Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 20th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #1
marct

What I find funny about the old-timers

They really didn't need a higher level cap, all they really needed was a new shard where everyone started at ZERO so they could all power level and prove how awesome they are all over again.

Pretty funny.

Disclaimer: This is all a forum based opinion as my alts are to important to me to get rid of one to visit another shard...
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #2
chessack

Re: What I find funny about the old-timers

So because a handful of forum posters apparently did this, you are going to paint all vets with the same broad brush?

C
chessack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #3
raynes

Not me. Then again I deleted my original character when I left before so now I have to rebuild it. I'm hardly powerleveling though. Would love it if someone would do that for me though. lol
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #4
marct

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessack
So because a handful of forum posters apparently did this, you are going to paint all vets with the same broad brush?

C
No, not all. The ones that had stated that they 'burned out' or had nothing to do. I have heard of a lot of folks who left and came back to play on Cho too.

I guess it is some semblance of a level playing field. Although it will not take long for the hardcore to be way ahead of the casual, and right back to the same issues I imagine.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #5
XoloX

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct
I guess it is some semblance of a level playing field. Although it will not take long for the hardcore to be way ahead of the casual, and right back to the same issues I imagine.
True already
Still... some are out there to get a challenge again, to get away from the OP hectics and their sideeffects or to simply try something different than how they had started waaays or not so ways ago...
XoloX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #6
johntf

It's not really like that although I am sick of people dropping hints about how uber they are on ari in universe etc but there's bigger annoyances than that.

People just like fresh starts, let the power levellers go ahead all they want I really don't care I just like to get on with my game and have fun.
johntf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #7
fiach

The amount of older players that I have met on Cho, that left the game over a year ago at multi 250 level characters is amazing.

Meeting long lost friends with whom I started off playing with, when ryzom was released, and now having the chance to rekindle those friendships is amazing.

we are not powerlevelling, we just happen to know what we are doing and know how to approach different problems effectively, this can hardly be construed as powerlevelling.

The only time Ari is mentiond, is when someone asks have we got characters on Ari, why be churlish and deny it, its not like we didn't earn our "stripes" there.

Its the whole freshness of it, there are no weapons or equipment to buy, its like the wild west frontier spirit, currently Im sporting Q70 armour, I can wear 110, but cannot afford it if it was on sale, or craft it.

My biggest complaint was that I could never see ryzom with a newbies eyes again, but now I can to a certain extent and that makes me feel good.
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #8
d29565

Quote:
They really didn't need a higher level cap, all they really needed was a new shard where everyone started at ZERO so they could all power level and prove how awesome they are all over again.

Are you pickin' on me? :P

Anyway, I play on both my main Ari avi, and on Cho. I play on Cho because many of my older friends are there, also-I sort of get bored on Keiko. All I end up doing is standing around at Fairhaven stables. On Cho, I get to remember the "good" times, before I even thought about Kami/Karavan, and before PvP (other than Roots and PR) were thought of, before...all of that nonsense. It's really nice.
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #9
katriell

I've made so many alts...had all five slots filled since early on. Eventually made a second account after the implementation of RoS, and filled all the slots on that one too. I've been through the old and new newbie-experiences again and again, so it all kind of mushes into making no difference to my enjoyment of the game. Except...after more than one pass through Silan, the NPE feels really contrived and boring. xD But half of my characters are stuck there due to being on a free account.

So to me, Cho isn't special. Though, I can see its merit as a new frontier. =)

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:29 AM   #10
borg9

Quote:

Pretty funny.

Disclaimer: This is all a forum based opinion as my alts are to important to me to get rid of one to visit another shard...

Glass Onion,

Do you remember the fun you had with king of the nexus, the big teams, the struggle for resources, equipement and dapper?

Do you remember having more than a few people to chat to in guild?

Do you remember the race to a title, the buzz of fast dings, the days before cats, where DP was something to avoid?

Do you remember worrying that you ql50 light armour only had a few hit points left and the only armour crafter was on in 3 hrs?

Do you remember when Ryzom was fun?

There will always be fast levelers, slow levelers, peace makers, war makers...

The thing I have found with Cho is whats on Cho stays on Cho.

Cho is Ryzom, being played as Ryzom was intended to be played, in the form it is now.

PvP, Outposts, Boss hunts, content, lots of content, people lots of people, chat lots of chat....

What more can I say.
borg9 is offline   Reply With Quote