Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:48 PM   #1
mvk3533

Not big on Crafting. Will it be a problem?

Magic? Love it! Fighting? Enjoyable. Foraging? Great when I need some ingame Zen-time. Crafting? Not so much.

I've never been able to get into crafting in any game. Will this be a problem in Ryzom? Will I be hurting my Homin by letting my Crafting skill lag?
mvk3533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:04 AM   #2
oldmess

Re: Not big on Crafting. Will it be a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk3533
Magic? Love it! Fighting? Enjoyable. Foraging? Great when I need some ingame Zen-time. Crafting? Not so much.

I've never been able to get into crafting in any game. Will this be a problem in Ryzom? Will I be hurting my Homin by letting my Crafting skill lag?

Short answer: No

None of the attributeds raised by crafting are needed by the other skills. Sure, you can get hp that way, but you get hp from melee faster anyway.

As to gear, well, no one can craft everything they need unless they have no life, so you're gonna need to depend on other players for your gear. In your case, all of your gear.

Foraging/looting mobs will be enough to keep your dappers up. You won't get rich that way, but you'll have enough for day to day needs.
oldmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:56 AM   #3
kostika

I didn't do any crafting til very recently and even now don't do much still. It won't really hurt you to not craft.

Although to match your zen time of digging, it's kinda nice to have a reason to dig certain mats.
kostika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:38 AM   #4
lukazade

no it wont hurt your character in any way. BUT.... how can you like "foraging" and not like crafting, imho (and everyone has different opinions) crafting seems to be more rewarding than foraging.

Basically jus buy a packer, and when you forage jus shove all your mats into the packer, and overtime it will grow, once full jus use the mats to craft items, might not get craft high fast enough that way, but eventually it will go somewhere.

Also crafting is more rewarding (even at low levels), when you get a new player asking for help he/she just come into the mainland an needs a better set of armor, you will feel good to actually go out an help the guy/gal. Even if it means a 10 min to how ever long it will take you dig. Helping another player out is as rewarding as it gets.

My points neways.

(BTW, my main isnt a crafter lol, but my alt on Cho is)
lukazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:41 AM   #5
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukazade
Helping another player out is as rewarding as it gets.

My points neways.

Honest, direct and straight to the point.....this is the real 'content' of Ryzom.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:24 AM   #6
mrshad

If you want to rake in the daps, be a crafter.
But, since daps right now are kinda pointless after you already have a nice pile of them, it doesn't really matter.
mrshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:03 AM   #7
sehracii

Just harvesting can make as much dapper as harvest+craft, sometimes more so.
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:14 AM   #8
skeith8

I was hoping it also wouldn't be a problem, since it is not one of my better branches of training anyways. It's good to know that there are many other options to making enough money to survive. I've been basically neglecting the Crafting skill with Uyare, and focusing solely on magicks...however I may bring it into play later on...For now, hunting/gathering then selling to make my moolah! Hehe.
skeith8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM   #9
xyclonee

Nah, keep havin fun, thats the most important, and maybe you find
crafting more fun and intresting after playin a while.

Still, the most important thing, HAVE FUN
xyclonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM   #10
iphdrunk

I've known quite a few players who were always equipped with the uberest bestest biggest gear and had never crafted or just a few craft levels items mostly out of boredom. Their secret? several, e.g.: being in good guilds, be generous and friendly, develop a network of crafter friends, and usually, be able to get part of the materials your equipment may need.

Honestly, you can do well and have fun without crafting at all. That said, in that case, my advice would be to develop a network of contacts / crafters. Be generous with them and you'll have no problem and, if possible, be able to dig at nice qualitites. If you can pay in grind mats, you will rarely have troubles to get gear and if you can gather your own (supreme) mats -- by hunting bosses or digging in Prime Roots), getting your equipment is just a matter of a tell and a tip to the crafter. For some specific items it may also be required if you want the top of the top, since some mats are hard to get.

As oldmess (Oud) says, "well, no one can craft everything they need unless they have no life" - it's basically true, but you can have a group of freind that can craft you anything you need.
iphdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote