different on the ATS, how will that carry over to the live version?
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #2
forever

Re: Ryzom Ring Points and Scenarios on Test

Scenarios are not character based, any one of your character could work on the map. You could also give the .r2 file to a friend and as long as their account had the ring points to work on it they could help build the map as well.
forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #3
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever
Scenarios are not character based, any one of your character could work on the map. You could also give the .r2 file to a friend and as long as their account had the ring points to work on it they could help build the map as well.

Thrn how do ring points work? It's based upon what spawn points you have in the game and that is charater based.
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 02:04 AM   #4
kibsword

Any character can access a scenario if they have the Ring points to my knowledge. So you may have 1 character that has the points to edit it, but an alt doesn't. A friend also has the ring points and can edit it, but another one doesn't.

The only thing thats character based are ring points, scenarios arn't. Ring points do restrict which scenarios people can access, but scenarios arn't tied to individual characters.
kibsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:01 AM   #5
marct

I thought this was based on account not characters within that account. Menaing that if one of your characters had a spawn point that another didn't, it would count towards your sum total.

It sounds like we need a clarification from Marjo.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #6
nephy13

I have alts in different areas and they have access to entirely different things in the Ring editor based on their individual Knowledge of Atys scores. It would be really nice if the editor used a merged score to unlock components, since keeping them seperate is annoying for people who like alting but want to create globe-trotting scenarios. I better get trekking with at least one of them, I suppose...
nephy13 is offline   Reply With Quote