Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 26th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #1
brithlem

"Official" Reply

"Official" being in quotes because I feel Syne, Zry, and Noh have all posted fairly succiently on this topic... not to mention that Basic and Locky have touched on it pretty solidly as well.

But... as it has been requested... here is the "official" Infinity post:

Roots diggers:
If we don't get along.... beware. If we're cool / don't know ya... you have nothing to worry about.

I can only think of one person we've actually dropped over a supernode.... her name will remain annymous as I don't feel it right to bring other people into a thread without their own consent.

We have dropped a guild on top of a supernode source before. But... and this is a big but... it was not over the mats.

Another player I won't bring into this without his consent and I were on our way to the super amber node... we got a great vorax add... spent 10 mins running about trying not to wipe but finally did. A player from the guild we dropped came over... looked at us... and left. So... when our guys came... we got our rez and dropped the other guild. Later the guild came back and dug supreme right next to us... we didn't touch them... they didn't touch us. We hit them because they left us for dead. Pretty simple. We could have dropped them when supreme was up... proof was in the fact that we dropped them 5 mins earlier ... we didn't because we felt that situation was over and were ready to move on.

Further... We've dug next to Melinoe, Omega, ON, Yoshi, KoO... the list goes on and on...

Large guilds that could perhaps whoop us... and small guilds / solo diggers that wouldn't stand a chance.

If you need someone to hate / fear... we're happy to be it... but if you actually look at what's being presented you'll realize the only people that need fear us already know who they are... and more importantly why.

Peace, love, dove,

Last edited by brithlem : July 26th, 2005 at 11:26 AM.
brithlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:52 AM   #2
archerke

Re: "Official" Reply

[quote=brithlemFurther... We've dug next to Melinoe, Omega, ON, Yoshi, KoO... the list goes on and on...[/QUOTE]

i can 2nd that, never had trouble with infinity or omegaV on supernodes, basic and i whiped out many kinchers together and the occasional voraxes to dig supreme mats side by side

we're not allied whatsoever just guess we respect eachother as pr diggers.
archerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:22 AM   #3
keoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithlem
the only people that need fear us already know who they are... and more importantly why.
Actually, it's not necessarily the case that those you are hostile towards are aware of your current intent. When Infinity took a hostile stance towards Ouroborus Nocturna not that long ago, we only learned of that intent from one of your ex-members. The rationale for that hostility was never fully communicated, and if your stance has changed we have yet to be informed.

So, just by way of clarity since this is a thread for 'official' Infinity replies - does Infinity remain hostile towards ON, and if so - why?

Cheers...
keoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:25 AM   #4
totnkopf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithlem
I can only think of one person we've actually dropped over a supernode.... her name will remain annymous as I don't feel it right to bring other people into a thread without their own consent.

dropped, yes, but 23 mats too slow
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 04:43 AM   #5
virii

Quote:
Originally Posted by totnkopf
dropped, yes, but 23 mats too slow
* fluffles *
virii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:48 AM   #6
brithlem

haha awesome Morgy....

:::shakes fist at all the sneaky bastages:::
brithlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #7
gaspode1

Well, a few things need to be said.

First of all I'm sorry the original thread was closed and the reply from zyrix deleted. I briefly glanced at it last night but didn't have time to reply. I did my best to keep this on a mature and reasoned level even though I suspected it would rouse strong feelings when I started the thread. I know for a fact that I did not use any foul language and I hope none of my posts were considered derogatory. If they were I apologise unreservedly, that was never my intention.

Second, I hope many people saw the deleted response in the hour or so before it was deleted. When I glanced at it, I sort of felt it meant I've had my say & Infinity have had their chance to respond and anyone reading the thread could then make their own mind up. Whether they choose to make the reply again without the bad language is, obviously, up to them. As I say, from what I remember of it I don't think I would then pursue the matter any further.

Finally, what Brithlem says here seems to me to be greatly different to what other Infinity members have said is guild policy so I'm currently a bit confused. Nothing new there then! However, Brithlem is the leader and I don't doubt his word if he states that is their guild policy. I just hope I'm interpreting what he says correctly. It reads to me that they do NOT have policy of killing anyone who digs a supreme node that they want. That means I no longer have to consider a shunning policy.

Anyway, in a few weeks I expect to be able to dig PR at a fairly high level and may even be starting to look for supreme nodes. I suppose I'll find out at that point for sure whether I'm in the 'we don't get along' or the 'cool/don't know ya' category. At worst it'll cost me a DP to find out. Do I need to say that if I do get a DP I won't even be posting about it because this was never an issue about me personally (at least as far as I was concerned) - well, I suppose I've said it.

And now I just hope that nothing is said by anyone that I feel a need to respond to. I'd much rather just play the game.
gaspode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:32 AM   #8
totnkopf

you don't get DP from PvP
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:41 AM   #9
jamela

And I think that everyone who has said they might drop you without warning if you run up to them unannounced, also said they would offer to rezz you afterwards, anyway, so you needn't even use a ticket.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #10
gaspode1

Oh well, shows how much I (don't) know about the game.

End result will be the same - I'll know where I stand - or drop.
gaspode1 is offline   Reply With Quote