Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #31
cloudy97

Re: I am truly saddened...

Just a short comment. Sony buying Matrix Online was probably due to getting the DC license, and had less to do with the game itself.
cloudy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #32
borg9

Any company vs No Company

My personal choice is any company! I am sure Jolt will keep the support/hosting contract for a while anyway, so I doubt whether Souls will be let out of his cage just yet.

My money however is on a company call Empire Interactive.
borg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #33
rushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9
My money however is on a company call Empire Interactive.

you mean the 'company' that have destroyed Horizons? I think i'd leave rather than watch them slowly annihilate my home.
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #34
turjake

Actually one of the "evil empires" mentioned above could be very good solution for Ryzom. Microsoft. They got the money for development and marketing *and* they are already supporting and developing at least one "niche game" - Flight Simulator anyone?

Fact remains that Ryzom needs a biggish byuer to keep it actually floating - Driving the before almost nonexistent marketing and development, including both bug fixes and new features. Entity like Empire Interactive which seems to be unlocatable by US jurisdiction would definitely be the worst choice, maybe prolonging the life a bit, but finally making the end unavoidable.

Of course there are players like Ubisoft or Zenimax out there that can pull out a pleasant surprise, but it remains to be seen.

(And before anyone says anything silly about Microsoft and code quality - go have a peek at glibc, you can't get worse than that and it definitely isn't done by Microsoft)
turjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #35
iwojimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turjake
Actually one of the "evil empires" mentioned above could be very good solution for Ryzom. Microsoft. They got the money for development and marketing *and* they are already supporting and developing at least one "niche game" - Flight Simulator anyone?
)

Oh joy....

Ryzom on Xbox only..
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #36
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummax
Sony............... games............... work

Never expected to see these three words in the same sentence.... *crying with laughter*
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #37
turjake

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwojimmy
Oh joy....

Ryzom on Xbox only..

Following that train of thought...

Sony - Ryzom on PS only
NCsoft - Ryzom in Korean only
Crapple - Ryzom on iPod only...
turjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #38
pyrrhon

Nevrax created a self-perpetuating two-class world of "have" and "have-nots." Under Nevrax's system, stagnant old guilds with OPs were able survive far longer than they would have without their OPs. New players and guilds with new ethusiasm and energy have a serious psychological and actual disadvantage because the have no OP and little chance of ever gaining one. Consequently they do not last. This is the fatal flaw of Ryzom. I hope Nevrax, being a startup trying to find a niche among older larger mmo players, appreciates the irony.
pyrrhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #39
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrrhon
Nevrax created a self-perpetuating two-class world of "have" and "have-nots." Under Nevrax's system, stagnant old guilds with OPs were able survive far longer than they would have without their OPs. New players and guilds with new ethusiasm and energy have a serious psychological and actual disadvantage because the have no OP and little chance of ever gaining one. Consequently they do not last. This is the fatal flaw of Ryzom. I hope Nevrax, being a startup trying to find a niche among older larger mmo players, appreciates the irony.

We gave ours up and we're one of the oldest guilds on the server. That's something of a mischaracterisation. I don't know that there's a ton of point going over the problems that got us all here at this point, it could undermine things.
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #40
katriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrrhon
...What?

Bleh, don't go there. o_O

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote