Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:21 PM   #41
totnkopf

Re: Subscribed - Loged in - Unsubscibed - cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash1
Oh and im a melee they have 80% protection against my attacks. So trying to fight 4* kitin 3 at a time with ragus chewing on my leg isnt really an option for me.
There are different kitin in different parts of the region. Some resist melee (usually weak to magic then) and others resist magic. Trick is to find ones that are weak to what you want to use.

For melee, look for one of these bad boys
Clicky!
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:36 PM   #42
slash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by totnkopf
For melee, look for one of these bad boys
Clicky!

Is the bring a battalion along with ya optional O.o....lol
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM   #43
totnkopf

Quote:
Is the bring a battalion along with ya optional O.o....lol
lol... that screenie is from the Episode 2 event. Battalion not needed for the blue 4 stars. I was able to solo 3 of them at a time with heavy armor and an axe.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:58 PM   #44
mithur

Quote:
High lvl players apprently love it and I prolly would to if i was high lvl. But since they cant put the kitin in just high lvl areas or just less in low lvl areas or heck even NOT LINK THE THINGS INTO 3 PACKS i choose to sit out the week.

Amen to that; exactly my point.

To the "iliterates" men: Don't be so rude. I share exactly your problem, but with that way of expression you'll done more bat than good.

Nevrax appears to hear the people, that's fine. While i'm sure it's easy low level a whole category (Cho solution), I'm sure it's not easy low leavel a category in a few starting areas; I don't want they solve this in this Invasion; I'll resign not to play, or play badly until the sunday. But I only want that Nevrax has this item in consideration the next time they wanna do something like this.

Whatever, thanks for hearing us. This is very welcome, even if the low-level Arispotle players are still screwed. I'm conscient thar for Arispotle isn't easy a tweak that don't screw the high level players, so I understand that.

Bu please, take in mind for the next time.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:01 PM   #45
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcred
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS BEING DISPLAYD APON YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN?. I understand this is the english community, but it seems to me that a large number of you are either not proficient in english, or you are iliterate

do you mean UPON ?

Quote:
unfortunately, the only people seeing anything from our perspective, are those in exactly the same position.

By definition it would require the same level skills to view the situation from the same perspective, as my highest level is 48 I understand I see this from the same perspercive...... unfortunately to give the perspective some consistancy in interpretation I would need to agree, as I do see the situation from the same perspective and draw a conclusion that, incredulous as it seems, is different from your summary, which implies you represent the majority (if not all) of the viewers of this perspective, I can only conclude that your summary is not supported by the statements of this paragraph.
I am so pleased when I find someone with a grasp of the english language, who is both literate and articulate enough to understand the content of this reply.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:22 PM   #46
darkcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezas

Congrats

Standing in front of a wall of kitin alone can be disheartening and seem futile. There have been some suggestions to you explaining how you can remedy it and take on the challenge.

When you accuse others of being illiterate you might want to check your spelling a few times to make sure you don't make a fool of yourself. English isn't my native language but my dictionary can spot 3 spelling errors in your post.

Dictionary.com being your favorite website does not make you any more literate, and so you know, most of the greatest minds in history were horrendous spellers, just because I do not take the time to spell check my typos does not mean that you are any more competent than I, so why don't you go play Grammer Police:Island Adventures. I was am and will continue however to question your literate comprehension, get it right, before you make YOURself look particularly foolish....
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:41 PM   #47
darkcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
do you mean UPON ?

By definition it would require the same level skills to view the situation from the same perspective, as my highest level is 48 I understand I see this from the same perspercive...... unfortunately to give the perspective some consistancy in interpretation I would need to agree, as I do see the situation from the same perspective and draw a conclusion that, incredulous as it seems, is different from your summary, which implies you represent the majority (if not all) of the viewers of this perspective, I can only conclude that your summary is not supported by the statements of this paragraph.
I am so pleased when I find someone with a grasp of the english language, who is both literate and articulate enough to understand the content of this reply.

And to you, my semi-well spoken(but particularly long winded) "friend", I do not believe that you are an un-biased observer within this sitiuation, in fact, you have proven that your opinion is not at all being drawn from a perspective even remotely similer to mine, more specificly, you have not had every time you try to lvl, or quest, ruined, otherwise you would not imply (once again IF you were viewing this simple concept from the same perspective as I) that everything I have failed at (grinding, questing, teaming) is easy and that if I try I can accomplish it just as you. I am not you, you do not see this from my perspective, and I am not speeking of skills, I am speaking of experiences, first hand experiences that you obviously have not been exposed to, but that one would hope your seemingly articulate, and verbose...mind would be able to "imagine" a similar situation happening to you, and how you might react.....unfortunately for all involved, it seems that I am wrong. But yes, it is good to know that we can dust off our vocabulary and thus measure e-peen any time, if needed, you just send me a PM, and we can bring out the tape measure.....

Last edited by darkcred : November 3rd, 2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:49 PM   #48
mugendo

Quote:
if needed, you just send me a PM, and we can bring out the tape measure.....

welcome to Ryzom , I hope the frustration you are experiencing changes to enjoyment soon.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:06 AM   #49
totnkopf

Quote:
And to you, my semi-well spoken(but particularly long winded) "friend", I do not believe that you are an un-biased observer within this sitiuation, in fact, you have proven that your opinion is not at all being drawn from a perspective even remotely similer to mine, more specificly, you have not had every time you try to lvl, or quest, ruined, otherwise you would not imply (once again IF you were viewing this simple concept from the same perspective as I) that everything I have failed at (grinding, questing, teaming) is easy and that if I try I can accomplish it just as you. I am not you, you do not see this from my perspective, and I am not speeking of skills, I am speaking of experiences, first hand experiences that you obviously have not been exposed to, but that one would hope your seemingly articulate, and verbose...mind would be able to "imagine" a similar situation happening to you, and how you might react.....unfortunately for all involved, it seems that I am wrong. But yes, it is good to that we can dust off our vocabulary and thus measure e-peen any time, if needed, you just send me a PM, and we can bring out the tape measure.....

I experienced an invasion event on Tuesday that was awesome, fun and offered rewards that if I worked hard enough, I could enjoy.

On Thursday I experienced what Force Whining from noobies does to an invasion... barely any mobs, an "invasion" of less than 20 kitin per region, and rewards that are now un-obtainable.

those are first hand experiences for ya. Were you an Elder Jedi in SWG per chance?

EDIT:[Speaking of Cho here] you want to talk about failed quests? Any of the quests you've picked up are repeatable. If you fail it, oh well, wait 2 hours and you can get it again... the event quests is time limited and isn't available once the event ends. This is you one and only chance to get them and its been made impossible to obtain half of them. that, my friend, is a failed quest. One that you can pick up any day is nothing.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:16 AM   #50
darkcred

Lol, playd that load of crap SWG? Are you kidding? I may be a newbie, but the only noobie I see continues to insist that if he is having fun, so is everyone else! Sorry, I playd the very first Open ended skill based game, it was a little Gem called Ultima Online, you are probably not old enough to remember it when it came out, but I am guessing that you have heard of the mess it has become now, kinda like your beloved SWG, but no, if you want real challenge go play on a Pre Tram/Fel UO shard, I guarentee you end up crying and quiting the moment a Red pks you outside of a city......Life in Britannia is harder than Atys anyday, so please do not tell me that I am more accustomed to easy-mode types of games, because I am not
Closed Thread