Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 21st, 2006, 11:48 PM   #21
ajsuk

Re: What I find funny about the old-timers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundll32
I dont suppose you're talking about the people constantly flaming the pvpers pvping...in the.... pvp zone? I refuse to post in this thread again..lol.

Wheeeee what you said... *doze*
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 11:57 PM   #22
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundll32
I dont suppose you're talking about the people constantly flaming the pvpers pvping...in the.... pvp zone? I refuse to post in this thread again..lol.

No little 'miss' provocation and hardheadedness. I'm not. Gee, I wonder what behaviour could elicit such a response from people...
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:03 AM   #23
totnkopf

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven41
Sorry... But lol @ people on Cho that say its Ryzom with more content... It has the same things as Ari is with a new alt...Not having high level people around doesn't mean that it has new/more content.... Maybe I misunderstood that... I sure hope so... But I can understand the whole "new frontier" I guess...
no one said anything about content.......

When many of us started Ryzom, we received a manual that had a whole lot of glorious things in it... and none of them were in game. Outposts, pvp, etc. Even fame had no reason to it... it was simply there for you to work if you wanted to. The civ fames were the only things that actually had a tie in to the world and even then there was the Lawless tribe that allowed you to max them all out in about an hours worth of grinding (Morg on Aris has almost max fame with all 4 races from 1 lawless hunt)

With Cho, all of that has been fixed and the content that was slowly trickled into Aris is all there at once, from level 1. Its different to those that joined later on, but to those of us who have been around a long time, its a different experience, one that I find better than the experiences I had on Aris after returning from Infinity's leave. If Cho hadn't come along, I doubt I'd still be playing the game tbh
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:58 AM   #24
fiach

Quote:
Originally Posted by totnkopf
no one said anything about content.......

When many of us started Ryzom, we received a manual that had a whole lot of glorious things in it... and none of them were in game. Outposts, pvp, etc. Even fame had no reason to it... it was simply there for you to work if you wanted to. The civ fames were the only things that actually had a tie in to the world and even then there was the Lawless tribe that allowed you to max them all out in about an hours worth of grinding (Morg on Aris has almost max fame with all 4 races from 1 lawless hunt)

With Cho, all of that has been fixed and the content that was slowly trickled into Aris is all there at once, from level 1. Its different to those that joined later on, but to those of us who have been around a long time, its a different experience, one that I find better than the experiences I had on Aris after returning from Infinity's leave. If Cho hadn't come along, I doubt I'd still be playing the game tbh

What he sed
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:55 AM   #25
mugendo

I wonder if new/promised features will be added to all servers in one update ...or use Cho as a 'test' centre for feedback/practicality before adding to the established servers ?.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 03:01 AM   #26
totnkopf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
I wonder if new/promised features will be added to all servers in one update ...or use Cho as a 'test' centre for feedback/practicality before adding to the established servers ?.
theres a test server for that stuff... I'd hope that Cho is treated just like the other servers
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 03:06 AM   #27
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by totnkopf
theres a test server for that stuff... I'd hope that Cho is treated just like the other servers

I was just thinking aloud, not suggesting anything.
But looking at it sensibly it would be a lot of work running servers with code differences.....not going to happen
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #28
hugedan

I am quite enjoying myself on Cho at the moment. I dont quite see how you got people have just gone on there to show how good they are at leveling from though, seems more of a provocative post tbh (which seems to have worked in some instances).

Its a different old/new begining, with the content we wanted in the first time round. Leveling will be much fast this time round due to OP cats etc. So realistically speaking its just going to be 'another' shard. Maybe its for some who dont like the community on certain servers or for those who just want the whole developing experience again which is what i am there for.
hugedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #29
drcole22

having a great time on Cho with the old team. Surprised on just how many have come back for a fresh start.

Nice to see a long train on DCP'ers running to the old Timari hunting spot in Dyron. Having to run full speed when a stray varinx came to snack on a few healers.

Cho is how i remember the game being. Forget all the Outpost/ pvp etc etc. I'm there having a good time with people i enjoy gaming with.

Top stuff.
drcole22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #30
fiach

When I see 15 people drop other games and return to Ryzom after leaving over a year ago, just upon receipt of an email, to start afresh on Cho, it makes me feel mmuch more positive about the future of Ryzom.

A HUGE Welcome Back to every one that has returned and a hearty welcome to all new players to both Arispotle and Cho!
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote