Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 5th, 2006, 11:51 PM   #1
firebalh

Final Vote!! RC Awards Vote for Ryzom ;)

The second annual awards are down to the finalists... make your vote count!

Late last month, we released open voting across seven categories to secure our nominees for the 2006 Reader's Choice Awards. The votes are in and now it's time to pick the winner. In each of the seven categories, we took the most significant vote-getters from each category as chosen by you the fans.
Here are our seven categories:
  • Favorite Graphics: Won last year by EVE Online, this category was open to all games on the market, but only two survived the first round of voting.
  • Favorite PvE: World of Warcraft was selected by our readers last year as their Favorite PvE Experience. Do they have what it takes to retain the crown? This category, again, was open to all games in commercial service, but again, only two made it to the finals.</B>
  • Favorite PvP: EVE Online was your favorite PvP experience last year. Did a year change anything? Once again, two made it to the last round..
  • Favorite Story: The Saga of Ryzom pulled off an upset victory last year. Now, with the Ryzom Ring can they retain their crown as the favorite world/role-playing/backstory of any released MMORPG on our list? Three games challenge.
  • Most Anticipated: Open to all games that have yet to launch, last year's winner Dungeons and Dragons Online has hit the market. Who will take home the crown this year? An amazing six games will duke it out.
  • Favorite New Game: This category is from a list of games that launched to commercial service in 2006 and is the only new category in this year's awards. Who, if anyone, deserves the crown?
  • Favorite Game: Finally, from among those games on the market, what is your favorite MMORPG? Last year, the voters said EVE. Will it be them or a challenger with the trophy?
Based on your votes, we will release the names of the winners in each category later this month. Each of the nominees represents one of the top vote getters in the preliminary round of voting. The entries are arranged in alphabetical order. If a game is not nominated for a category, it means it did not receive enough votes to qualify from the original round. To qualify, a game must have received over 10% of the initial vote. To vote, click on the links above or simply scroll through the next seven pages.

|
Go To Page 2 >>

Ryzom is again a finalist in Favorite Story

So go and Vote for the Victory of Ryzom!!!

greetz

Selene
firebalh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:56 AM   #2
raynes

Re: Final Vote!! RC Awards Vote for Ryzom ;)

Those awards have become a joke for much of the mmorpg community in general. Each year they happen and each year they are anything but representative of what the mmorpg community or mmo community thinks.

Best PvE Eve? Even Eve players know that isn't true.
Best Graphics WoW? Again even the people playing the game will tell you it doesn't have the best graphics by far.

The truth is that the awards end up being nothing more than a pissing contest between WoW and Eve players. It's sad.
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #3
gretchen

I play both EVE and this, and EVE just put out the first patch of the latest sets of game enhancements (Revelations/KALI.) New ships, new skills, new professions, new regions, with new graphics and other goodies on the way...Gonna be tough to beat.

It was Ryzom ads on the EVE site that brought me here for a try. I like both games for different reasons.
gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #4
rundll32

The graphics in ryzom are infinitely better than WoW, basically its just a popularity contest, and when a couple of the MMOs have hundreds of thousands of subscribers, the outcome is pretty predictable.
rundll32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:17 AM   #5
kostika

The mmorpg.com forums have alot of people talking about it being the WoW vs Eve awards. So it's very possible we'll get the "not Eve or WoW" vote for best story.

Not that I don't think Ryzom deserves it, but it's interesting to watch how it developes.
kostika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:29 AM   #6
pahya

*herk*

CPP finally realeased a portion of Kali?

*squees and takes off like a shot*
pahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #7
ummax

I can't vote for most of that stuff as in most cases its between WoW and Eve Online and I disliked both of them

(i can't believe EvE is in the best graphics category their graphics are some of the most 2D looking stuff I have seen in awhile at the very least I want it to look 3D even if it is 2D)

meh ..
ummax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 03:23 AM   #8
gretchen

If you think EVE is 2D you've never played it. Watch the most recent trailers: http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/videos/ and keep in mind that is all ingame video, not prerendered cutscenes. Players are building, buying, selling and flying the ships in the videos.
gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #9
kiexa

eve consists mainly of background images, a few spaceship/spacestation/warp thingy models. their rendering is nice and the effect is pretty but not that complex compared to just about every other MMO. isnt the klient about 500mb or something? including long FMV`s and one hell of a size database.

dont get me wrong, its nice to look at, but groundbreaking graphics it is not (in my opinion).
kiexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 04:31 AM   #10
ummax

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen
If you think EVE is 2D you've never played it. Watch the most recent trailers: http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/videos/ and keep in mind that is all ingame video, not prerendered cutscenes. Players are building, buying, selling and flying the ships in the videos.

i've played it i have 2 characters and i didn't like the graphics i found them very flat

my avatar was a photograph in a ship and I couldn't get out onto the ground

why would you think i didn't play it? lol yes I have and again I repeat i found the graphics very 2D like. The world itself graphic wise lacked depth and character. It was a bunch of photographs in ships flying around in space from place to place. The sky was simply coloured differently in one region to another. All the space stations were pretty much the same configuration. Graphicaly it lacked a lot of imagination it is a very simple game in this way. So as far as graphics go it is quite primitive in my opinion in comparison to every game I have played and even the SWG space package blasts the EvE-Online stuff outa the sky. In SWG the Ships were 3D and you could land and repair them and paint them and get out and walk around on the ground and multipassenger ships could carry passengers that had bodies and could get out of the seats and walk around and there was even a ship you could furnish unlike eve-online where they just fly around period. Sorry its my opinion, but again I can't figure out why you would think I haven't played it as there is only one eve-online ...

/shrug
ummax is offline   Reply With Quote