NO. whats the point in getting fame then? 60 66.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #71
ajsuk

Re: Neturals in PR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim
Admitting you have a problem is the first step. I'm very proud of you.

Now you've gone and done it... I'm gunna have to have Sehraci sew my sides back up...

---

*Shares the Pie with Sxar*
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #72
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveit
Come up with a good rp reason. You and Grimjim can be so imaginative!

So much so we can imagine an inclusive game!

If there wasn't the fame grinding necessary, in game terms 'helping the enemy' then it could be justified as exploiting the powers, you could say you could balance that by assisting the other faction but since that just empowers both of them, in RP terms, to do even more damage to Atys that's not an especially good option either.

Metagaming it to exploit the mechanics feels as bad to me as aggro dragging, neutral healing or digger ganking, but that's for me.
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #73
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsuk
Now you've gone and done it... I'm gunna have to have Sehraci sew my sides back up...

Not before you visit the Wizard tinman. :P
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #74
vguerin

Quote:
The 2D fanatical representations that Raynes or Doubletap portray are very simplistic but even those who make factional choices needn't be the same sort of cardboard cut outs as those, as we see in some OP battles where Kami or Karavan moderates end up fighting for different sides.
[OOC]Jim, one would say that someone not following the wishes of their faction and fighting for different sides are hardly moderates. Hypocrites or maybe even heretics would be closer definititions according the any theasaurus.

Do we call the folks that go to church to find a mate moderates ? We have all seen them, following a religion for other purposes than devotion to the "higher power" is not moderation. I like to play my game style as do you, but the terms we use to describe the same thing can have our own slant without changing definitions. I cannot agree with what you call moderate.

The poll results speak for themself...[/OOC]
Old October 25th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #75
pvtarea

Many of us in this game have made a choice for our factions,those that chose not to choose have make there choice,PR tps are for the peeps that make a choice to follow one faction or the other...either Rites or to lazy to get fame..PR means walking for neurals(as if you dont get enough TP uboveground )
While where on the subject Why do Karavan have more Tps then Kami???
naa save that for another thread
Isnt like its all RP either...if that was the case... with story line wouldnt be any karavan harvesters in the roots,they may be thaere to stop us from digging .
Old October 25th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #76
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
[OOC]Jim, one would say that someone not following the wishes of their faction and fighting for different sides are hardly moderates. Hypocrites or maybe even heretics would be closer definititions according the any theasaurus.

Do we call the folks that go to church to find a mate moderates ? We have all seen them, following a religion for other purposes than devotion to the "higher power" is not moderation. I like to play my game style as do you, but the terms we use to describe the same thing can have our own slant without changing definitions. I cannot agree with what you call moderate.

The poll results speak for themself...[/OOC]

The comparison is more akin to that between the types of religious who picket abortion clinics, spout hate at homosexuals or blow themselves up as compared to those who quietly believe and speak out against such behaviour.

You portray the Karavan equivalent of a flagellant monk, a Crusader Knight (doing it genuinely for the faith and not the loot) a Communist Comissar, a Maoist revolutionary, a 'patriot' or anyone else that gives up all of what they are to a belief. Others with similar views would preach moderation, its like the difference in views between the Westboro Baptists and Archbishop Rowan Williams.

As to the poll results there's been confusion in the middle of it over whether it was advocating thetrade of tickets and, frankly, since a change wouldn't actually affect the majority of people who seem to be voting I'm not sure the poll's valid. Another clearer one would be nice.

One thing I wish would come out of this would be people understanding (or remembering) that these TPs were taken away and were accessible before and since then neutrals ain't been thrown a bone - yet.
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #77
marct

Quote:
One thing I wish would come out of this would be people understanding (or remembering) that these TPs were taken away and were accessible before and since then neutrals ain't been thrown a bone - yet.
Quite possibly it is something that was always intended to be this way, but not implemented due to time constraints. Why would it be that unrealistic to believe that it was intended the way it is now.

Yes it was "taken away."

And lastly, why do you EXPECT the neutrals to be thrown a bone?
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #78
dakhound

votes for give neutrals PR tp's in exchange for allowing me to buy kara tp's :P
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #79
ajsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct
Quite possibly it is something that was always intended to be this way, but not implemented due to time constraints. Why would it be that unrealistic to believe that it was intended the way it is now.

Yes it was "taken away."

'xactly!

Fame used to be pointless... now theres consequence... makes sense to me...

Your making work for yourself and want to be rewarded for it?
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #80
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct

Yes it was "taken away."

Exactly. The whole "that's not the way it's supposed to be" attitude comes from seeing the game in a certain state before episode two. When the reality is that state was the result of not having the resources and having many things left unfinished.
Closed Thread