Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 16th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #41
geezas

Re: Can we play too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothimar
I wonder how many people will leave if mobs/missions start dropping items that compete with player crafted stuff?

While I can understand your frustration... I am concerned with the addition of loot drops to more content.

I'll be gone so fast you won't even see a bye bye post on the boards

If NPCs start giving out gear on the mainland that is better then crafted stuff what reason is there to stay? If yubos drop daggers why make weapons at all? Just because some idiot thought it would be cool if players got a direct award for killing a rat and let them drop swords does not mean we have to have it everybloodywhere. (can you imagine this person sitting behind a desk thinking up the idea that a 20cm rat can walk around with and drop a 60cm sword when killed ? must be one hell of a genius)
geezas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #42
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezas
After reading a the first post I was confused. Reading some reply's and I still am.

Ok....let me see if I can be more specific

I simply state that the established playerbase in Ryzom should take priority over the wishes and desires of (potential) new folk.

does that make it any clearer geezas ?
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #43
geezas

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynes
Well there are lots of people who are here for ENTERTAINMENT. That ENTERTAINMENT means being able to have high level content that is rewarding. That gives me SOMETHING OTHER than what I will have GOTTEN for the first 200 levels. Because honestly if there is a new high level area that is going to give me a damn mat at the end, I won't bother.

I hope there is a cool mat there somewhere. You want a epic struggle for gear, check out these fine games:

WOW
Everquest
Anarchy-online

All the grinding for uber gear you will ever want.

Just because you don' like mats and want your instant gratification NOW NOW NOW like a little kid wanting a sweet ...
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #44
geezas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo

I simply state that the established playerbase in Ryzom should take priority over the wishes and desires of (potential) new folk.

Yes Thank you!

I have however allready joined in the fray and started posting left and right without consideration of the original post (or maybe I have, can't tell anymore after 4 pages ) in true forum spirit
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #45
rothimar

Well, from a business perspective, that probably isn't going to happen long-term. Nevrax must do what Nevrax must do to keep the power on. Believe me, I would not want to see Ryzom become another SoE/Blizzard clone, but some additions/changes/adaptations are bound to happen. In fact... they HAVE to happen.

Additionally... and with all due respect... every subscribing player is worth the same to Nevrax. Each one of those revenue streams are entitled to their opinions, and Nevrax will listen to the majority of those revenue streams. That's just business.

Quote:

rothimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #46
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1sco123
That's not true, Mugendo. The reasoning that got me out of a game was that the change they made was unnecessary. SOE had absolutely no need whatsoever to change anything about their game. And it's quite obvious that when they did the CU, they lost more than they gained.

The game changes made were not a consideration in your leaving ?...only why it was implemented ?.
My original post covers both these points...and I want to see neither reason in Ryzom.
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #47
mugendo

Quote:
Well, from a business perspective, that probably isn't going to happen long-term. Nevrax must do what Nevrax must do to keep the power on. Believe me, I would not want to see Ryzom become another SoE/Blizzard clone, but some additions/changes/adaptations are bound to happen. In fact... they HAVE to happen.

Additionally... and with all due respect... every subscribing player is worth the same to Nevrax. Each one of those revenue streams are entitled to their opinions, and Nevrax will listen to the majority of those revenue streams. That's just business.

All opinions are fine with me, My original post is expressing concern for the folk who 'might' subscribe if 'positive' feature x/y/z is implemented, and 'negative' feature a/b/c is removed.
I want the EXISTING playerbase to decide what what is positive and negative.
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #48
geezas

Quote:
The established playerbase in Ryzom should take priority over the wishes and desires of (potential) new folk.

The established playerbase has played for a while, they know the game mechanics and the reason for them. Some played in the beta or are active testers on the ATS. This gives insight into the environment and because of a the better understanding gives a more balanced and reasonable viewpoint.

But it can give a narrower view, a longing for old way's and tradition, witch if nevrax listens to older players only, can hamper gemedevelopment.

New players come from different environments, are familiar with some game mechanics, might have a fresher look on things and are generaly excited about the new environment. This gives them enthusiasm and new idea's, or features they miss that where in another game they played.

This fresh perspective can flow into daydreams about the perfect environment and a featurelist that new players wish for that isn't realy appropriate in world. If nevrax would listen to new players it could harm the world the older players live in.

So all in all I would say that nevrax should never listen to any group of players or take anything we say seriously because they can never understand what motivates the idea. Developing a MMO looks to me like trying to herd cats, so providing a environment in witch cats can have fun and not bore them seems like a good strategy to me.
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #49
rothimar

I see what you mean... though one of the problems we face is that the existing player base can't agree on what they want and don't want, or even what the original vision of the game was. Nevrax will develop Ryzom in the manner best suited for their investors and the viability of the game in financial terms, while trying as much as possible to stick to their vision of where the game should be heading. Hopefully, what the existing players CAN agree on, will be the something that would make sense financially.

Quote:
All opinions are fine with me, My original post is expressing concern for the folk who 'might' subscribe if 'positive' feature x/y/z is implemented, and 'negative' feature a/b/c is removed.
I want the EXISTING playerbase to decide what what is positive and negative.
rothimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #50
geezas

Quote:
I see what you mean... though one of the problems we face is that the existing player base can't agree on what they want and don't want, or even what the original vision of the game was. Nevrax will develop Ryzom in the manner best suited for their investors and the viability of the game in financial terms, while trying as much as possible to stick to their vision of where the game should be heading. Hopefully, what the existing players CAN agree on, will be the something that would make sense financially.

/tar rothimar
/agree

nicely put