Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 25th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #11
riveit

Re: I wish I was BIG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy97
*gasps at Crythos* Hey! I looked that up you little...

Looked that up too. Smack him! Smack him Ulani! He's all mouth and trousers.

Hmm, well if that doesn't work, we'll find someone bigger to smack him.
riveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #12
soulbear

It is true, if you put some effort into it you will get past the level you've reached withing two weeks or so, but then, is that really fun? The main idea is to enjoy yourself, and if you do that by leveling a bit slower, that's fine, you will get yourself up to that master title some day anyway. It's not THAT fun to be able to kill almost anything by yourself, but I must admit that it is enjoyable .

You will grow big, level-wise, one day, Ulani.

PS. I'm back, yes, and I'm staying, on Cho though
soulbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #13
vguerin

Quote:
So sometimes "- I wish I was BIG!" (Tom Hanks in "Big" 1988)
Our playstyles vary greatly but let me toss something your way...

Jump on board, choose A/1/THE skill you want to master and follow thru. Then when the itch occurs to follow/help your friends, you will feel BIG. Of course big is relative...

Once done with that go back to typical playstyle knowing you have an ace in the hole for when the time comes to play your cards...

Just an idea.
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM   #14
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveit
Looked that up too. Smack him! Smack him Ulani! He's all mouth

hmm.... we say 'all mouth and _no_ trousers' down this way :/
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 11:57 AM   #15
cloudy97

Thanks guys, yeah I should focus more.

Here's a novel idea to make OP wars more fun for us "youngsters"; what if there was a level cap on the OP fights? The max level used on a Q100 OP is 100, if you have more levels you still fight like a level 100. Maybe it makes no logical sense, but it would make the PVP hungry lowbie feel more useful. Ever so often I hear people decline a fight with "I wouldn't be of any use anyway".

Most of the code should already be there, ever carried too much ammo?
cloudy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #16
fiach

Well I find that healing is a great way to get into the whole OP thing, every heal is important, even if just topping up the main healers, so there should be no reason to be left out.

Someone saying "I wouldn't be of any use anyway". is crazy, they should at least go and learn the mechanics of OP's and even if they are just melee, they can still cause some degree of distraction for the guards etc.
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #17
mugendo

Quote:
Thanks guys, yeah I should focus more.

Here's a novel idea to make OP wars more fun for us "youngsters"; what if there was a level cap on the OP fights? The max level used on a Q100 OP is 100, if you have more levels you still fight like a level 100. Maybe it makes no logical sense, but it would make the PVP hungry lowbie feel more useful. Ever so often I hear people decline a fight with "I wouldn't be of any use anyway".

Most of the code should already be there, ever carried too much ammo?
low level PvP no use !!!..are you serious. the nice thing about Ryzom is...there is no way to know the level of your opponent, Ignore that fact at your own peril .
Distraction and confusion are the 'skills' we low levels bring to the battles.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #18
zarozina

Quote:
Still, my highest level in a combat skill is 108. New people outlevel me in less than a month and I've played since August last year!

Sometimes I wish I was a BIG huge warrior like most of you, but killing mobs for the sole purpose of leveling makes me cringe. The things that really gives the player experience, like boss hunts or treks never result in another level. Instead it's the plantkilling teams that grow up very very fast.

Don't misunderstand, Ryzom don't lock me out of anything like a level based game do, but it would be nice to be the one who makes a difference at an outpost or help a new player trek Yrk-FH or being able to clear Upper Bog of cuttlers.

So sometimes "- I wish I was BIG!" (Tom Hanks in "Big" 1988)
With you all the way here Ulani. After nearly 9 months in game, my highest hunt skill is still under 150 - I don't like spam-casting madness on a mob way higher than me just to try and power-lvl my affys, etc (although I do do this from time to time). Personally I would rather take a small team and level slowly on something we can actually kill by skill rather than taking on smthg huge for the magical 3k XP using sheer weight of numbers and spam-casting.

Give me a spare hour or 2 and Ill go solo exploring dig spots in Templedoom and gather enough DP to fill the GH
zarozina is offline   Reply With Quote