Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM   #11
fiach

Re: A new player's experience with the trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamela

Edit: Valda, do you realise it's against the forum rules to quote people's entire posts unnecessarily?

Sorry, it just irritates me. I would have PMed you but you don't have messaging enabled.

Edited, Just for you.
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #12
jamela

Very kind, thank you, and likewise. Is there a reason you don't wish private messages?

On topic:

I see a lot of comments in this thread tagging themselves on to the old bandwagon - "this is a niche game, sorry you don't like it, it isn't for everyone". Cjpetri picked out some of the major strengths that Ryzom has as things that he liked - great graphics that don't require a top spec gaming platform, and an immersive experience. Many of the other strengths he was never allowed to experience under the terms of the trial, the branching skill tree for example, and all the fun of editing actions. Valda mentioned Speed and Invulnerability - useless advice to a trial player. Skills and options at 20 are extremely limited or have you forgotten?

Most of his complaints seem to revolve around his client behaving badly on his pc. I would wish that he had talked to someone about it while ingame so that he would have realised that what he was seeing was very unusual, but if you can hit the level barrier of the trial in a couple of hours it is very understandable that he never realised it was only his problem.

To me, his last paragraph is the most telling.

Last edited by jamela : October 24th, 2006 at 09:29 PM.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #13
eadwig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpetri

Things that you aggro but then need to run away from chase you WAY, WAY too far.

They used to never stop chasing you. You would have loved that!
(IIRC When they first changed it, the distance was too short and they lengthened it for some mobs.)
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #14
fiach

I have enough crazies IRL without random PM's on forums

You get a little flashing icon "You have ONE NEW MESSAGE!!!!!"

Then run the whole gamut of emotions like :

Paranoia
OH NO!!! Im goin to get banned cos I said or did something I shouldn't do
Hope
Well maybe Ill read just this one, it cant hurt can it?
Despair
No it could be a forum troll flaming me
Fear
If I open it I might get a virus on my PC
Lust
Hey it could be that chick I teamed with last night
Sadness
What if it was a bloke
Greed
Maybe somebodys quitting and they want to give me their stuff
Wrath
If I open it and I dont like it, i'll send a really abusive response
Sorrow
And get banned
Sloth
Couldn't be bothered
Pride
Why should I, the GM's filter my mail personally and appraise me of anything that needs my personal attention.

Could be one or all of those reasons

Meanwhile I suppose I should really activate it as i never knew it existed before
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 03:30 AM   #15
mugendo

To the OP, you made a very long and informative post regarding your likes/dislikes and frustrations with the game. Thankyou for honest and direct feedback that Nevrax can use.
Sorry Ryzom did not deliver the experience you look for, and I wish you well in your search for the game that feels 'right' for you.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #16
tibber2

Cool Re: A new player's experience with the trial

I agree level 21 isnt really enough of a trial . When I joined I was offered the full trial unlimited . After completing all of the missions on the Island and getting the awesome armor . That was what made me more then happy to reach in my wallet and pay to move on to the Mainland and bigger and better things . At level 21 it was all still too new and different for me and IMHO , not long enough to really get the " feel " for this game as it is so very different from the others .
tibber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #17
ummax

Quote:
Last night, I hit my max melee/max crafting levels of 21, with 17 magic and 17 foraging. I had finally finished the Red blades #2 quest, got what looked like an awesome sword, but found that I couldn't use it because I didn't have the points to gain an extra 5 strength.

So last night, I uninstalled.

This game, in my opinion, is not worth paying 15/month for.

yes well I can't say I blame you if i was limited to 21 levels and got a useless item I would go ??? as well.

The quests you speak of dont update and no I dont now why but once you have killed enough animals they will.

Sorry for your experience I hope nevrax puts the level cap up high enough so people get to use the items they get and figure out this is a good game.

(as for those flaming or saying its not for you it sounds actualy that the game is for you because of the way you commented on the positive parts it sounds mostly like you hit a wall with the level 21 thing)

I expect to see more posts like this soon and a drop in subscriptions of new subscribers as they really need to rethink what they have done free trial wise.

Level 21 cap is too low for someone completely unfamiliar with ryzom sorry you didn't get to see the rest it really is a good game
ummax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #18
cjpetri

I uninstalled the client, but I did not give away all of my stuff. I will check back here now and then, and if they have expanded the trial, I will give this game another chance.
cjpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 06:01 AM   #19
iwojimmy

Quote:
I uninstalled the client, but I did not give away all of my stuff. I will check back here now and then, and if they have expanded the trial, I will give this game another chance.

So....

*applies can opener to tinned worms, then douses liberally with petrol*

how long does Nevrax store Free Trial characters ?
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 06:12 AM   #20
talismar

I suspect its your less-than-spectacular machine causing the loss of animations and problem with alt-tabbing.

On my less-then-spectacular machine I can alt-tab (assuming something is already open) but the screen doesn't display proper. On my wifes new pc (spectacular) with everything cranked to max its perfect and the alt tabs have zero issues.
talismar is offline   Reply With Quote