Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring > Adventure designers hints and exchanges
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 12th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #1
kiexa

What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring?

I`ll start off:

-dead homin

-tryker town platforms

-more town buildings

-a key graphic as one of the scenario objects

-goo damage

(sorry if any of these are now in, not played ring for a while)
kiexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 05:49 PM   #2
marct

Re: What ryzom objects would you like to see in the ring?

Can't you put an NPC in the scenario, and on the Scenario start event add an event that kills them?

I thought killing was an event option on people and creatures.

A Key of all the possible events and action on each type of item would be nice.

I would like more than anything else for barriers to be de-spawnable.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #3
kiexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct
Can't you put an NPC in the scenario, and on the Scenario start event add an event that kills them?

I thought killing was an event option on people and creatures.

A Key of all the possible events and action on each type of item would be nice.

I would like more than anything else for barriers to be de-spawnable.

yep you can, but thier bodies disappear after a short time i think. was thinking more ruined city, totally dead population sort of thing. agree on the barriers thing, missed that ability alot same with landslides unlocking pathways (or blocking them) etc
kiexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #4
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiexa
yep you can, but thier bodies disappear after a short time i think. was thinking more ruined city, totally dead population sort of thing. agree on the barriers thing, missed that ability alot same with landslides unlocking pathways (or blocking them) etc

Yeah, spawning and despawning trees/tents/landslips would be nice.

You CAN do it by triggering a transition to the next chapter and adding/removing them, but it's a clumsy workaround at best.
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 11:38 PM   #5
sidusar

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim
Yeah, spawning and despawning trees/tents/landslips would be nice.
That's at the top of my wishlist too. Events like despawning a building and respawning a ruin in it's place come to mind.

Another wish - ability to group different kinds of entities together. I want to be able to create guards with trained ragus, or use cratcha as tower defenses. (Which is not unrealistic, go look at the Siblings of the Weeds camp, they have cratcha tower defenses.)

And as has already been suggested - more control over who my entities should and should not attack on sight. If I want to have two rival bandit groups, they do need to fight eachother.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:22 PM   #6
khyle

Ryzom objects I'd like to see in the ring

I'd like to see the rest of the civilian clutter, e.g. the triangular boxes seen at some camps and on the packers, and more of that unique-to-Atys kind of stuff; I'd like to see pot plants like there once were in Pyr (pre-beta) (and I'd also like to see them in Pyr, not only in R˛ ); I'd like players to be able to have mounts inside R˛ scenarios, I'd like to have larger scenario areas, or at least areas not "on the bottom of a well"

Apart from that, I'm looking forward enthusiastically to all the possibilities the Ring brings
khyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #7
marct

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiexa
Ahh, I wasn't sure if it disappeared if you seelcted it to not be respawnable.

I would like if dead homins are introduced for them to still be targetable and have all the events that a live one has. Maybe a checkbox to make them not disappear would be good. Make this for all types of NPC's, and possibly even mobs. Dead guards bring to mind different things than dead civilians or dead rogue/cut throats.

The ability to have a dead homin talk would be interesting too.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #8
jamela

Bodies lying around and never being reclaimed by Atys would be inconsistent with Ryzom. I always did find the persistent ribcages and spines a little incongruous but assumed that they were tainted by goo.

Apart from the larger buildings typical of the towns - not the tribe villages - and the outpost buildings, I think the library of scenery items is pretty much complete. I would like to be able to interact with them, however, like the crates on Silan, for example. Search and find.

I'd love to see water features and bridges like at Thesos, but that's map editing and not going to happen in the short term.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #9
kaetemi

Location: Lembeek, Belgium E-mail: [email protected] NeL Developer

talking yubos...
kaetemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #10
zanthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamela
Bodies lying around and never being reclaimed by Atys would be inconsistent with Ryzom. I always did find the persistent ribcages and spines a little incongruous but assumed that they were tainted by goo.

Apart from the larger buildings typical of the towns - not the tribe villages - and the outpost buildings, I think the library of scenery items is pretty much complete. I would like to be able to interact with them, however, like the crates on Silan, for example. Search and find.

I'd love to see water features and bridges like at Thesos, but that's map editing and not going to happen in the short term.
I can understand where you are coming from here but for effect a much slower decay rate would be nice so the village doesn't look like a ghost town when the party gets there!
zanthar is offline   Reply With Quote