Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old November 28th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #31
grimjim

Re: To all PvPers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
Why do you feel the need to rip into every PvP related thread there is, you dont find me going to the RP forum and ripping people apart do you (hell I even try to get in on the act occasionally).

All it takes for evil to triumph... ah you know the rest.

Like it or not, agree with it or not, carebear is a perjorative insult aimed at people who do not like the dog-eat-dog, triumphalist, smack-talking world of PvP play. It is insulting and this sort of nonsense adds absolutely nothing to Ryzom. Room for PvP? Yes. This? No.
Old November 28th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #32
norvic

I dont think its PvP or not to PvP thats the issue here Jacko, no matter how much LT tries to twist, "carebear" when used on gaming forums is nothing to do with fuzzy little bears but is an insult to a certain playstyle and "Up Yours" or whatever "deniable" meaning he meant to imply is also a disrespect implying total disregard for others.

If he wants to PvP then fine, I am not anti PvP, if he wants to joke then fine, but remember this is text not RL and you get no nuance of timing or tone and he should choose his words more carefully, but I think he got the reaction he was aiming for in a provacative statement he was fully aware of the meaning of.

I guess no "props" for me then, whatever the hell "props"means.
Old November 28th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #33
dakhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim

Like it or not, agree with it or not, carebear is a perjorative insult aimed at people who do not like the dog-eat-dog, triumphalist, smack-talking world of PvP play. It is insulting and this sort of nonsense adds absolutely nothing to Ryzom. Room for PvP? Yes. This? No.

yes but the insult was not aimed at you/yours or "people who do not like the dog-eat-dog, triumphalist, smack-talking world of PvP play" as you call them. I know who he's referring to and dont totally agree in this case with him (the people in question have since proved themselves otherwise)

as I said, you still feel the need to reply to the topic for no good reason, you could simply open it (or hell look at the post starter) and ignore as you know its not relevant to your side of the game.

no-one voted you to your position of "self style protector of ryzom values" so dont assume that authority
Old November 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #34
dakhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by norvic
I dont think its PvP or not to PvP thats the issue here Jacko, no matter how much LT tries to twist, "carebear" when used on gaming forums is nothing to do with fuzzy little bears but is an insult to a certain playstyle and "Up Yours" or whatever "deniable" meaning he meant to imply is also a disrespect implying total disregard for others.

If he wants to PvP then fine, I am not anti PvP, if he wants to joke then fine, but remember this is text not RL and you get no nuance of timing or tone and he should choose his words more carefully, but I think he got the reaction he was aiming for in a provacative statement he was fully aware of the meaning of.

I guess no "props" for me then, whatever the hell "props"means.

I agree it shouldnt be brought to the forum mate, I dont agree with LT doing the whole forum PvP thing, I'm just pointing out those who dont wish to participate can just leave it and withold themselves from posting
Old November 28th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #35
mugendo

Quote:

as I said, you still feel the need to reply to the topic for no good reason, you could simply open it (or hell look at the post starter) and ignore as you know its not relevant to your side of the game.

I don't believe anybody has commented on the PvP side of the post, it's the unnecessary and derogatory terminology added to the post which I find not offensive personally. But I do use it to formulate my opinion on the maturity (or lack of) of the original poster. If that causes offense then maybe it is those people that should refrain from posting in this thread ? .
Human psychology is something difficult to understand, but explaining the reference is now to 'little bears' does nothing to endear me to the poster who chooses to insult my intelligence. And only an idiot would not see that, would'nt you agree LittleTigger ?
Please explain who has the changing standards to me ?
Old November 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #36
dakhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
I don't believe anybody has commented on the PvP side of the post, it's the unnecessary and derogatory terminology added to the post which I find not offensive personally. But I do use it to formulate my opinion on the maturity (or lack of) of the original poster. If that causes offense then maybe it is those people that should refrain from posting in this thread ? .
Human psychology is something difficult to understand, but explaining the reference is now to 'little bears' does nothing to endear me to the poster who chooses to insult my intelligence. And only an idiot would not see that, would'nt you agree LittleTigger ?
Please explain who has the changing standards to me ?

just running it out in my head

you dont find carebear insulting?
you think LT is a fool?
you think h insults your intelligence somehow?
you feel the need to post against it even tho nothing in the thread had any relevance to you?

sorry I re-read your post a few times and didnt understand it totally
Old November 28th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #37
mugendo

Quote:
just running it out in my head

you dont find carebear insulting?
you think LT is a fool?
you think h insults your intelligence somehow?
you feel the need to post against it even tho nothing in the thread had any relevance to you?

sorry I re-read your post a few times and didnt understand it totally

Let me see if I can clarify a little...

I don't find carebear insulting PERSONALLY....I know others do. And the statement was posted as an afterthought purely to provoke a reaction....which invites me to respond, therefore the post does have relevance to me.
No I do not debate or comment on the merits if LT a fool or not, I comment on the level of maturity displayed in the post.
I refer to LT changing his reference to carebears from a 'dereogatory term' to 'cuddly bears' defend his reference in his original post.....changing standard ?
Old November 28th, 2006, 03:59 PM   #38
d29565

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzizoux
ahh Keiko i think i will take some Popcorn now,hehe

this is going funny here and i think i will stay a bit to watch this,its better than every movie :PP

*Passes Lexi the popcorn, even if it is a bit cold*

This is why I read forums! *giggles uncontrollably*

Oh, we're gonna be outa popcorn soon. What snack next? I like cake, anyone got a good recipe?
Old November 28th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #39
danlufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim

Jyudas maybe if you used a word that Littletiger would understand maybe he would just apologise.

Perjorative could just be described as belittling or derogatory if you didnt know LT.

Hope 'all' is now understood better, il have to translate your posts from now on Jyudas.
Old November 28th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #40
xzizoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by d29565
*Passes Lexi the popcorn, even if it is a bit cold*

This is why I read forums! *giggles uncontrollably*

Oh, we're gonna be outa popcorn soon. What snack next? I like cake, anyone got a good recipe?

Thanks Keiko,its ok when they are cold now,hehe

how is it with some Cookies??? i guess if have some left

Lexius Shiras
United Atys Leader
The Craziest and Sexiest Zorai on Atys

***Noobish by Nature***
Closed Thread