Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you prefer? / Que vous préférez? / Was bevorzugt ihr?
Complete the rites. / Accomplir les rites. / Vervollständigt die Riten Missionen. 163 75.12%
New Quests (XP & items)/Nouveaux quests (XP & équip)/Neue Quests (EP & Items) 49 22.58%
New Quests (XP & mats)/Nouveaux quests (XP & mats)/Neue Quests (XP & mats) 76 35.02%
New regions / Nouvelles régions / Neue Regionen 146 67.28%
PvE outposts / PvE avant-postes / PvE Aussenposten 56 25.81%
The Spires / Les Spires / Die Türme 44 20.28%
More Ring options / Plus d'options pour le ring / Mehr Funktionen im Ring 64 29.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 24th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #21
mugendo

Re: What do you prefer? / Que vous préférez? / Was bevorzugt ihr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollly
id prefer a ingame calendar. do we not have the equivelent of months/days weeks/years in this game?or is night and day and 4 seasons the extent of it?

my 2 dapper

seasons are very important...search the forum and there is a very comprehensive calendar with real time calculations included.....sorry it's too late and I'm too lazy at this time to look.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:14 AM   #22
praha

Smile Re: What do you prefer?

Quote:
id prefer a ingame calendar. do we not have the equivelent of months/days weeks/years in this game?or is night and day and 4 seasons the extent of it?

my 2 dapper

Some of us might remember when this was in-game (Winter, Day 102*, Hour 20, The weather is Fair) :

at one point it was a component of the load screen and at another point of the game it was built into the in-game map. I see your 2 dappers and raise ya one

* = Day of the year, not season.
praha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #23
iwojimmy

1, 4, and 5.

something real, on Atys, for the non PvP crowd.
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #24
katriell

Quote:

my 2 dapper
Not exactly in-game, but: http://atys.pri.ee

http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17094

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #25
luciox

4 then 1 then 3
luciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #26
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
Not exactly in-game, but: http://atys.pri.ee
it just got easyer to keep up with ingame date/time.
http://atys.pri.ee/ws
like every software... it should work (does for me :-) for both linux and windows).
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:28 AM   #27
raiden55

man your guilty : you've used google translation for the french sentences, i dunno for the german ones cause i don't speak german, but for french it's really visible
(understand : I, french guy, looked at the english options to understand better xD)

for example :
Accomplir les rites. = terminer les rites (on this context "accomplir" means that we have to do them - those already in game)
Nouveaux quests (XP & mats) = nouvelles quêtes (XP & items)
ok for the others
(for the explenations it's not correct, but we can understand it, but it's strange cause there are errors which aren't on the options, like "la ring" or "nouveux" - and for this one i don't think it's google cause this word doesn't exist - ^^)

and I want : 3 first (or 2 but 3 is better), then 1 and after 7
(and of course i know i'd do some grammar errors cause there's about 6 months i had not have english lessons)
raiden55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #28
kokunze

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden55
man your guilty : you've used google translation for the french sentences, i dunno for the german ones cause i don't speak german, but for french it's really visible
(understand : I, french guy, looked at the english options to understand better xD)

for example :
Accomplir les rites. = terminer les rites (on this context "accomplir" means that we have to do them - those already in game)
Nouveaux quests (XP & mats) = nouvelles quêtes (XP & items)
ok for the others
(for the explenations it's not correct, but we can understand it, but it's strange cause there are errors which aren't on the options, like "la ring" or "nouveux" - and for this one i don't think it's google cause this word doesn't exist - ^^)

and I want : 3 first (or 2 but 3 is better), then 1 and after 7
(and of course i know i'd do some grammar errors cause there's about 6 months i had not have english lessons)

Like i already said, i am german and thankful for every translation hint
kokunze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #29
jamela

1 1 1

I'd also go with more fixes and little improvements ahead of any further new features.

Okay, I couldn't vote that so I voted 1,6,7. I think a PvE version of the PvP outposts we have would be as much a waste of time as they were. I'd like outposts as originally described / rumoured to be implemented. Better, though, to finish what has already been started.

Would have liked to see an option for improved crafting colours and textures, also, much as Noin described some months ago. I am straying further into dreamworld, though

The Ring is already there for us to create new tasks and quests and give our own rewards. Option 7 could pretty much take care of 2 and 3. I hesitate to include 4.

Last edited by jamela : October 24th, 2006 at 12:35 PM.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #30
jamela

To expand a bit more - sorry, there was no 'Other' option in the poll - I'd like to see Atys made even more dynamic. I believe Nevrax has already put a lot of effort into developing things like environmental changes and effects of harvesting and hunting. There must be plans for the Goo to be made dynamic also, to spread or be fought back. The Tribes were supposed to show more development and conflict, contesting camps and outposts. Atys is supposed to be affected and influenced by our actions. I'd like to see these visions followed through.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote