Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #15
chibiarc

Re: The ring is an awesome feature.....but

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseke
simple solution to your final problem arc:

display all scenarios in the list, but allow only x amount to be "active"...

soooh, say you have a list of 50 scenarios, of which only 15 can be active at one time. Add a counter to the top of the window to show how many "activity slots" are available, so players aren't surprised if they can't launch the scenario of their liking.

The maximum amount can easily be raised if more server resources become available.
This does not solve the problems I presented. Scenarios perma blocking the slots, fair play towards new scenarios and equal time sharing. The goal is, if there has to be limitations, to make them fair and equal to everyone.

So what if your list contains the most popular 15 scenarios and they are running all the time and a newcomer wishes to present his / her first work. It might not be good nor his / her name known, but he / she has the same right (even more imho) to have his / he first work hosted.

That's what I meant with a credit system, the longer one has to wait, the higher is the priority for his / her scenario to be launched next.

I do agree to Kaetemi, however if you remember some of Xtarsias Scenarios with massive Kitins and AI going on, it was slowing down the ring. If the current system can handle 50+ Scenarios and nobody notices any slowdown, perfect!

I was just assuming this might not be the case and therefore presenting a solution to limiting.

arc
chibiarc is offline   Reply With Quote