Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 28th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #1
gaspode1

Star Rating

I mean the star rating on Threads not mobs.

Can anyone tell me where I can find out how it works. I've had a poke about but couldn't spot anything. If there is no official explanation then does anyone know if it is based on how many people post, how many view, how quickly these actions happen, a combination of several factors or something completely different.

Thanks in advance as I feel sure someone will be able to answer this
gaspode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #2
rushin

Re: Star Rating

ummm. there is a rate thread drop down, u choose a rating? nothing more complex.
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #3
riveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspode1
Can anyone tell me where I can find out how it works.

I think it is mainly determined by the 'rate this thread' option that you have on your menu when viewing. Probably it averages all the ratings it receives, but I'm really just guessing since I'm too lazy to go read vBulletin's FAQ.
riveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #4
dazman76

You use the 'upside down pyramid' graphic next to the rating, which drops down a menu. This 'pyramid' is supposed to look something like a dropdown handle, and fails miserably

Have to admit, I didn't know how to do that either I use the 'forum tools' dropdown, but have always clicked the text itself - didn't even realise the pyramid was there!

EDIT: These pyramids could be invading our everyday lives, and we haven't even noticed it... I'm off to check for more now
dazman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:32 PM   #5
thurgond

Wink Re: Star Rating

If you have trouble reading a one star thread solo, you'll need a team of three or four to read a four star thread. That is unless your team members are using higher skill levels.
thurgond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #6
iphdrunk

Uhm, I think it ws something like this:

Every forum has a color, and a level interval, according to the most adequate age for the reader. For example, RP forums are purple, Bazar is red, etc. Then, inside a forum, you have threads... The number of stars of the threads gives the relative difficulty (e.g. in spam posts) that thread has within that particular forum. For example, a 4 star thread is pretty hard. Finally you have black star threads. One black star thread is a named thread, e.g. 'Threaï-den' and 2 star black threads are 'boss threads' like 'Threadeth' usually hard to read (they are supposed to be read by guilds' and drop supreme posts.

Uh?
iphdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #7
gaspode1

It was worth asking just to read the humourous replies but thanks for the factual ones as well

I'll assume none of the replies are due to floccinaucinihilipilification. Hope it's not against the CoC to say that
gaspode1 is offline   Reply With Quote