Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 26th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #11
gaspode1

Re: "Official" Reply

Ouch - just looked at what I said and it seemes really terse. Wasn't meant to be. Thank you both for the advice.
gaspode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #12
basicart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspode1
Ouch - just looked at what I said and it seemes really terse. Wasn't meant to be. Thank you both for the advice.

Aya its things like the moral thread and people whining about pvp that really makes me wanna go out and start ganking.
basicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM   #13
micrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicart
Aya its things like the moral thread and people whining about pvp that really makes me wanna go out and start ganking.

Be fair basic. This is just a way to play. Like you like the challange of a human controlled opponent. I dont mind such. Both "factions" could live togehter on Arispotle.

The "moralist" and non-PvP players are no question. They do not harm anyone.

I can only speak for myself. Make it consensual. If i am entering an area someone is claiming for himself, if i am digging mats someone is claiming for himself, if i am wearing the wrong cloth, then tell me. A simple "fight or get lost" is sufficient.

We should stop this subject until Devs introduced the flags. After that everything will be clear(er). Those who flagged PvP will get a gameplay close to open PvP. The others will be as save as usual. At least this is how i understood the Dev-letters.
micrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #14
dazman76

Quote:

"Aya", and it's thinking like that which will empty the server of decent players, and leave you PvPing with your 50-100 ganking friends Oh what fun, I can't think of a better use for several high-powered clustered servers...

Sorry basic, but this one reply alone opens your thinking for all to see, and it's not pretty. I'm not on either side of the PvP argument (for various reasons), but when the pro-PvP side is being represented by posts like the one above, it's easy to see why so many people's backs are up. A lot of the animosity towards you comes not from a hatred of PvP, but from a dislike of certain player types and their IRL way of thinking.
dazman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #15
turjake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazman76
Sorry basic, but this one reply alone opens your thinking for all to see, and it's not pretty. I'm not on either side of the PvP argument (for various reasons), but when the pro-PvP side is being represented by posts like the one above, it's easy to see why so many people's backs are up. A lot of the animosity towards you comes not from a hatred of PvP, but from a dislike of certain player types and their IRL way of thinking.

Ohh but they're roleplaying the evil ones aren't they? I'll go get a better seat while waiting the massive inguild and between guild wars to start in Omega V and Infinity.

... or were they just Raistlin wannabe evils...
turjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #16
kratos84

Quote:
Originally Posted by turjake
I'll go get a better seat while waiting the massive inguild and between guild wars to start in Omega V and Infinity.

So someone pointed out the obvious...

To become skeptical of Infinity's rationale, one only has to look at the newfound love between Infinity and OmegaV. Just a few months ago Basic swore to destroy Infinity and decided to shun all its members after two of them killed a named mob OmegaV was camping. And now they are here holding hands and sweet talking, after enraging much of the community and suddenly finding each other so amicable because they both agree on one thing, which is, ironically, that they should kill other homins. Perhaps no one would have complained if the members of the two guilds simply murdered the hell out of one another and left the rest of us alone. But what we are seeing instead is two PvP guilds of opposing faction and conflicting mat needs telling us they are allied in some sort of so called team work to threaten the rest of us. Guess that completely sinks their 'roleplaying' and 'playing the game like the devs intended' justification of their unwelcome behaviors, leaving perhaps only they are doing it simply because they can. This is further reinforced by my experience with the low/mid level Infinity/ OmegaV members, who can't join what their multiple lvl 250 guildies are doing - the low/mid level players are all friendly, social peeps who want no violence, and when pressed to express their views on the matter, almost always reply saying they are too low in the hierarchy of the guild to have a say over its policy. I don't know if they will be converted when they get high level and bored, but right now I only feel sorry about them for having chosen the wrong guilds.

Last edited by kratos84 : July 26th, 2005 at 04:47 PM.
kratos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #17
basicart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos84
So someone pointed out the obvious...

To become skeptical of Infinity's rationale, one only has to look at the newfound love between Infinity and OmegaV. Just a few months ago Basic swore to destroy Infinity and decided to shun all its members after two of them killed a named mob OmegaV was camping. And now they are here holding hands and sweet talking, after enraging much of the community and suddenly finding each other so amicable because they both agree on one thing, which is, ironically, that they should kill other homins. Perhaps no one would have complained if the members of the two guilds simply murdered the hell out of one another and left the rest of us alone. But what we are seeing instead is two PvP guilds of opposing faction and conflicting mat needs telling us they are allied in some sort of so called team work to threaten the rest of us. Guess that completely sinks their 'roleplaying' and 'playing the game like the devs intended' justification of their unwelcome behaviors, leaving perhaps only they are doing it simply because they can. This is further reinforced by my experience with the low/mid level Infinity/ OmegaV members, who can't join what their multiple lvl 250 guildies are doing - the low/mid level players are all friendly, social peeps who want no violence, and when pressed to express their views on the matter, almost always reply saying they are too low in the hierarchy of the guild to have a say over its policy. I don't know if they will be converted when they get high level and bored, but right now I only feel sorry about them for having chosen the wrong guilds.

People that know me know me to be a fair player that helps out alot and PvPs, people that dont think im some kinda ganker that gos around PR nuking any old digger just for laughs.

Our low / mid lvl guild members benerfit with our guilds being allies with more and more teams for them to play in and higher lvl peeps are always willing to power lvl them. We have a CoC on our site that all guild members must sign regarding PvP and such so please dont think we arnt united on this or any matter.

And just as a add wasnt you once OOC and other guilds? seems to me your the one finding it hard to settle down.
There is nothing i wont give or do for any member of OmegaV this is why i fight for them if they are attacked or such insted of whining on the forums about it i act out.
basicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #18
mrshad

Quote:
i act out.

Indeed.

Basic, historically we have gotten along pretty well.

I am sad to see OV abandon the last remaining pretences of thier roleplay SoR. You were all a strong part of Jena's force.

As the game moves more and more into PvP conflict instead of actual content, many of us will simply move on. After all, why should we keep paying for the 'privilage' of dealing with the gank-kids, when it is certianly not what we want to do. When handling gank-kids, the only way to win is to ignore them.

Saying SoR has potential is something of an insult, really. Potential means that you are capable of much more than you are acheiving. I fear, that instead of using the potential of the game, focusing on PvP will relagate SoR to that long list of games that 'could have been great'.
mrshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #19
iwojimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamela
And I think that everyone who has said they might drop you without warning if you run up to them unannounced, also said they would offer to rezz you afterwards, anyway, so you needn't even use a ticket.

technical question from a PR virgin.
how do you res someone you have just killed ?
my experience is that in PvP zones, you "cannot cast that spell on an opponent"

obviously my understanding is deficient.
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:10 PM   #20
oldmess

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwojimmy
technical question from a PR virgin.
how do you res someone you have just killed ?
my experience is that in PvP zones, you "cannot cast that spell on an opponent"

obviously my understanding is deficient.

You have to offer their dead body a chance to join your team. Once they do, you can rez them.
oldmess is offline   Reply With Quote