Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 4th, 2005, 12:14 AM   #11
glipe

Re: Discussion And Role Play Within Ryzom

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicart
If ya reread his thread ya can clearly see it wasnt ment to be posted IC at all cos hes saying things like

"What they are doing is clearly 'legal' within the Rules and CoC."

and

"However, I firmly believe that RP games have many unique features including a moral dimension."

If it was IC i dont think these OOC things would of been mentioned

If you have changed your mind on what you said then just say that or dont eather way but dont go saying ya ment it IC when clearly it wasnt.

I wasn't going to revisit what had been written in that previous topic, Basic, but yeah, you're right, obviously not all the posts were OOC. He does say that 'much' of what he wrote should have been written IC though, and as things written from the point of view of a character are taken with a lot more grace than when they are player to player, I agree. You can't take things as a big personal insult when it's coming from a fictional character.
glipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #12
gaspode1

I think Basicart misses the thrust of the arguement and is going into a side issue which most people won't really be interested in one way or the other.

So far as it goes, reread my words in the first posting of this thread "I now think that much of what I said......."

Reread Glipes summary "Much of what was previously said......"

'Much' is not 'Everything'.

Some things could still have been said in General Discussion, perhaps in a different way, and some things might have been better unsaid.

As I've already said, I'm not trying to reopen old wounds. I therefore saw no reason to go into minute detail about which points in a previous thread should fall into which category.

EDIT: I wrote the above before seeing Glipes reply.

Last edited by gaspode1 : August 4th, 2005 at 01:53 AM.
gaspode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #13
iwojimmy

I treat my "forum personae" as another alt, and -play- it slightly differently to my ingame character.. I dont want people confusing the two, so I wont sign my ingame name to my forum posts.

Ingame, cooperation and teamwork are viable traits, so "niceness" is a valid strategy ..here on the forums oratory and bluster have more punch, so it's more fun to take a harder line..
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote